• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I hate saying it, but when he threatened to move operations I saw this coming. It's shameful of all parties involved

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can't get much bluer than Alameda county.
"Blue" means nothing.

As I said in another thread, California is full of RINOs and DINOs, and their actual policy positions are all over the place. It's because Republicans generally aren't viable here, so conservatives have to masquerade as Democrats (and you will even see shit like Democrats being endorsed by Trump).

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
If it's true that other manufacturers were allowed to open and Tesla was being inexplicably singled out, I'm with Elon.

Elon has been dead wrong about so much regarding this crisis, though. I've lost a lot of respect for him.
I can vouch for this. I work in a machine shop in Fremont and there are tons of shops in Alameda, not to mention the bay area overall. Many of my co-workers are even back to working two jobs in the trade. If Alameda made the call to let shops like mine open again not even one week after the original shelter in place order, they have no argument against Tesla reopening. It's their fault for sending a muddled message.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm vastly more concerned with the slippery slope of government being undermined in being able to control a pandemic than the actual impact here.

A few extra days won't be a huge problem in the short run.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It was a publicity stunt, the plant was potentially going to reopen next week. Elon probably wagered that he could make a big deal of this and come across as looking like a FREEDOM FIGHTER and more powerful than the government because they aren't going to challenge a wealthy 'job creator' over the difference of a week and he was right.

This is the only solution.