• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/05/us/james-brown-death-questions/index.html
At least 13 people who knew James Brown have said they want an autopsy or a criminal investigation of his death, according to a new CNN investigative series.

These skeptics include Dr. Marvin Crawford, who signed Brown's death certificate at an Atlanta hospital in 2006. In an exclusive interview with CNN, Crawford said he never believed that Brown died of natural causes.
"He changed too fast," Crawford said. "He was a patient I would never have predicted would have coded. ... But he died that night, and I did raise that question: What went wrong in that room?"

Officially, the Godfather of Soul died of a heart attack and fluid in the lungs at age 73 in the early hours of Christmas Day 2006. Twelve years later, his manager, his widow, his son, and several friends and associates all tell CNN there are serious questions about Brown's death that can only be answered by forensic investigators.
Based on interviews with nearly 140 people, the three-part series also examines the 1996 death of Adrienne Brown, James Brown's third wife. Although authorities in California found no sign of foul play when Adrienne Brown died while recovering from plastic surgery, a friend always believed she was murdered.
The police did not open a criminal investigation when James Brown died in 2006. But his friend Andre White and others have alleged that Brown was murdered.

In the hours after Brown's death, Dr. Crawford says he recommended an autopsy. But Brown's daughter Yamma Brown declined the autopsy. When questioned about that decision by CNN, she did not offer an explanation.
The CNN investigation began in 2017, after a circus singer named Jacque Hollander called a reporter to say she had information about Brown's death. She had worked with Brown as a songwriter in the 1980s and later alleged that he raped her.

After that incident in 1988, for which Brown was never prosecuted, Hollander began saving evidence relating to him and his associates. She collected numerous boxes of documents and tapes in the course of three decades. CNN examined Hollander's collection and also found independent corroboration for many of her claims.
X3IWMML.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
James Brown was the greatest performer of all time.

Thanks OP. Going to read this now.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So the implication is he's a rapist and someone murdered him in revenge for that potentially?

OP
OP
Squarehard

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So the implication is he's a rapist and someone murdered him in revenge for that potentially?
The alleged victim is the one who started this thing, so that's highly doubtful it'd go that direction.

I think it might have more to do with the people around Brown, and the implication that there were many who were pulling his strings, particularly towards the end before the sudden passing.

Could even be his daughter the way it's being reported.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The alleged victim is the one who started this thing, so that's highly doubtful it'd go that direction.

I think it might have more to do with the people around Brown, and the implication that there were many who were pulling his strings, particularly towards the end before the sudden passing.

Could even be his daughter the way it's being reported.

Ah that makes more sense now, she alleges she was raped by him, so believes someone else killed him for another rape or something? Bizarre.

Probably more likely to have been killed for some monetive reason then, if there's even any validity to any claim he was killed and didn't just die of NC.

Interesting story none the less, and hopefully we learn more about it, and potential allegations etc

Yes, someone with a very specific set of skills.

Okay. I was trying to be serious but this one actually got me! Well played.