• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
I just wonder if it is kinda forcing most bigger business to step up and mandate it themselves. The work and paperwork involved in keeping records (not to mention the PTO given to people being tested and the OSHA fines when someone isn't in compliance) will be a significant cost I would think

Yeah, this may be what they are counting on. The logistics/cost of weekly testing and tracing will likely become a huge pain, so maybe more businesses will just say fuck it and full on mandate it.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they use OSHA to require masks in schools next. It is easy to prove that not requiring children to wear masks at school is creating a work place hazard for the teachers.

Superman00

Jan 9, 2018
Come on, it's mildly uncomfortable, but it's not that bad, and I've had to do it several times.

Anyway, companies will very likely only be using the rapid test with the short nose swap that isn't uncomfortable at all, so not sure if that will dissuade anyone.

They would have to keep records of testing for everyone for every week. For small companies it's not a big issues. But for large corporations, it's a huge headache on top of huge potential fines.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, it's mildly uncomfortable, but it's not that bad, and I've had to do it several times.

Anyway, companies will very likely only be using the rapid test with the short nose swap that isn't uncomfortable at all, so not sure if that will dissuade anyone.

Maybe it's related to my sinus problems, but my experience was awful. Like, I'll get tested if I have to of course, but I absolutely don't want to go through that again.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good stuff, still oddly strange for a government to be that heavy handed but if too many people are going to be morons and endanger people, extending the crisis, obviously hurting the economy to boot, the hammer is going to come down.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all my company has ever done was ask us on a little survey document if we were vaccinated. Wonder if that's gonna change. We definitely have more than 100 employees.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
antivaxxers will scream and cry but in their company's eyes the ones who don't comply are all expendable and replaceable. What a fucking power move. Nice work.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying that this should be mandatory for months. It's the best way to get more people vaccinated.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No more fucking around. Hitting it through businesses is the way to go. These antivaxxers will see just how little companies actually care about them and are willing to part with people who don't want to get vaccinated. Also the PTO to get vaccinated is HUGE. Glad to see that included.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
"Employers are required to give employees paid time off to get vaccinated".

That is a great step.

Aug 12, 2019
Is it unconstitutional to mandate vaccines like this?

I mean, the current conservative Supreme Court can definitely curtail the powers of the Labor Department and Presidency if they think they're over-reaching and with the recent Texas Abortion Case, it shows they'll put fairly little effort into a closed door ruling and then that'll be that.

OP
OP
Slash

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
41b1eb948e68a4ddd0cefca45e2f408a.png

And it begins!

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
So, is it a BUSINESS with >100 employees, or LOCATIONS with >100 employees.

There aren't >100 employees at a random McDonald's location, but obviously more than 100 work for "McDonald's."

Is this a loophole? "We have more than 100 employees across our brand, but less in individual locations, so we're exempt."

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, I dreaded it every time I got one. Maybe you got some big nostrils, but I must not

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017

Yup, it's nothing.

Throat swab on the other hand... that's gagtastic.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
how many people are going to quit their jobs to try to find a small business to work for?