• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
lecia Kitts was in the stands watching her son's football game in Logan, Ohio, on Wednesday when police say a school resource officer asked her to wear a mask. She refused, saying she had asthma. Logan police said Officer Chris Smith told her that if she didn't put her mask on, she would be asked to leave.

"After several attempts to get her to leave, Officer Smith advised her she was under arrest for criminal trespassing and asked her to place her hands behind her back multiple times and she refused."
Video from the incident shows Kitts shouting, "Get off of me! You're not arresting me for nothing. I ain't doing nothing wrong! What the f--- is wrong with you, people?"

"Officer Smith advised her to comply or he would deploy his Taser if she did not quit resisting. She continued to resist, and Officer Smith placed his Taser on her shoulder area and drive stunned her once," police said.

Wear a mask! ACAB!

www.cnn.com

Ohio woman tased after she refused to leave a middle school football game for not wearing a mask | CNN

An Ohio woman was tased and arrested for refusing to leave a middle school football game after police say she refused multiple requests to comply with school policy to wear a mask while watching the game.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Endangering the lives of others while in a pandemic is not only incredibly selfish and ignorant, but shows blatant lack of empathy.

I think Police are also guilty of excessive force, as such I have to wonder if there was a better way to handle it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cops vs Anti-maskers

giphy.gif

Right move here. People are so fucking selfish

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I thought these people backed the blue and whatnot. Shouldn't she have been cheering the resource officer on as he drew his taser?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this the other night on the news, the news person is like "so are we arresting people now for not wearing masks?" and someone replied "no, she was asked to leave numerous times. They're arresting her for trespassing." Brilliant response.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I saw this the other night on the news, the news person is like "so are we arresting people now for not wearing masks?" and someone replied "no, she was asked to leave numerous times. They're arresting her for trespassing." Brilliant response.

That's what they arrested her for. Accurately reporting the details of the arrest given by the police department is a low bar for brilliant.

She's white and the cop is black

Lol, I thought the same thing. Reading the thread I was thinking it must be odd for an anti-masker idiot to get a taste of unfair treatment by the police... but then realized after watching the video that's she's probably convinced a white officer would have handled it differently. I'm fully expecting Tucker Carlson and the rest of the mainstream fascists to spin this as "Black cop terrorized community for his own pleasure!"

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Good call, a tazer is non lethal so this is great. Anyone refusing to comply with officer instructions while endangering the lives of others shoudl be tazed (no gun required and the suspect endangering others is safely subdued)

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Ah... Logan. For anyone not from the area, it's a pretty poor and white trash area.
But there's a nice lake where we used to go swimming in the summers.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i can just imagine her saying nonchalantly out of the corner of her mouth

"nah ive got asthma"

thinking thats some kind of gotcha

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Just obey the pig's commands and you won't get hurt!

Maybe a taser is too far, but did you watch the clip? It's not her property, she wasn't complying with the school's rules, and the last resort is you remove the individual from the premises. It's a last resort and maybe it could have gone down better (hard to say given footage starts in the middle), but it's kinda on her dumb ass.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We have a lot of armpits in Ohio and Logan is one of them. It's practically a dead town in one of the most hick filled counties.

Edit: there have been a lot of protests in this part of Ohio. The WhiteLives Matter antimask type protests so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Ah... Logan. For anyone not from the area, it's a pretty poor and white trash area.
But there's a nice lake where we used to go swimming in the summers.

Lake Logan! Good memories there.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
imagine the son running in a touchdown looking up into the stands for his mother's approval and sees her being wrestled down by the cops

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asthma my ass, what a lame duck excuse I'm sorry. My mother has fucking COPD and wears a mask for 8 hours a day at her job.

Bunch of whiney fucks.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I'm fine with this. They asked her multiple times to wear a mask. She refused. They asked her multiple times to leave if she wouldn't wear a mask. She refused.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a taser is too far, but did you watch the clip? It's not her property, she wasn't complying with the school's rules, and the last resort is you remove the individual from the premises. It's a last resort and maybe it could have gone down better (hard to say given footage starts in the middle), but it's kinda on her dumb ass.

I was being facetious.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Her attorney sounds dumb. It's private property. If you're told to leave and don't, you're criminally trespassing.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Delicious. I bet shes even one of those "back the blue" types to. I wonder how she'll reconcile this injustice done to her by one of her superheroes?

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Ridiculous that people are defending tasing her. It's still an excessive use of force even if it's against people you don't like. Hundreds of people in the US have been killed by tasers in the past few years, and tons more have been had serious long term health problems.

Good call, a tazer is non lethal so this is great. Anyone refusing to comply with officer instructions while endangering the lives of others shoudl be tazed (no gun required and the suspect endangering others is safely subdued)
Tasers aren't nonlethal, they are just less lethal than shooting someone.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous that people are defending tasing her. It's still an excessive use of force even if it's against people you don't like. Hundreds of people in the US have been killed by tasers in the past few years, and tons more have been had serious long term health problems.

Tasers aren't nonlethal, they are just less lethal than shooting someone.

Ok, so what should have happened? Should she have just been allowed to trespass in violation of the mask mandate? Thereby endangering others?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
This is the quandary posed with mask mandates, for how you fight people determined to endanger others but do so in a way that does not exalt our culture of police brutality.

I wonder if some sort of system similar to that "Sunoco sticker on your car for free gas" would work. Send a social worker around who'll give anyone with a mask a code that they can redeem online for $20.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
It was yesterday or Thursday that folks were sending threats to the local school district and are also telephone harassing the police department.