• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Modwhining and a History of Similar Behavior; Accumulated Infractions
A pedophile rape joke is still that, doesn't matter who makes it and what the context is. If any comedian threw a tweet reply at musk with that people here would be losing their shit calling it inappropriate.

but it's an elon musk thread so rape and pedo jokes and are okay now. Moderation in these threads are always awful one thing I learned about this site is the rules don't apply equally to everyone.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The cabin fever is real. But this is always how Musk threads go down. He's a basically a Trump level troll on Twitter and Era takes the bait every time. The biggest difference is that people defend him and the polarization over the guy drives people crazy. If I hated someone that much in would rather it not even enter my mind.
I am too old for this shit.

I can't get that angry over the opinions and statements of celebrities and people I don't know. Its not just Musk. Its any celebrity or rich person. I just don't care if Kayne is a Trump supporter (though it certainly doesn't improve my opinion of him) or what his thoughts are on global warming. The guy is a fucking moron. I really hate how much attention so many of these people get.

And Musk is just a CEO of a car company. His supporters think that he is going to save the world with super expensive cars and his detractors think he is the devil. He is just a CEO of a car company and a billionaire. I only care about his opinions where it concerns things he knows about. Though I do think its fair to criticize him when he acts like a total piece of shit, but man people are so ready to overreact to anything without waiting even a few minutes to confirm what is going on. Its just Musk, thats an internet thing. We all think our opinions matter a lot more than they do.

OP
OP

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
It's hard to get the details sometimes these days with everything being headlines and no follow-ups. Kind of like this situation with an initial flurry of reports that get clarified over time.

"elon musk tweeted" is not a clarification. it's still on the front page of cnn. the governors office has not changed their statement.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Umm I don't think the posts in this thread are gonna age very well.

twitter.com

Elon Musk on Twitter

“@CNN @GavinNewsom”

twitter.com

Elon Musk on Twitter

“@CNN What I find most surprising is that CNN still exists”

(How to make the twitter links bigger?)
Gonna take a wild guess and say these people won't be returning to the thread anytime soon
So would you agree the reasonable approach here would've been to let the guy respond and clear the air before condemning him to hell? The replies in this thread are embarrassing. I had a feeling this would happen too.
This exact scenario happens far too often, and people never learn from it. It's a pet peeve of mine in terms of forum culture or whatever.

Dude relax.

It's me, returning to defend my post. So I guess you guessed wrong about us not coming back.

I just want to be crystal clear about what you expected us to do in this thread. You wanted us to read this article where CNN literally reached out to the official CA Gov's office and confirmed they haven't heard of the Tesla ventilators being delivered, and then reached out to Tesla to give them a chance to respond but they didn't, and just wait for some response from Elon that we didn't know would ever come? A response from Elon, a man who has infamously lied and decried multiple people to make himself look better?

If that's the case you and I have very different definitions of "reasonable".

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How bold! Maybe don't take everything as gospel? Idk 🤷🏾‍♂️

...what? I wasn't taking anything as gospel? I literally just responded to a news article like a normal person and said "yeah that sounds about right"?

I mean, you literally took the article at face value in your own post.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think Newsom has more important things to do than investigate this, so it's pretty funny that Musk keeps tweeting at him.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
...what? I wasn't taking anything as gospel? I literally just responded to a news article like a normal person and said "yeah that sounds about right"?

I mean, you literally took the article at face value in your own post.
But after seeing the receipts from Musk, I'm not gonna go back and defend my original post. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. Nothing wrong with admitting that

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Then you'd be wrong. I can eat my crow.

Me too. Glad he delivered.

I won't apologize for taking the office of the Governor of California at their word though. I don't understand why CNN is getting shit when they're doing the same thing. Sounds like they need to figure out their lines of communication?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But after seeing the receipts from Musk, I'm not gonna go back and defend my original post. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. Nothing wrong with admitting that

Oh 100%. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but if someone is gonna gloat over me being wrong you best believe I'm not gonna take that sitting down. Honestly good on Musk for doing what he set out to do. And some of those tweets don't sit right with me, like why it feels like an email from March 27th is answering a question from March 30th?

