• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Kumail will never admit it but he also hit the juice mega hard.

0dvXFWc.png

He straight up looks like GigaChad now.
Just jumped into the thread - sorry if this has already been mentioned. What are the signs that really indicate that in the pic?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I like that RDJ clearly gave up on being yolked after Iron Man 2, that was the biggest/most muscular he was in those movies and then clearly went fuck it, Tony Stark doesn't need huge guns and he wears a suit of half CG armour most of the time anyway. It fits his character better and once you hit RDJ's age I'm sure it would be way harder on the body to get that big

I wonder what would happen if all the MCU guys who don't want to get super buff just refused to. I doubt Marvel would fire them šŸ˜Œ

When you get to the point where the actors go through a grueling process of dehydrating themselves to unhealthy degrees for a couple of shirtless shots, everyone including the audience must be self-aware of what a ridiculously unrealistic body standard is on display. You might as well just do a CG pass over the scenes and save yourselves the pain.

E x a c t l y

Get ready for a whole lot of Green Lantern-esque CGI.

We've made such strides since 2011!

Real muscle probably looks better too.

idk about that, Hulk could get it tbh

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Just jumped into the thread - sorry if this has already been mentioned. What are the signs that really indicate that in the pic?
I'm not expert, so maybe I've heard wrong, but from my understanding the jaw growth is a dead giveaway. He looks very different now than he did a year ago.

Nov 17, 2017
It's meant as a rib on guys who only care about the showy muscles such as the arms and chest and don't do any lower body work, thus looking disproportionate.
I get that. I was more thinking like, if someone wants to work out their upper body more than their lower body more power to them, right? Sometimes it feels like there's some envy behind it, like someone looking to knock them down a peg.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
Drugs would mean jack all if they didn't have the rest. Let me take the drugs, it isn't going to do shit.

I mean, that's actually not true. There's a well-known study where men given high doses of testosterone (600mg/week) while not doing any weight training actually put on more lean muscle mass than men who did weight training naturally. That's right: sitting on your ass and taking high doses of T will net you more lean muscle mass than training naturally. Obviously, training + PED is the most effective combination:
The men treated with testosterone but no exercise had an increase of 3.2 kg in fat-free mass, and those in the placebo-plus-exercise group had an increase of 1.9 kg. The increase in the testosterone-plus-exercise group was substantially greater (averaging 6.1 kg).
nejm199607043350101_f1.jpeg

The reality is PEDs actually are magic pills for putting on muscle.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
"Actors don't take PEDs they just train really hard and eat right"

*Smash cut to Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory as a 300lb mass monster*

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If you genuinely believe that at this level Hemsworth is on physically all you need do is lift weights and eat some chicken you are just gaslighting yourself, maybe if he had lifted for decades and was blessed with genetic lottery.

Same with bodybuilders and fitness competitors, at high end you have to juice or you just can't compete.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
real talk, they probably should come clean that it's definitely PED-enabled because perpetuating and celebrating these unrealistic bodies is just harmful at this point. it looks like a body suit from the neck on down to the torso (lol legs). i get he's supposed to be thor and all that but none of that is normal or achievable without lots of money, time and medicine. none of it truly healthy in the long-term.

was just reading this earlier today

www.buzzfeednews.com

The Reality For Men With Eating Disorders

ā€œA lot of these guys are just excessively, compulsively exercising. We sometimes have people going to the gym, I kid you not, for 10 hours a day.ā€

and can't say the two aren't related

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Love it when my head swells to the exact size, shape and texture of a cinderblock from my new 8-week bodyweight exercise and clean eating program.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
So easily, shit is laughable. I have zero doubts that they are using shit, but this completely drops the much bigger factor. Wealth and access.

Drugs would mean jack all if they didn't have the rest. Let me take the drugs, it isn't going to do shit.
It's still hard work and nutrition. But my relative isn't wealthy. He just works out 4 hours a day, eats veggies and chicken, and does gear. I think he makes about $40,000 a year.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I mean, that's actually not true. There's a well-known study where men given high doses of testosterone (600mg/week) while not doing any weight training actually put on more lean muscle mass than men who did weight training naturally. That's right: sitting on your ass and taking high doses of T will net you more lean muscle mass than training naturally. Obviously, training + PED is the most effective combination:

Yuuupp

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how defensive some people get over the idea of actors using PEDs to get into ridiculously great, unrealistic shape for movie roles. Nobody is going to put an asterisk next to their performance or suspend them from making movies. Relax.

Oct 25, 2017
He just wanted that total body workout. Can't forget the nose press and jaw curls.

nanjiani-juiced.jpg

The results speak for themselves!
The camera level makes his face look different, because, well, it does that to everyone. Compare the position of his ears to eyes, to mouth to chin. Faces look longer when looking from and shooting from above.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how defensive some people get over the idea of actors using PEDs to get into ridiculously great, unrealistic shape for movie roles. Nobody is going to put an asterisk next to their performance or suspend them from making movies. Relax.
Of course they use them. I wish they were more upfront, though obviously there are issues with that (and it absolutely wouldn't match Disney's brand outside of legality). My worry is how it creates and/or perpetuates unrealistic body expectations.

Bingo.

EDIT: Wait, people really think Kumail wasn't taking stuff?

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the *X Actor is not taking any performance enhancers!* defenders are like a weird take on the temporary embarrassed millionaires, *nah man I can TOTALLY get that ripped you know if I lifted alittle...* Mix of defending an actor they like and thinking they also could somehow reach a similar body type.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Was RDJ the only guy to sort of avoid this? I remember he looked pretty big in iron man 1 but after not as much. Still in shape obviously but not close to the ridicoulous levels Hemsworth and Evans were on.