• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Nothing surprises me anymore. Looks like Michael Cohen will be a free man:

(CNN)The federal Bureau of Prisons has notified Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, that he will be released early from prison due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to people familiar with the matter and his lawyer.

The full article:

www.cnn.com

Michael Cohen will be released from prison due to pandemic | CNN Politics

The federal Bureau of Prisons has notified Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, that he will be released early from prison due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to people familiar with the matter and his lawyer.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he will voice over an anti-Trump 2020 advertisement.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh yes him, the days when you thought him getting arrested would bring Trump down.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is great since his motion for release was basically just a litany of all the ways Trump has fucked this up.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
"He will be allowed to serve the remainder of his sentence from home confinement."

uuuuh. What? How about just put him back in when this is over...

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
aHlnin5.jpg

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Home confinement sounds a lot like the quarantine stuff all of us have been doing for the last month already. Just in a bigger house.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I had forgotten that the president was an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal conspiracy to buy his mistress's silence.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with releasing him from prison, but it should just be a "pause" in his sentence. Or, he can turn down the offer and serve his sentence fully.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Cohen is a massive bellend, but really any non-violent offender should be released and placed under probation, house arrest, whatever. Probably don't let him have a cell phone or computer though. Give him a monitored landline and plenty of books to read.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what about the millions of other prisoners?
The article goes into why they release prisoners:

"His pending release comes as the Bureau of Prisons, which has been under pressure for its early handling of the virus at its facilities, has been thinning out its prison populations by releasing some nonviolent and medically vulnerable inmates to home confinement or furloughing their sentences in response to the pandemic."

This is clearly the right call no matter how bloodthirsty Era is