• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
The GAO held a couple of the Obama Administration's actions to be in violation of laws, such as the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner swap, so prepare for that to be the main conservative response to this.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can safely say they are crooks themselves, compromised perhaps and well, until Trump fails, you would never get anyone to beat him before this election. People don't care about crimes or truth, it's team Republican, they'll get whatever stooge plays the game of evil, corruption and crimes after Trump because they'll need bailed out themselves.

Guess I thought last year when we started hearing rumblings of Pence wanting to run in 2024 and Trump wasn't totally okay with it (Ultimately, I think he wants his son or Daughter run) that the GOP would start to get cold feet.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
See other posts. It goes to the DOJ and Barr isn't going to do a thing.

It should be a big deal, but there's no one to enforce it.
eh, the DOJ prosecutes crimes but not all violations of law are crimes. I don't say that to excuse the conduct - there's literally no potential criminal penalties to violating the impoundment act. It's the kind of violation of law that gets resolved via lawsuit to force compliance. This is the rare thing you can't actually pin on Barr

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting anything other than full treason cult behavior from republicans at this point is a waste of time. This is who they are. And the morons that think they can still work with the republicans are just as bad.

Dec 13, 2018
GAO Zedong is run by a bunch of Deep State Losers.... Where were these partisan losers during Benghazi ?!?! DRAIN THE SWAMP

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP talking point will be that Ukraine is corrupt so the POTUS has the right to withhold taxpayer dollars because of that, which is bullshit since it was congressionally approved.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's not.

The Senate won't do anything, and the media won't cover it like a major thing. They'll continue to spend more time trashing Democratic primary candidates.

It is, but it won't even move the needle for GOP Senators. The needle as broken as the NYT needle ends up on election night.

The upcoming Senate elections this year will be hanging over their heads with this, though.

Now that's a big graveyard, lmfao

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I really think the republicans are all in. No amount of crimes or treason will have them break ranks. Party over country. Maintain power at all cost.
Yeah this is their endgame. They have millions less voters. Their policies are extremely unpopular. It's all caught up to them so now they are doing straight up crime to hold on as long as they can. The question is, with all of our checks and balances how long will that be?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans are absolutely "all in" on this. Because this shit isn't even a Trump Special of shit to them. To them, this is just politics. You can't do wrong in the name of politics... if you are a republican. This is just simply something they don't give a single fuck about.

I guarantee you that privately, they are more pissed at Trump for getting caught than they are that he did the crime.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Whether was illegal or not is decided by the judicial branch. The GAO can issue an opinion but it must be prosecuted in the courts.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This is unfortunately fairly meaningless, other than as another data point to show this behavior was inappropriate.

Trump accelerated the GOP transition to full treason and lying about literally everything. So fast I think, that the GOP itself is a bit dazed. Like, this is where their strategy was always leading them. But now that they're here they don't quite know how to handle it.

It's like they don't even have a plan for Trumpism failing them. There's not even a plan for Trump being out of office and someone else holding them accountable for this era.

They live in the Lying Dimension now. There are only lies.

Mar 3, 2019
Unfortunately at this point, I dont know if peaceful transfer of power is possible if Trump loses the election and refuses to leave the office. All of the GOP will back him along with all of the extreme judges his administration has stacked. And his supporters will eat it up.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Unfortunately at this point, I dont know if peaceful transfer of power is possible if Trump loses the election and refuses to leave the office. All of the GOP will back him along with all of the extreme judges his administration has stacked. And his supporters will eat it up.
Sigh. He doesn't get to refuse, as he doesn't have to accept the results. The President has no authority over elections or the transfer of power.

If he loses, he's just not the President anymore after 1/20/21.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is their endgame. They have millions less voters. Their policies are extremely unpopular. It's all caught up to them so now they are doing straight up crime to hold on as long as they can. The question is, with all of our checks and balances how long will that be?

