• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So hypothetical scenario, Trump's crimes here make him ineligible to run. Do you think that Trump would burn down the GOP in an effort to have folks "write him in" for 2024 in the face of a De Santis run?

If he thought he could win, I can see him doing that. But if he's ineligible to run for office, he couldn't win even with a write-in. Can I see him shitting all over whoever does get the nomination in that scenario? Absolutely - unless whoever clinches the nomination does so on the premise of pardoning Trump when elected.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Remind me again, which administration was in charge when Epstein mysteriously died?

Oct 27, 2017
At recent rallies, Trump has been doing this stupid routine about being, and I quote, "the most persecuted person in the history of this country". The idea that his followers might see him as being unjustly persecuted is utterly moronic. He's already explicitly telling them that, word-for-word.

What are they going to do, believe it harder? And who gives a shit if they do? Fuck them, and fuck him.

And fuck you, Yang.
And they unironically view him as the second coming of Christ. The Evangelical voting bloc in this country is both braindead and dangerous.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If he thought he could win, I can see him doing that. But if he's ineligible to run for office, he couldn't win even with a write-in. Can I see him shitting all over whoever does get the nomination in that scenario? Absolutely - unless whoever clinches the nomination does so on the premise of pardoning Trump when elected.

Which... would make him eligible to run again?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I was about to say "do they realize Trump is NOT in fact president anymore?" but then I realized, oh yeah, they keep saying the election results aren't legitimate so I guess they're at least being consistent with who they think the real pres is.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The FBI raid people all the time and if I was, say, peddling child pr0n or something, they'd raid me too. Wtf are these trying to say?

The FBI raided someone I know and turned his entire life upside down. Several women were murdered over a period of years and they looked at timing and profiles. My friend was in town at the time of each murder and was single, actually living with his mom to care for her.

They demolished his life and business over those circumstances and found nothing. My friend traveled there a few times for hot air balloon events. Yeah he was there at the time of the murders (in the city), but he was there a bunch of other times when nothing happened.

This is just what they do. And they don't leave and bless you as innocent. They don't apologize. You just have to sort through the carnage or move.

Bottom line, the FBI will still treat powerful people differently. They won't raid a Trump on circumstantial evidence.

Oct 31, 2017
So much this.

Trump's base is ALREADY ENRAGED. Its all they know. They've been enraged since 2016. And they STILL lost 2020.

Obama was campaigning in Florida in 2018 and, when heckled, said, "You ever notice be people who won after the ones who are angry all the time?"

I've never seen such angry winners, and we're not giving them what they want just to hope they become neutral, never mind happy.

Nov 7, 2017
Trump didn't happen in a vacuum and his movement won't die with him alone. You have the entire Conservative media machine as well as numerous internet strategies constantly pushing people further and further right. Trump was a symptom of a larger illness. Do you think suddenly people will stop making threatening phonecalls to legislatures when Tucker tells them to just because Trump is gone?

He was a useful figurehead that holds power sure, but that power was made possible by larger efforts working in tandem.
Gotcha, that helps. Agreed that this started post Nixon with Roger Ailes and Fox News. I do believe that Trump made things much, much worse and has made many on the right and andd alt-right much bolder. No, the problem won't go away if Trump is behind bars, the division has been growing for quite a while. There has been a marked drop in critical thinking and that leads directly to people believing bullshit and other conspiracies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
NYMAG: Convicted Felons Are Leaping to Trump's Defense

In 2011, former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison after being charged with an impressive 18 counts of corruption — including a plot to sell off the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama when he was elected president. The lone Democrat on the list, he wanted to make this a bipartisan affair, noting that the raid marked a "tragic day for ALL Americans." His sentenced was commuted by Trump in February 2020.

View: https://twitter.com/csymrl/status/1557018157499523073

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

In 2011, former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison after being charged with an impressive 18 counts of corruption — including a plot to sell off the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama when he was elected president. The lone Democrat on the list, he wanted to make this a bipartisan affair, noting that the raid marked a "tragic day for ALL Americans." His sentenced was commuted by Trump in February 2020.

he's literally in the FBI archives lol

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It's really amazing that the GOP keeps getting these big opportunities to turn on Trump, to start working on building up someone like DeSantis but simply can't. They really must be running under the idea of going as hard as possible for Trump until he dies of multiple cheese burger induced heart attacks.

They're probably scared shitless of the republican base. Scared that they'll get jan 6th'd for disloyalty or scared that they wont have the same enthusiasm to show up to the polls for them. Cant spend decades whipping people up into a frenzy and expect them to turn that shit off at the flip of a switch. The movement which they figureheaded Trump has way too much momentum to stop.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
LHdhdLV.jpeg

Yes, if you have evidence of a crime locked in a safe at your house, the FBI can go get it.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else worried about the rubber band effect? If Rs ever come back in power, they're going to royally fuck shit up. This is a huge concern for me.
Nah, don't give a shit. Fuck 'em. They all need to be put in their place, as they are the new "South" and we are the new "North". Except, this time we need to ensure they can never fuck around like this ever again. As long as we are following real evidence and getting them on real crimes, I'm all for it.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the threat of civil war loses its impact when Republicans are making one with literally every other breath.

Not to mention the fact that we've basically already been in one for a while now.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

These Republican men are the worst. Pretending to be victims yet cheered for killing Roe when half the population lost their productive/health rights.

"Oh so tragic the Predident's home was raided. Oh women losing rights? DEAL WITH IT! Cry me a river."

Fuck them.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

Criminal whining when FBI raids their house: "It's because of my politics!"
The voice of Universal TRUTH: "It's because you're a criminal!"