• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Wait, Manhattan is a real city? I always thought it was a fictional one for some reason
bro?
giphy.gif

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Considering Kushner owns a fuckton of buildings in addition to having free access to Trump's buildings, they have nothing to worry about. Heck, his company bought the famous Watchtower building that used grace the Brooklyn skyline. Rich people travel incognito and go to fancy parties/galas here. If they take the subway or go to a park and get recognized? Different story.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Only real part of New York is the Bronx, and I live in 'Brooklyn'.

Every day I wake up in a trailer, scarf down a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from the bodega on my way to the soundstage that's been set up for the tourists. I am stationed outside of Barclay's, staring at my phone, or angrily walking back and forth in front of Shake shack

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Remember when people were optimistically saying that Jared and Ivanka would be a moderating influence on her father? Ha!

Someone was talking in here about their "liberal friends in New York" a while back. How do they still have any liberal friends?

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
They'll gradually worm their way back into high society. Kushner alone is so filthy rich that he can continue to buy respectability.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
They won't be there long before SDNY files charges.

Jared has been selling state secrets over WhatsApp for sure.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think Trump was ever welcomed in old money NYC. Thats were all his frustration and anti establishment shit comes from

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think Trump was ever welcomed in old money NYC. Thats were all his frustration and anti establishment shit comes from
Exactly, now more than ever, the Trumps are bad optics to any old money person, they might even become more of a pariah in those circles, which is the only circle he has ever actually cared about joining.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Trump got stomped the hardest in the richest borough of NYC. Even more so than The Bronx.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Only real part of New York is the Bronx, and I live in 'Brooklyn'.

Every day I wake up in a trailer, scarf down a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from the bodega on my way to the soundstage that's been set up for the tourists. I am stationed outside of Barclay's, staring at my phone, or angrily walking back and forth in front of Shake shack

I'm from Canarsie and left Brooklyn to return to Florida. This had me giggling so hard. I'm buying drinks if I ever see you in downtown Brooklyn.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I have zero expectations that either are going to face any sort of long-term repercussions in the elite socialite circles both of these assholes run in.

Oct 25, 2017
This is 100% wrong. There is a divide between new money and old money. In the US, old money refers to people that have had money for longer than the Trumps and they have been trying to be in that club for a while.

Old money is all about appearances, and the Trump family just fucks that up if they get close to him as old money still needs to have "class" which because of the presidency they have even less of than before (he was just considered very tacky previously). Im not saying all rich people are gona shun them or whatever, but the ones they are looking to have validation from definetely will, in good numbers.

Nah it definitely isn't wrong. If you think the Uber wealthy are going to reject them in any meaningful capacity then idk what to tell you. Plus you're ignoring the fact that most of the "old money" people you're referring too are republicans themselves. The idea that old money families are liberals who hate Trump is laughable.

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it definitely isn't wrong. If you think the Uber wealthy are going to reject them in any meaningful capacity then idk what to tell you. Plus you're ignoring the fact that most of the "old money" people you're referring too are republicans themselves. The idea that old money families are liberals who hate Trump is laughable.

Are you just not aware that Trump himself has been trying to get into that club before even his presidency but has not been let in?
Its not that old money are going to reject him, they have done so already for years, they are just gona do it harder now
Also, it doesnt matter what party old money is, old money care wayyy too much about optics and being low key, Trump just scores bad on both points, being his friend has no benefits either socially or monetarilly either.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you just not aware that Trump himself has been trying to get into that club before even his presidency but has not been let in?
Its not that old money are going to reject him, they have done so already for years, they are just gona do it harder now
Also, it doesnt matter what party old money is, old money care wayyy too much about optics and being low key, Trump just scores bad on both points, being his friend has no benefits either socially or monetarilly either.

Like you said it's all about optics, even if they publicly disavowed Trump they still probably voted for him. And this article and my post are about how their life will change because of his presidency i.e. them not being welcomed back in circles they were already in prior to him becoming president. You saying they were being rejected by certain fragments of the community before he was elected is completely irrelevant.

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
Like you said it's all about optics, even if they publicly disavowed Trump they still probably voted for him. And this article and my post are about how their life will change because of his presidency i.e. them not being welcomed back in circles they were already in prior to him becoming president. You saying they were being rejected by certain fragments of the community before he was elected is completely irrelevant.

The way their life will change is that now the extended family will be scorned as well. Ivanka was looked as the wonderchild of the family of a gaudy incompetent bussinessman before the presidency, now that its over the whole family is complicit in the bad optics and so high society as a whole will trend towards avoiding them in social settings or when offered to do bussiness with them.

Also i think you are really overestimating how much rich people in cities vote for republicans, Michael Bloomberg and Tom Steyer ran as Democrats.
Democrats are the party of socially liberal but fiscally conservative rich people since forever

Last edited: