• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I think the opposite. People went so hard on Biden that it became a self-own and it started to seem like they were crititizing Obama. The most no fly-zone area of attacks against him was his time as VP, because, honestly, it really is a direct criticism of Obama since the VP can't really do shit and several of the candidates went there.
Not really. Biden had already recovered before the debate. Harris was already dropping.

Also Booker was effective in his criticism that Biden can't have it both ways and keep claiming Obama success as his own but take no responsibility for anything negative.

I mean Biden refers to those eight years regularly as the "Obama-Biden Administration" lol

The only meaningful movement in the last few months has been Warren rising.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
This may be a shock to you, but ERA is about as unrepresentative of average people as you can possibly get. Outside of ERA, Biden is loved.

According to RCP his fav/unfav has declined heavily since last year. Same thing happened to Hillary after she announced in 2015.

Kind of funny how an announcement tanks it approvals

Deleted member 39450

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
Harris was always on borrowed time anyway... clearly her rules apply to everyone but herself. Let's hope she comes back with something genuine and dispenses with the cheap shots.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see where people go once some start dropping out. I'd like to think everyone who isn't already for Biden would go to someone else.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This may be a shock to you, but ERA is about as unrepresentative of average people as you can possibly get, when it comes to politics. Outside of ERA, Biden is loved.
Most don't really love Biden. They just love the idea of winning and think an old white dude will flip enough midwestern racists to ensure that.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
imagine anyone ever wanting to support Kamala Harris after Black Lives Matter

should tell you enough how much some liberals or democrats don't care about black lives

Biden's (just like HIlary) is popular with older black voters so I don't think the issue's so simple...

This may be a shock to you, but ERA is about as unrepresentative of average people as you can possibly get, when it comes to politics. Outside of ERA, Biden is loved.

This is utterly nonsense? Biden appeals to clueless old fucks, the Democrats need to motivate younger voters to come out and vote if they want to win in a meaningful way and that's not going to happen under Joe. He doesn't even have the liberal white feminist angle Hillary had.

Deleted member 9972

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Biden is not a lock. He's not even leading in the betting markets. Warren is, largely due to the fact that if you poll first and second choice she's leading or tied with Biden. The fact of the matter is there's still a long way before Iowa and the standings are going to start shifting as candidates drop out. Biden may be leading the polls right now but it's way too far out to say anyone has this definitively wrapped up. Don't do this with every poll please.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
huh? most people don't love biden at all. he's at 29% lol. and a lot of that is just off name recognition. once the secondary candidates start dropping and more debates occur sanders/warren will shoot up.

Warren can't beat Trump

lol no. there was a poll just this week where she easily beat trump. stick to deepthroating the liberals pls. your knowledge of us politics is laaaaacking

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
All I can say Thank Odin that Cali is on Super Tuesday , the nonsense can end early and decidedly

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Warren is the president the US needs. Why are people supporting white man No44 smh

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
This is utterly nonsense? Biden appeals to clueless old fucks, the Democrats need to motivate younger voters to come out and vote if they want to win in a meaningful way and that's not going to happen under Joe. He doesn't even have the liberal white feminist angle Hillary had.
RIght, he's only popular with clueless old fucks... That must be why he is completely dominating the field, and the overwhelming majority of the black vote.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking in as a casual non-American observer, I kinda wish either Sanders or Warren gave up and asked their base to vote for the other candidate instead. Personally, Sanders is more appealing, but it might just be because I don't know much about Warren. They'll both be fine I'm sure.

You guys - and, sadly, because of your country's international power, we all - need someone who's actually on the left for once. And I don't just mean that in the sense that America is in shambles, but that Trump's extreme populism won't be outmatched by Biden's brand of milquetoast democrat centrism. Outrageous populism needs to be countered by - what the US perceives as - outrageous progressivism. From where I stand, a guy like Biden can never hope to win against Trump, and even if he does, you're in for 4 years of status quo before the next populist loony shows up.

Deleted member 39450

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
Feel like I missed something. What was the slaying she got?

She dodged questions by Biden & Gabbard in the second debate and afterwards dodged Gabbard's accusation again in an interview...choosing instead to attack Gabbard's relationship with a war criminal.

Her former career as a prosecutor is going to hurt her, and I think not getting out in front of it is a bad move.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Oct 26, 2017
UK
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory generalizations surrounding race
Warren can't beat Trump

The idea that Biden appeals to the Mid West when his message is "Let's go back to the Obama times, which were great for you guys!" is kinda nuts. He's probably one of the candidates least likely to win against Trump. Heck, Warren will benefits from every positive Hilldog had, will appeal more to the white working class, and has a message going against big money elite interests which was a huge part of Trumps popularity (even though it was clearly a facade)

RIght, he's only popular with clueless old fucks... That must be why he is completely dominating the field, and has almost 100% of the black vote.

The black vote is heavily split between generations? Biden loses a bunch of popularity the younger voters get. Also if you're a black person voting for the most blatantly racist of the candidates who has a policy set that is the least beneficial to poor black communities I'm going to be controversial here and say that it's not unfair to put you in the bracket of clueless voters.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really can't see a Biden/Warren ticket, considering their history.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It not seeing Biden winning the primary and then winning the general? I'd buy it.

Yup, that's a totally accurate summary of what happened at the old place. I'm sure the people who were so sure Hillary couldn't ever lose last year aren't the same people who think Biden has this in the bag this time around.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Did he have this kind of lead over the field? People keep bringing up examples to show Biden can fall, but the comparison is never actually accurate.
Quinnipiac University - Aug7–13, 2007
Hillary Clinton 36%, Barack Obama 21%, Al Gore 15%, John Edwards 9%, Bill Richardson 3%, Joe Biden 2%, Dennis Kucinich 1%, Chris Dodd 0%, Mike Gravel 0%, Other/Don't know 11%