• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, such a shocking development. This will surely be the straw that finally breaks President Dumbass's willpower. Right?

Oct 25, 2017
Please take care of the Senate too Georgia. I'll buy a Hawks or Braves jersey if that happens. Living in Ohio is...disappointing.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
trump will request a recount tomorrow or next week just to drag it out into december.

Yea, aoc been buckin shots. I really don't get why they still think they could come at her.
tenor.gif

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Can he do that? And would it be accepted? The first recount wasn't even his request.
This was the recount. I'm not sure if you can ask for another.

they did a hand audit that was a full hand recount in addition to the audit. after certification, the trailing candidate can request a recount as long as it's within 0.5%. this is a re-scan of the ballots that have already been hand-recounted.

the state will pay for it. it's the easiest one to request at this stage. michigan will cost money. pa and az are out of reach.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
they did a hand audit that was a full hand recount in addition to the audit. after certification, the trailing candidate can request a recount as long as it's within 0.5%. this is a re-scan of the ballots that have already been hand-recounted.

Correct.

The results will be the exact same if Team Trump requests a recount, but they still have a statutory ability to do so.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

the state will pay for it. it's the easiest one to request at this stage. michigan will cost money. pa and az are out of reach.
Wonder how that will fly with Georgians. Having to pay taxes for Trump whining to get another pointless recount.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how that will fly with Georgians. Having to pay taxes for Trump whining to get another pointless recount.

this hand recount already cost the state extra too. i could see it happening partly out of spite for losing the state. can't imagine raffensperger would be too pleased after bending over backwards and being super transparent here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I am absolutely certain that any additional recounts or audits in other states will go the exact same way whereby:

Biden victory is confirmed.
Trump ends up losing more votes in the recount.
Repeat.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Reading a little more on it is pretty interesting. Apparently Georgia's republican legislature approved the move to these Dominion voting systems last year so there would be a paper trail (used to be electronic only). The SoS was in charge of getting the system up and running so I can see why he's standing up for it ...it's basically his fault if there's something wrong.

And yes these Dominion systems that are the ones supposedly of venezuelan origin which are flipping votes and sending data to other countries were approved and installed by Republicans. I guess it's not too hard for the Dems...just submit the lowest bid when states are shopping around and the Republicans have no choice but to install them.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good job, Georgia. Now don't forget to flip the Senate seats blue while you're at it.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I guess known loser, Donald J. Trump, enjoys the experience of losing the election in Georgia enough to repeat it.