• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.axios.com

Scoop: The numbers behind CNN+

CNN+ research estimated that 70% of CNN+ subscribers could be bundled over time.

New data from a March 2022 pitch deck shows CNN+ executives projected that within the next decade, CNN+ would be more profitable than the company's cable arm today — which currently drives abound $500 million in annual profit.

The big picture: Financial projections were based on internal CNN+ research that assumed CNN+ could one day attract nearly 30 million global subscriptions from a total addressable market of roughly 72 million people.

Executives bucketed CNN+'s potential audience into three groups, with various models of overlap:

1. 29 million "CNN super fans."
  2. 24 million "news and non-fiction SVOD (subscription video on demand) fans."
  3. 36 million "global news consumers" (people who already paid for a news subscription).
CNN+ research estimated that 70% of CNN+ subscribers could be bundled with HBO Max over time.

i want the CNN drugs ASAP

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Zucker was wilding out. Wouldn't be surprised if the internal team came up with these numbers just to appease his wild vision.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hey man, you could have paid me half of what you paid your experts to say this shit wasn't going to happen.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
The mind of a corporate executive is often bewildering. How could they have possibly arrived at this conclusion?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Financial projections were based on internal CNN+ research that assumed CNN+ could one day attract nearly 30 million global subscriptions from a total addressable market of roughly 72 million people.
I'm sorry, they said they were going to capture 40% of an addressable market and no-one laughed them out of the room?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
30 million in one day? They sure love to dream big.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You could tell they had their heads up their asses pretty far for them to think this. Nobody actually likes CNN. Right claims they're too woke and liberal. Left sees through their bothsides bullshit and platforming dumb right wingers - and making everything a zero sum horserace. Moderates probably catch it at the doctor's office or airport and move on.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
This is worse than that Hollywood exec that made that shitty monster truck movie because their kids liked the idea.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell pitched those numbers and who believed them? Was it someone amazing at marketing or just incredibly out of touch executives?

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Man they should have stuck with it, they were only 29,850,000 subscribers away from their goal.

Oct 25, 2017
This almost feels like a money laundering scheme, or an attempt at Producers type scam.
I can't believe they were this delusional.
Fact is, nobody is loyal to CNN (in the way millions are loyal to Fox News). It's joked that people only watch it when it's on at a restaurant, a doctor's office, or the airport. Otherwise, the only time it's useful is during major events and even then there's a multitude of other channels to provide that.

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This almost feels like a money laundering scheme, or an attempt at Producers type scam.
I can't believe they were this delusional.
Fact is, nobody is loyal to CNN (in the way millions are loyal to Fox News). It's joked that people only watch it when it's on at a restaurant, a doctor's office, or the airport. Otherwise, the only time it's useful is during major events and even then there's a multitude of other channels to provide that.
Tbh there are super fans of wolf and Anderson and probably lemon (aka weirdos, mostly wine moms). Everybody else? Nobody gives a fuck

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They would have been lucky to get a million dollars in revenue

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everything they were offering at cost you can get for free on youtube and twitter.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
CNN Super Fans!?

LMAO

Are you going to CNN-Con this year!?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
McKinsey took these niggas to the cleaners LMFAO. Consulting seems like easy money, all you gotta do is tell a bunch of know-nothing execs what they want to hear and they pay you millions!

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
ironically the idea of "we can get a bunch of subscriptions from people who want to watch the news but don't have cable tv" is... I mean, it's dumb, but it's workable

but also, cnn+ literally didn't offer that

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
And the people who spearheaded this either still have their jobs or will get similar/better jobs elsewhere.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Just think that CNN would have paid very good money to people to come up with this business plan and these sort of figures.