• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should police enforce wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 152 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure what to say about this interview.

So he enforces people wearing seat belts but not a mask?

This is why people are going into a supermarket, etc without a mask and acting up. America has no leadership and it is run by insane people.

He is also being defiant at the fact that the police are getting their budget cut and are under fire from the public from murdering people.

This virus is going nowhere in America. Covid is here to stay until a vaccine is created.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
this is complicated because people should absolutely be wearing masks, but I also don't think people should be murdered by police for not wearing one

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
honestly at this point with this level of ignorance I have nothing else to say but fuck this guy

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
this is complicated because people should absolutely be wearing masks, but I also don't think people should be murdered by police for not wearing one
I live in Ohio and it really depresses me how many people don't give a fuck about wearing a mask but I sure as hell don't want to give police officers a reason to do fuck all. We know exactly who'd they target with this.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
The guy should be relieved of his position and subsequently arrested for the danger he put people in before he could be replaced.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Oh look, an old white guy. I wonder which side of the fence he falls on? Don't even need to watch the video.

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He looks like Doug Dimmadome come to life.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking stupid I can't take it. The message from Trump should have been simple. "WEAR A MASK - SAVE THE ECONOMY" That would've actually gotten through to his dumb fuck sociopath cultists and we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most baffling, frustrating, but most of all sad interviews I've ever seen.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I think I filled the Trump/GOP bingo card listening to him.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If the viral videos we constantly see of stupid people not wearing masks and acting out were minorities, he sure as hell would be enforcing the mandate.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
The US tanking their economy over a piece of cloth is the most surreal thing I've seen.

Approaching "Great Leap Forward"-levels of stupidity.

Oct 28, 2017
This is why I voted no - masks should be mandatory in public spaces! But police try to solve everything by killing or otherwise committing a disproportionate level of physical violence on people.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
I understood his argument throughout the video but that ending, oh boy, yeah this guy is playing the political game even though he complains about politics.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
I live in Ohio and it really depresses me how many people don't give a fuck about wearing a mask but I sure as hell don't want to give police officers a reason to do fuck all. We know exactly who'd they target with this.
Eh, depends where you're at I think. People have been pretty decent about it where I live in the Northeast however it seems nobody gives a fuck when I'm out west for work.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
The only reason I would say I wouldn't want cops to enforce this is that they'll use it as a way to torment POC.

But as a general rule, these mask requirements need to have legal weight behind them.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I want the idea of police enforcing wearing masks, but in reality it would lead to minorities getting killed by police for not wearing masks so...

This is what worries me. I think they should only be enforcing when people are raising hell to enter establishments but general public no. just show up for people who are refusing to leave places only. anything more than that is reason for them to escalate things.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I think this falls under one more thing we shouldn't really be relying on cops to manage, unless it has the weight of actual enforceable law behind it.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was talking with my Mom about this, and the point was brought up that if this were about pants and not masks the response would be totally different, and that if you're arguing requiring masks is illegal so is literally every public indecency law in the US. Like, between a naked guy wearing a mask properly and a fully dressed person not, the fully dressed guy is far more of a risk to public safety, where the naked person is just kind of embarassing and offensive to some people