However, I'm hoping the governor's office can explain their mistake, if there indeed is one.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

I'm counting 300 to the LA area alone. This was just really irresponsible reporting by CNN. Are they really that desperate for clicks? During a pandemic? Really? This is the reason Trump can get away with calling anything he doesn't like fake news and his base believes it 100%. This is the reason people can see articles about global warming and not give a shit. This is the reason people can see things about how important vaccines are and think they know better. People are sick and tired of clickbait headline sensationalist driven news and aren't stupid, it's overtaken everything, all forms of news and media and journalism everyone's eyes just collectively glaze over... To the point that nobody can even really trust anything they see anymore and everyone thinks everything is bullshit. Well done CNN, hope the ad revenue is worth it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The governor of California just confirmed that he thinks Elon did send the supplies? Looks like Elon delivered.

Gavin Newsom acknowledges donation
OP
OP

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019

I'm counting 300 to the LA area alone. This was just really irresponsible reporting by CNN. Are they really that desperate for clicks? During a pandemic? Really? This is the reason Trump can get away with calling anything he doesn't like fake news and his base believes it 100%. This is the reason people can see articles about global warming and not give a shit. This is the reason people can see things about how important vaccines are and think they know better. People are sick and tired of clickbait headline sensationalist driven news and aren't stupid, it's overtaken everything, all forms of news and media and journalism everyone's eyes just collectively glaze over... To the point that nobody can even really trust anything they see anymore and everyone thinks everything is bullshit. Well done CNN, hope the ad revenue is worth it.

just saw gavin newson taking questions from the press. said he didn't know about the donations when he issued the statement but it appears they were made. so yeah, all the 'fake news' and attacks on CNN look pretty weird. they were only reporting what the governor's office said.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwjdtcm5PbU

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

I would suggest spending 3 minutes scrolling through Russ Mitchells twitter before taking anything he says seriously. He might work for LA Times, but he does nothing but tweet and retweet embarrassing TSLAQ looney tunes conspiracy bullshit all day.. He's basically the media mouth peice of TSLAQ and has been nothing but an obsessed full time professional Elon basher for years.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take a wild guess and say these people won't be returning to the thread anytime soon
I can like Star Wars but be tired of the constant threads and toxicity from stans and bashers. Same is true here. I don't have an opinion on the dude, but reading about him here is just constantly fucking draining. Call out posts like this don't help that.

I don't think I've ever commented on a Musk thread before so I'll just go back to lurking. Fuck it.

suedester

Oct 25, 2017
I would suggest spending 3 minutes scrolling through Russ Mitchells twitter before taking anything he says seriously. He might work for LA Times, but he does nothing but tweet and retweet embarrassing TSLAQ looney tunes conspiracy bullshit all day.. He's basically the media mouth peice of TSLAQ and has been nothing but an obsessed full time professional Elon basher for years.
What's his Era handle cause he'd fit right in here.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think a lot of people here would say it was deserved. It's similar to how people make prison rape jokes. They think since they're prisoners and are "bad" people, you can joke about rape because it's a punishment that is deserved. Thus it gives you free reign to make jokes about them getting raped.

And we had a thread about that very topic and how poor taste it was.

I don't like him as a CEO and the way he portrays himself to people, and I thought what he did with the diver was incredibly distasteful and any other CEO would have probably been dragged through the coals. But I'm not gunna try and sit here and make pedophile jokes because "well musk did it". People wanna dunk or defend the guy, do it, but at least bring more to the table than whats going on in the thread.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't like him as a CEO and the way he portrays himself to people, and I thought what he did with the diver was incredibly distasteful and any other CEO would have probably been dragged through the coals. But I'm not gunna try and sit here and make pedophile jokes because "well musk did it". People wanna dunk or defend the guy, do it, but at least bring more to the table than whats going on in the thread.

Right there with you. Some of the positing here just feels like they want an excuse to be shitty.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Now if only he had paid enough taxes that the state could have afforded the expense of these ventilators itself.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

What's his ERA account?

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
just saw gavin newson taking questions from the press. said he didn't know about the donations when he issued the statement but it appears they were made. so yeah, all the 'fake news' and attacks on CNN look pretty weird. they were only reporting what the governor's office said.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwjdtcm5PbU
Reporting means investigating and validating multiple sources. The copy paste is not journalism. Did they spend 2 seconds reaching out to hospitals or Musk or did they just one source and publish without and fact checking.

Not only is it fake news, it's not even news

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reporting means investigating and validating multiple sources. The copy paste is not journalism. Did they spend 2 seconds reaching out to hospitals or Musk or did they just one source and publish without and fact checking.

Not only is it fake news, it's not even news
If you spent two seconds to look it up, you would have seen they reached out to Tesla multiple times over several weeks and never got a response.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Lmao what a shocker.

Grifts just like the rest of them.

At least stark would deliver the fucking things for a cynical marketing stunt in his iron man suit.