• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
CNN)PSA for all the Area 51 stormers, chemtrail believers and climate change deniers: Edward Snowden has searched the depths of the US intelligence networks and can report the conspiracy theories are not true.
As a former employee of the CIA and contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden had access to some of the nation's most closely held secrets.
And, like any curious mind with access to the CIA's version of Google might do, he went in search of answers to some of society's most pressing questions.

As it turns out, the US government is not aware of any intelligent, extraterrestrial life, he says. "For the record, as far as I could tell, aliens have never contacted Earth, or at least they haven't contacted US intelligence," Snowden writes in his recent memoir, "Permanent Record."

Also, the moon landing did indeed occur.

"In case you were wondering: Yes, man really did land on the moon. Climate change is real. Chemtrails are not a thing," he adds.

I also think that Trump would have declassified them by now.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I mean we should all know this for one reason and one reason alone: Humans are incapable of keeping secrets on a mass scale. The number of people that would need to be involved in order for this to be covered up would ensure there would be a leak.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
That information wouldn't be on any network. It would be completely isolated in a physical location and not connected to any outside networks in any way.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's because the CIA doesn't know anything. Only I know. My documentation of cryptids and aliens is so complete it would make the CIA cower. I have gone toe to toe with the goddamn Mothman. But Snowden will never get my files. The secret dies with me.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While I don't think we have, I also don't think the info would just be sitting there on the server.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But the Air Force is the branch that's been talking about them? It's not like they have one big ole 'government secrets' database with google installed.

Oct 17, 2018
It doesn't seem like something that would just be accessible via the CIA server though. Almost certainly would have already leaked if that was the case.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If there was Space aliens Trump would have fear mongered it to the point where we would have N7 space Marines created to protect America and used it as a election talking point.
6adcabf24b3a8037ab9beca6c584314c.gif

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Once upon a time I believed this crap but not anymore. Before you would see sightings on tv and explain away the shitty quality by saying that not everyone has a good camera handy. Well for a long time now literally everyone has amazing cameras on them all the time and we still haven't seen shit. I'm sure there is probably life somewhere else but they've never been here.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
This just proves that Snowden's whole schtick was part of an elaborate conspiracy to position him as a credible whistleblower so that he could write this book and thus sow doubt on the existence of extraterrestrials

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I mean, I tend to believe him even if I question his motives and allegiances, but I don't think he would have access to that kind of info. It would be akin to him having access to nuclear launch codes and other info of the highest magnitude. As far as I'm aware he was just a contractor, not some high level hacker in the highest positions of power.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem like something that would just be accessible via the CIA server though. Almost certainly would have already leaked if that was the case.

All networks can be breached. Info like this would be kept in a physical secure location, offline, to make breaking in nonviable. The only way in would be to compromise the people that have access to such files, but they would be among the most scrutinized in the entire government.

Snowden knows this so this is just a PR stunt which casts him in a less flattering light IMO

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if true, no way that kind of information would be in a searchable database.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So he's also involved in the coverup?!? /s

The most likely scenario is the US has no real evidence of aliens. We've only ever been (meaning stepped foot on or had video equipment on) one planet, Mars, as well as the moon. So unless we found skeletal remains on a desolate Mars, our only chance of having any evidence of aliens is having a race of aliens who are highly evolved and with far more advanced technology then what we currently have. And if such highly advanced aliens made their way to earth, we would either all be dead or under their control.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
People thinking such info would not be on the web, wrong! They are here, some are even on this site... maybe even... in this very thread!!!

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Yeah, believing that he was just leisurely browsing CIA servers is ridiculous. Aside from compartmentalization, I'm sure it would be flagged pretty quickly if certain things are accessed.

I don't buy it for a second. Not saying aliens are here