• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
"The Leaders on Impeachment"

What happened to AOC, Ilham, Rashida, Maxine?

And this too (wow)
Like literally this same day with the same fucking network:

I am NOT letting you motherfuckers on this board rewrite not only the past but the ongoing present. Not today Satan.

Last edited:

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
"We were too cowardly to stand up for what was not only the right thing to do, but also the smart thing to do until we had no choice. Please praise us."

Trash.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They only want the minorities for pictures when it comes for voting - shits not even a joke.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's birthed from a worldview that anything that isn't a white man's idea has to be a white woman's idea.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I read this and thought it was whack af. They're like self congratulating themselves for not saying impeachment out loud I guess?

Idk it was a weird read.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
absolute fucking bullshit lmfao

i guess it only matters once the whites get involved. right, cnn?

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Headlines in media have a serious problem.

This is coming from somebody who writes headlines for a living.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Gotta sell it to White America(tm).

Those faces might do it. Dem colored folk that Donald has already convinced people of being anti-Murican and anti-Israel are less convenient for the packaging of the message they want to sell.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
"Tipped Scales"? That's a maybe if I'm being exceedingly generous.

"Unlikely Leaders" is absolute horseshit in any light. They have led nothing. Why not cover the women who actually did lead the charge on impeachment for... months now?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Gotta sell it to White America(tm).

Those faces might do it. Dem colored folk that Donald has already convinced people of being anti-Murican and anti-Israel are less convenient for the packaging of the message they want to sell.

Isn't this always the story?

Music, fashion, food...

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Politically, it was absolutely the calls from moderate Dem representatives— who also happened to come from national security backgrounds— that put the added weight on Pelosi & leadership to call for impeachment over this specific incident.

It is also incredibly shitty of CNN to frame it as if those representatives were the fucking vanguard; they were not.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6RvNCbK.jpg

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
sounds about white for america.
take from minorities and whitewash it to make it appealing to whites

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tweet says "unlikely leaders," and those four were definitely not unlikely. Maybe the tweet is awkwardly phrased but let's not play dumb and act like we don't understand what they're getting at.
The use of "leaders' in the article is off base- they were the ones who were the first of the moderate caucus to tip over w/ the op-ed, so the profile makes complete sense, but something like "swing voter" would be way more appropriate.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Doing nothing and leaving the minorities to fight for themselves, only to take all the credit when the dust settles.

It's the white people's way.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The use of "leaders' in the article is off base- they were the ones who were the first of the moderate caucus to tip over w/ the op-ed, so the profile makes complete sense, but something like "swing voter" would be way more appropriate.

That's not even true.

Maybe not red states, but reps from formerly red districts had started announcing support for impeachment well before this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not even true.

Maybe not red states, but reps from formerly red districts had started announcing support for impeachment well before this.
The letter was the tip of the avalanche of the remaining necessary holdouts outside of the leadership cache of votes that would only move once they had the rest.

My district was one of those formerly red ones, but there's a difference between Comstock's old district (It was a legacy seat that was never going back red the instant it flipped) and Brat's old seat (unfriendly Dem territory.)

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Never trust centrist white libs, they will betray you, as seems to be the theme.

Remember, the dem leadership were the one trying to attack the Justice dem women to begin with by saying "they are just a few people they dont have any power". ANd of course we dont need to mention how they never backed up Talib or Omar, and put them in the position to be attacked in the first place by giving cover to the right wing.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen those faces or read those names in my entire life.
Congrats on not being consumed by the midterms, I guess? The article isn't claiming these people influenced public opinion. The previously-skeptical group of national security dems from vulnerable districts coming out in favor of impeachment is something that swayed the house dem caucus, signaling to other holdouts that it was time to get on board.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Politics as usual.

The progressives make all the noise and take all the hits and when the work is over the moderates step in to take credit and pretend they were for it all along but couldnt reveal themselves because of 4d chess moves.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Never trust centrist white libs, they will betray you, as seems to be the theme.

Remember, the dem leadership were the one trying to attack the Justice dem women to begin with by saying "they are just a few people they dont have any power". ANd of course we dont need to mention how they never backed up Talib or Omar, and put them in the position to be attacked in the first place by giving cover to the right wing.

Minorities are disposable fodder and that's normalized because that's just been our status quo. Our bodies and livelihoods are nothing more than numbers, and when we complain too loudly, we're an inconvenience until a bunch of brave white people in the 11th hour do the bare minimum expected of a civil servant who swore an oath to protect the country and its people.

Err, what I mean to say is thank you white moderates. We'd be less than nothing without your stalwart efforts and bottomless empathy and steely resolve. Praise be.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen those faces or read those names in my entire life.
Spanberger beat Dave Brat, who was the Tea Party guy who primaried Eric Cantor. It's a seat we picked up because the GOP went nutty and that Cantor would have been able to hold and that Spanberger is in massive danger of losing in virtually every election.

Other 4 are randos tho.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
par for the course. progressives do all the leg work and take the full brunt of the criticism, then the right/centrists come swooping in pretending it was all their idea.

i don't think this is going to be as effective as the dems think it is. if you were gonna cater to the snowflakes might as well go full 4x white male to replace the squad

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When a group of moderate House freshmen Democrats moved from hard no to hell yes on starting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, they changed the dynamic for House Democrats, and indeed -- the course of history.

When we first talked in mid-September, none of the five congresswomen women supported an impeachment inquiry. Then, after hearing Trump admit that he spoke to Ukraine's leader about Joe Biden, a potential 2020 political rival, they changed their minds.

lol, they were "hard no" on impeachment in mid-September.

They came around to impeachment only after Trump publicly confessed, and provided documentation of withholding congressional aid to an ally in order to attack a political rival, and with that they "changed [...] the course of history?" History left the barn.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
par for the course. progressives do all the leg work and take the full brunt of the criticism, then the right/centrists come swooping in pretending it was all their idea.

Progressives didn't do all the legwork, they weren't the only people doing things in this. Everyone played a role here. Or are you going to ignore the various investigations in congress and Adam Schiff? Who's job it was to do this, not Pelosi's.

They can be dicks, no question. However, this distorts the truth about the relationship between leadership and the Justice Dems, as though the JD's never made any mistakes or they didn't go after the other factions right off the bat. This has nothing to do with them, anyway, it's CNN. Why aren't you casting the bulk of your ire at the media who framed it like that?

Remember, the dem leadership were the one trying to attack the Justice dem women to begin with by saying "they are just a few people they dont have any power".

Which is usually right, they're not power brokers in the party.

ANd of course we dont need to mention how they never backed up Talib or Omar, and put them in the position to be attacked in the first place by giving cover to the right wing.

This is bullshit.

That seems to be the default rather than an anomaly unfortunately :/ legit suprised when establishment print media/corporate televised news isnt acting shady for whatever specific narrative they want to put out.

Yes, it is. So why are you only concerned about this when it's only Justice Democrats or Bernie Sanders in their crossfire?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Like clockwork, the neolib defenders come out to defend. I've heard it all before Ichthyosaurus, save the garbage for the ones who are fine with the sad state of things.

You should reevaluate your stance being so kneejerk reactionary in defense of these things in literally EVERY single instance without fail. Its enough to make people like me paranoid as fuck in regards to how people can view the world in such a bubble.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Has even CNN hidden AOC and the other women? I had the impression they've talked a lot about them. This is just one article about one story about the impeachment.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moderate Dems have been a straight up embarrassment this entire administration. Tried their level best to hold the status quo in the face of Trump, and now we're supposed to blow them for being the last ones to do the right thing.