• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnn.com

Chris Hemsworth's stunt double says he's struggling to keep up with the star's weight gain | CNN

Chris Hemsworth's stunt double, Bobby Holland Hanton, is tired of eating seven meals a day to try to keep up with the Hollywood actor's ever-increasing size.
Chris Hemsworth's stunt double is tired of eating seven meals a day to try to keep up with the Hollywood actor's ever-increasing size.

Bobby Holland Hanton, who is currently shooting "Thor: Love and Thunder" in Australia with Hemsworth, admitted he is feeling the pressure as the action man bulks up to be, in Hanton's words, "the biggest Thor he's ever been."

Appearing on Australian morning radio show "Fitzy & Wippa" on Monday, Hanton said that while Hemsworth may have impressed fans with his body transformation for the forthcoming Marvel movie, it was a grueling process behind the scenes.
"Everyone is like, 'Wow, look at the size and him', but I'm like yes, brilliant, now I have to put on that size as well. I text him, I'm like, 'Thanks very much dude, this is going to be even harder this time!"' the 33-year-old told the hosts.

Hanton, who first teamed up with Hemsworth on "Thor: The Dark World" in 2013, went on to say that he now takes no pleasure in eating because it has become "full on."

"Every two hours we're eating. It's become a chore. I don't enjoy eating at all every two hours." he said of their regime.

Hanton added that while the diet and training was "difficult on the body," Hemsworth was "fit as a fiddle."

"I find carrying around the extra weight is difficult and hard to maintain on the ligaments," he said. "But he's all good. Look at him, he's a man mountain."

Hanton, who grew up in Portsmouth in the UK, has also doubled for actors such as Henry Cavill, Ryan Reynolds, Channing Tatum and Jake Gyllenhaal. His film credits include "Mission Impossible: Fallout, "Quantum of Solace," and "Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens."

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Can't they just put an (appropriately sized) fat suit on him? Also seems safer on his health than just gaining weight suddenly.
EDIT:
Nevermind, I totally missed that they are talking about muscle mass here.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I'm dying at the obvious split of dedication to the role which I'm sure is a big difference in pay too (driving factor) . Poor dude. Whether he wants to or not, it's time to get MOTHA FOOKIN YOKED

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they don't just give actors CGI muscles in this day and age.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
He's fucking massive in Love and Thunder, gonna have to CGI his muscles if they do reshoots.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and the Hulk Hogan movie. Hemsworth is going insane with the body building.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't tell if he was talking about gaining muscle or gaining fat. I feel bad for the guy though. It seems weird that you'd need a stunt double to be that close to your appearance when most of the fight scenes will already be touched up with CG and fast cuts.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I have really complicated feelings about this.

How big do we really need these actors to get for these roles?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
This guy's being dramatic. I saw pictures of Hemsworth for Love & Thunder. He's not that big.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
for reference:

Thor-Love-and-Thunder-viral-set-photos-reveal-Chris-Hemsworth-and-Chris-Pratts-stunning-costumes.jpg

Chris-Hemsworth-and-chris-pratt-Thor-set-backgrid-embed-1.jpg

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't being that swole hinder a stunt double? You tend to become less flexible the more muscle mass that is added; that seems detrimental for stunts.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Might work if they're in some sort of body suit but that'd look so off putting whenever you see someone's skin lol

if the story calls for SWOLE THOR (which it shouldn't, but w/e) they can just invent a story reason for why his cgi'd skin looks uncanny valley. turn him blue or something and have him be like Opposite Hulk idk

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Its part of the PR thing; look how hard our boy works!

From his instagram he doesn't look that big.