• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Plantable Christmas Trees are still a thing right?

Potted_Xmas_Trees.jpg

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I live in the state that claims to be the world's largest exporter of Christmas trees, so the thought of having a fake tree or no tree at all is appalling. A real tree is like 10 bucks here, maybe 20 if you go to a tree farm.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think the vast majority of them that are just thrown out with garbage around here are getting that treatment, lol.

That's true, but even then it's much better to throw out something biodegradable than to throw out even more plastic.

Even if you keep reusing it, manufacturing plastic trees produces a lot of waste.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Millenials trying to recreate what they've been taught Christmas should be instead of that thing where their parents yelled at each other because they were caught in a loveless marriage and never actually wanted kids.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Def thought this article was going to be about saving them for years

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
But isn't this leading to more trees being cut down as well as plastic trees being produced?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the vast majority of them that are just thrown out with garbage around here are getting that treatment, lol.

yeah I mean I plan for this artificial tree to last a decade or more. If someone can show me that 10 years of real trees is worse than a single artificial tree I'll return it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Millennial here. Been using the same fake Christmas tree for the last 9 years and I'll never go back to natural unless my kid specifically asks. Having to Deal with the mess is a non-starter for me.

Only needing 10 minutes to setup/take down is a bonus.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
As a millenial, I have a lot of fond memories of Christmas trees. When I was a kid, my family got one every year. The smell of the tree is nostalgic.

Things are different now. Less space in the house, so nowhere to put the tree. We haven't had a tree in a long time, but even my mother wishes we could have one.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
the guy we buy trees from every year says he had to quit growing them due to the changing climate.