• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Christ, please stop quoting that one sarcastic post.

Any updated news on this situation?

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how tight of a leash China has on North Korea, but if I'm Xi Jinping, I would do absolutely everything possible to make sure that the country is led by someone who can keep the status quo. NK is too good of a buffer state for China to lose.

Also, even if a "moral" leader gains control, I don't see how they can run the country in a more humane way, even if they tried. Too many internal power struggles, everyone will be panicked and suspicious of each other. Will be very interesting (and terrifying) to see how things play out the next several week if Un truly is dead.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Saddam was a piece of shit too, but removing him just caused Iraq to destabilize into complete anarchy.
Iraq wasn't a totalitarian state that controlled everyone's lives down to the haircut they're allowed to get. Plus, Iraq had long-suppressed religious fanaticism that suddenly boiled up in that vacuum, not to mention the caches of vehicles and weaponry the US left behind that militias formed around.

There will be a major power struggle in North Korea if Kim dies, but it won't be widespread anarchy, as the citizens will be caught like a deer in the headlights by the situation. It'll mostly be high-ranking officials raiding government offices and offing each other.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Iraq wasn't a totalitarian state that controlled everyone's lives down to the haircut they're allowed to get. Plus, Iraq had long-suppressed religious fanaticism that suddenly boiled up in that vacuum, not to mention the caches of vehicles and weaponry the US left behind that militias formed around.

There will be a major power struggle in North Korea if Kim dies, but it won't be widespread anarchy, as the citizens will be caught like a deer in the headlights by the situation. It'll mostly be high-ranking officials raiding government offices and offing each other.

Yeah, it will be similar to what happened when Stalin died. Jostling, plotting and backstabbing within the politburo but for the average person nothing will change that quickly.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Defending an oppressive dictatorship, conspiracy theories. Previous ban for historical revisionism and advocating violence
Think of Kim's family.

Not the uncle he blew apart with an AA gun

Or the brother he had assassinated.

The others.

This board is so fucking steeped in propaganda. "He killed ___________!" Only for them to turn up alive and well days later, but I guess y'all are too busy being mad that a country won't sell out to western powers.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This board is so fucking steeped in propaganda. "He killed ___________!" Only for them to turn up alive and well days later, but I guess y'all are too busy being mad that a country won't sell out to western powers.

tenor.gif

Rover

Oct 25, 2017

This is the hill you want to be executed by anti-aircraft guns on?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not once in the 30 seconds it took for you to type this did you stop and think, "hey wait, am I a dipshit?"

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
North Korea stanning. Whew

www.theguardian.com

Why do North Korean defector testimonies so often fall apart?

Cash incentives and the western media’s endless appetite for shocking stories encourage refugees to exaggerate, Jiyoung Song argues

www.cnn.com

North Korean general, reported executed, turns up at party congress

North Korean military leader Ri Yong-gil, believed executed, seems to be alive and still a part of the secretive nation's ruling party after all.

www.cnn.com

'Executed' North Korean diplomat is alive, sources say

The North Korean diplomat who South Korea's largest newspaper said had been executed by firing squad is alive and in state custody, according to several sources familiar with the situation.

www.liberationnews.org

My trip to North Korea: 13 misconceptions corrected

Caption: I had the unique opportunity to spend several days in three different parts of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, more commonly just referred to as “North” Korea. This was an exceptionally life-changing experience that challenged many of the pre-conceptions that myself and...

https://www./news/article-2638213/T...hocked-seemingly-ordinary-lives-citizens.html

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Man I've been waitin' for this chode to move on. Is he gone yet?

Really absolutely 0 sympathy for the dude who kills entire families for petty crimes and threatens nuclear warfare.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Hitler made beautiful art, loved dogs, and was a great companion to Eva!

He was demonized by America ya'll!

/s

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Cash incentives and the western media’s endless appetite for shocking stories encourage refugees to exaggerate, Jiyoung Song argues

www.cnn.com

North Korean military leader Ri Yong-gil, believed executed, seems to be alive and still a part of the secretive nation's ruling party after all.

www.cnn.com

The North Korean diplomat who South Korea's largest newspaper said had been executed by firing squad is alive and in state custody, according to several sources familiar with the situation.

www.liberationnews.org

Caption: I had the unique opportunity to spend several days in three different parts of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, more commonly just referred to as “North” Korea. This was an exceptionally life-changing experience that challenged many of the pre-conceptions that myself and...

A blocked site, ROFLMFAO

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Not once does anyone on this board say "What if I'm the one being lied to?"

Oh yes, decades of conflict, news reports, interviews with refugees, and books written on the topic did a great job of maintaining the conspiracy against North Korea, but Jeff6851 finally figured it out

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Y'all really be out here hurtin my head real bad sometimes.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I'd reply but I am pretty sure your shit is getting wiped. Try to read more and develop a more nuanced understanding of politics than "western powers bad"

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
of all things to catch a ban for.

Anyway.

I'd assume china will expand farming operations if true?

Or his sister gets the haircut/suit?

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I know K-pop stanning can be confusing at times but jesus fucking christ at least stan the right one

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

All these Kim family members aren't really dead, I saw them move on the TV! Corpses cannot move as proven by science.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.theguardian.com

www.cnn.com

www.cnn.com

www.liberationnews.org

So the credible articles question the actions of South Korea, are you willing to state that South Korea has Ill will to North Korea?