• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
last few answers were not the best. he could have easily said something "We're in the middle of a pandemic and people are losing jobs and are angry...of course there is more violence" or something like that

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
He will never win anything on an ACAB platform. Get realistic, guys.
I just wish he would have mentioned how there is a systemic racial bias which needs to be exhumed completely along with stronger disciplinary rules for police, like no qualified immunity, no paid administration leave unless reviewed, something more than what he said.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Joe always comes off as comforting and empathetic, as well as genuinely - at least for the most part. That's his strength. While I think sometimes his communication is lacking - he starts a clause or thought, says a little about it to show his knowledge- then says "anyway" or "im getting on a tangent" but it seems a bit contrived. That's my only knock on him.

It's not just this town hall - it's many of his interactions.

Other than that, it's good to see someone who tries to connect and empathizes with the people, and it was really encouraging to hear that he's in constant contact with advisors.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I just wish he would have mentioned how there is a systemic racial bias which needs to be exhumed completely along with stronger disciplinary rules for police, like no qualified immunity, no paid administration leave unless reviewed, something more than what he said.
I just hope somehtign happens with him. Of corse you dont say ACAB but we need new language. I really do wish Demilitarize the police would catch on.

Oct 25, 2017
He at least has stated before that there is "absolutely" a systematic racism problem in law enforcement.

Oct 26, 2017

I think Joe will be fine in the debates.

He wasn't out of practice, but he was both the guy everyone was trying to take down and much more moderate compared to his biggest competition. It's very hard to defend your position against other people who are asking for more. I think he's going to do fine against Trump, where Biden can finally play the role of the Democrat against a god awful Republican.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I personally know people who won't vote for Biden because he won't say all cops are bastards and it's maddening.

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope somehtign happens with him. Of corse you dont say ACAB but we need new language. I really do wish Demilitarize the police would catch on.

I think it needs to be more declarative about the issues

"We Are Not Your Enemy" or something to reframe the debate around the lack of trust and fear that exists

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I like the line about how he has his own deal. Not gonna let AOC's nonsense get hung around his neck

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This is about as convincing a video to vote for Biden as I've ever seen.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Those people are bastards. Because they might not commit terrible acts themselves, but they're certainly helping those who are. Evil succeeds when good people do nothing.
It's making the perfect the enemy of the good, which is the biggest issue I have with that sect of the left.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I like the line about how he has his own deal. Not gonna let AOC's nonsense get hung around his neck
giphy.gif

Just because humans are too greedy to get shit done doesn't mean it is nonsense.

BetterOffEd

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah it's the language that's the problem.

'ACAB' is completely out of touch because it's an absolute. You are alienating not only every cop, but also everyone who has friend / family that is a cop. And even though the system is broken it's asinine to think none of these people join with ideals and aspirations to make things better.

'Defund the police' just makes it seem like the world is going to be open to more crime. It doesn't say anything about where that funding is going to go and how it will make the policing less necessary. The focus is on hurting police rather than helping society

These slogans are so bad it's almost like the opposition made them for us

Why doesn't 'Police the police' get any traction? That is the actual issue at hand, that police are treated as above the law
And if you focus on that fact, I think you won't find much support for allowing police to be above the law

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I know fully that "ACAB" wont help him, but the answer just didn't sit right with me. Gonna win over centrist's though.

And cops, and cops families, and everyone that knows a cop...

Seriously, anyone that says all cops are bastards instantly loses any election and any political career. It's not realistic,.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's the language that's the problem.

'ACAB' is completely out of touch because it's an absolute. You are alienating not only every cop, but also everyone who has friend / family that is a cop. And even though the system is broken it's asinine to think none of these people join with ideals and aspirations to make things better.

'Defund the police' just makes it seem like the world is going to be open to more crime. It doesn't say anything about where that funding is going to go and how it will make the policing less necessary. The focus is on hurting police rather than helping society

These slogans are so bad it's almost like the opposition made them for us

Why doesn't 'Police the police' get any traction? That is the actual issue at hand, that police are treated as above the law
And if you focus on that fact, I think you won't find much support for allowing police to be above the law
I like this one a lot, for something that politicians can rally behind. Harris and Warren both tried some "restructuring public safety" for a bit, but it came off clumsy and wordy, even though it captured the heart of ACAB. I wish you slogan would catch on, but I know even the word "police" is toxic to some people.