They've already lasted longer than they should have. Their multi-faceted approach is paying off unbelievably well:

1. Create or buy up news agencies and turn them into propaganda outlets. Not just Fox, but so many local channels and newspapers, and they completely dominate talk radio.
2. Overturn the Voting Rights Act, then use various measures to ensure minorities / Democrats can't vote, or their vote isn't counted.
3. Gerrymander the fuck out of states they control to ensure they are over-represented in the House.
4. Install judges who will uphold their violations of the law, including the above.
5. And new to the list: encourage (or directly enlist) foreign interference to spread their propaganda on social media, hack voting infrastructure, and infuse even more money into their schemes.

The GOP isn't new to the crime business. It's just more blatant now. In the past, they were a little more patient, meaning they'd try to change laws first, then do the formerly illegal activity. Or at least be careful about it before they changed the law. Now, thanks to their past successes, they just break the law and don't hold themselves accountable. Even if the courts rule against them, look how long it takes. The damage is long done.

If they don't lose the next election, and lose badly across the board, I think the question might not be "how much longer can they get away with it?", but "can this even be fixed any more by voting?".

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I really think the republicans are all in. No amount of crimes or treason will have them break ranks. Party over country. Maintain power at all cost.

I mean at this point, which Republican would risk letting all their own skeletons out the closet by siding on the right side of the law?

They are all dirty AF.

None of them deserve to be free men, let alone be in power but that is the nature of degeneracy of the United States' government- rife with degenerates at the upper echelons of governance atm.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. He doesn't get to refuse, as he doesn't have to accept the results. The President has no authority over elections or the transfer of power.

If he loses, he's just not the President anymore after 1/20/21.
I don't know why people don't understand this. If the election is Trump VS Biden, and on November 16th Biden wins, he becomes President. Period. Trump could literally burn the White House to the ground and Biden could be standing on top of a mountain somewhere and he would still become the new president.

People need to imagine the power of the presidency as some kind of ghost, and when a new president is elected, on January 20th of the following year the spirit just leaves the old president's body and enters the new one. There is no way for Trump to like, contain the spirit in his body to prevent someone else from becoming president if he loses.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people don't understand this. If the election is Trump VS Biden, and on November 16th Biden wins, he becomes President. Period. Trump could literally burn the White House to the ground and Biden could be standing on top of a mountain somewhere and he would still become the new president.

People need to imagine the power of the presidency as some kind of ghost, and when a new president is elected, on January 20th of the following year the spirit just leaves the old president's body and enters the new one. There is no way for Trump to like, contain the spirit in his body to prevent someone else from becoming president if he loses.
It's pretty obvious by reading a lot of the posts here that most of the people commenting in these threads don't actually understand how the government works. They don't understand politics in general, really.

Problem is they hear something and automatically worst case scenario and right away the sky is falling.

Mar 3, 2019
It's pretty obvious by reading a lot of the posts here that most of the people commenting in these threads don't actually understand how the government works. They don't understand politics in general, really.

Problem is they hear something and automatically worst case scenario and right away the sky is falling.

First off I understand how the government works. Worst case scenario is that the margin is so close that Trump can fudge the numbers to get a win in a Republican state with the support of the GOP to help him. Do you not remember in 2000 with Bush vs Gore with the runoff requiring multiple different counts because it was so close? Even that was shady because it happened in Florida which was Bush's brother, still to this day many people think Gore won those votes and should have become president. I think that people with the opinion such as yours give the republicans way too much credit that they will just return to normal after they discovered how much power they can wield during this current term. They are openly defying congressional orders, and breaking laws in plain sight with no justice or retribution in sight.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
First off I understand how the government works. Worst case scenario is that the margin is so close that Trump can fudge the numbers to get a win in a Republican state with the support of the GOP to help him. Do you not remember in 2000 with Bush vs Gore with the runoff requiring multiple different counts because it was so close? Even that was shady because it happened in Florida which was Bush's brother, still to this day many people think Gore won those votes and should have become president. I think that people with the opinion such as yours give the republicans way too much credit that they will just return to normal after they discovered how much power they can wield during this current term. They are openly defying congressional orders, and breaking laws in plain sight with no justice or retribution in sight.
There is a world of difference between him fudging votes to win an election, and him outright losing an election and not giving up power. The latter is what we are talking about.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Yep it's set in stone. Like emonulments.