• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
How is this going to be enforced is my question?

I think my job is under 100 employees and most are vaxxed but I would love to see the remaining who aren't get vaxxed.
From the WaPo article:

Businesses that ignore the policy, once it's in place, could trigger penalties of up to $14,000 per violation, according to a senior Biden administration official, who briefed reporters on the plan ahead of the president's speech under the condition that his name would not be used.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
It's the only way.

Said it before but the only way the rest will get vaccinated is if they forced to by their employer.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Gimme dat sweet whistle blower site Biden

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder what happens if a company as 100+ employees, but they are spread out in different locations(as in totally different buildings in different towns) and each building only has 20 people working in them.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. He should have done this months ago.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
What a moron.
Vaccinating people is government's responsibility, don't fucking shift it on business.

I am mad, and I am not even american.
Worst take I've seen on this site in a long time.

The government telling big business to enforce vaccinations is literally the government doing something about their responsibility?????????

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Then mind your own business. This is a good thing for the entire world.
It's somewhat my business as well, because other countries might copy it.
Though in my country they actually came up with a similar (yet not quite strict) policy months ago already.

This is a terrible take.
Businesses don't really have means of forcing people to get vaccinated. Except for firing people, I guess. I don't know how easy it is to legally fire someone who doesn't want to get vaccinated in the US.
And then I also don't believe that unvaccinated people should have no right to work for big companies, tbh.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
What a moron.
Vaccinating people is government's responsibility, don't fucking shift it on business.

I don't even know where to start.

An actual personal vaccine mandate from the government would be struck down by the Supreme Court in seconds. This is absolutely the best way to ensure that millions of people quit fucking around and get vaccinated.

Based on your later posts here you seem unfamiliar with some of our regulations, but yes, it is stupid easy for businesses to fire people in America for anything you can think of, and that includes vaccination requirements.

The vaccines have been made free to all Americans regardless of income status because of this government. Biden's government has done its part, now it's time for businesses to do theirs.

Last edited:

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
What a moron.

What does that look like?

Part of this stems from federal government's limits on what it can actually do vs state governments, re mask mandates and lockdown procedures. There are some levers the federal government doesn't have access to.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's somewhat my business as well, because other countries might copy it.
Though in my country they actually came up with a similar (yet not quite strict) policy months ago already.

Businesses don't really have means of forcing people to get vaccinated. Except for firing people, I guess. I don't know how easy it is to legally fire someone who doesn't want to get vaccinated in the US.
And then I also don't believe that unvaccinated people should have no right to work for big companies, tbh.
In nearly every state you can fire people for literally any reason except race, religion or gender

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh yeah they do. They can not staff the employee, put them on unpaid leave, or fire them
And it's very easy to fire someone if it's not for a protected reason (race, religion, sex IIRC)

Grym

Oct 27, 2017

Come to the US where "Right to Work" laws mean you can be fired for no reason whatso-fucking-ever. Being unvaccinated is at least a reason which is a higher bar than is currently there in many states.

Oct 25, 2017
done coddling fools
nice
this one will be hard to make stick though
I don't see how it's going to work in reality, there are just too many people that won't get vaccinated and they can't all be fired
I already expect my company to completely disregard and falsify records
I doubt there will be enough oversight and manpower to enforce
although....👇
Can they set up a whistleblower site lmao

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
What a moron.

Public health is absolutely a business responsibility,. You can't just dump pollutants in the water, you can just allow viruses to run rampant, there has always been a public responsibility to a business.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
done coddling fools
nice
this one will be hard to make stick though

I already expect my company to completely disregard and falsify records
I doubt there will be enough oversight and manpower to enforce
although....👇
$10,000 bounty for employees that report employers breaking this law.

Fixed. Thanks Texas!

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
It's called "Performance Evaluations", and you only find out about it when you're terminated.

Yes, it's a thing. Yes, it's legal. And even worse for at-will states, that are usually Republican.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh yeah they do. They can not staff the employee, put them on unpaid leave, or fire them
And it's very easy to fire someone if it's not for a protected reason (race, religion, sex IIRC)

I also imagine that a lot of businesses would be more than happy for an excuse to fire an anti-vaxxer as they are generally garbage asshole people and all their co-workers probably hate them.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Is this 100+ employees for the company as a whole or is it just for 100+ employees for the building you work in?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel like this would be easier to enforce than people think. Like, Walmart, Apple, Disney, Amazon, Best Buy, McDonalds, etc aren't gonna want to deal with issues from it. They'll enforce it and just by virtue of that large swaths will be vaccinated. It's good for business.

It's probably bad for business if you're publicly known as a place where people aren't vaccinated.