• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Link.

Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.

Biden administration has promised to try to turn the Covid-19 pandemic around and drastically speed up the pace of vaccinating Americans against the virus. But in the immediate hours following Biden being sworn into office on Wednesday, sources with direct knowledge of the new administration's Covid-related work told CNN one of the biggest shocks that the Biden team had to digest during the transition period was what they saw as a complete lack of a vaccine distribution strategy under former President Donald Trump, even weeks after multiple vaccines were approved for use in the United States.

Another source described the moment that it became clear the Biden administration would have to essentially start from "square one" because there simply was no plan as: "Wow, just further affirmation of complete incompetence."

To the surprise of no one.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The previous administration should be criminally prosecuted for their gross negligence.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
It sucks, because right wing media will suddenly make it seem as if Biden magically dropped the ball. But in his defense, you figure that doing your best to make sure a vaccine for a disease ravaging the country you're the leader of is a priority for pretty much anyone in that position.

Except Trump

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Trump and Biden's transition team were basically a student telling the teacher that yes, he did his homework and that he has it right here, as he rifles through papers in his book bag when he well knows that he did not do the homework.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
And 91 million voted for Trump. Good God. They basically voted for a bigoted clown that barely does shit over having a functioning government.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Christ. This similarly happened when my company let go of an pretty incompetent, high-level employee: it was quickly found out that several programs that were touted as "going great" or "getting close to launch" barely fucking existed, if they even existed beyond just a proposed title at all. I'm sure the Biden admin is going to unturn a bunch of shit like this that the Trump admin heralded as great successes that actually didn't even fucking exist.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
100 million in 100 days isn't gonna happen.
I'm optimistic that it will. Even with basically no plan under the previous administration we've gotten nearly to 1M a day recently. With an administration that's actually going to have a plan and use all powers they have to push vaccine production and deployment I think it's a lofty but certainly achievable goal.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP are consistently good at controlling the narrative. If truth is actually going to matter again, the Biden administration has to be relentlessly aggressive in fighting back against misinformation.

I have no idea how they should do that, of course, but they can't just take the blame for the utter disaster of the Trump anti-response to COVID.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These incompetent, lazy fucks of the Trump admin really did nothing. Just grifting and spinning all day, everyday.

Fucking leeches.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
It's terrifying to me that we spent 4 years with nobody at the wheel. Stephen Miller was probably the most competent person in the executive branch, and he's both an idiot and a Nazi.

I'm sure this'll be a common theme for a while..."look at the crazy shit we just uncovered, here it is"
We're gonna be finding bodies (figurative and literal) for decades as a result of the Trump admin.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, we had the most incompetent President with the most incompetent cabinet ever assembled.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This shit is beyond fucked up. I literally don't understand this level of inactivity. Like, what the fuck was Trump's logic here? Even with a vaccine, just shrugging your shoulders and ignoring the situation.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Trump was given a gift with the speed at which scientists developed the vaccine, and he still fucked up the golden opportunity. He can't do anything right.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
We'll see soon enough. I'm not going to make any bets on the success of that target. To say that is ambitious is the mother of all understatements right now.
According to Fauci and Sanjay Gupta, 100 million is the bare minimum that should be a shot in that timeframe. They think Biden's team is deliberately aiming low.

Oct 28, 2017
I really wish people would stop calling Trump and Republicans "incompetent" because they were not that. They are malicious.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
An absolute black hole of leadership during the biggest domestic crisis we've faced since the civil war. A uniquely unqualified president* during a uniquely challenging time, with hundreds of thousands dead on his watch. He deserves every bit of scorn and disgust leveled at him, and I hope his enablers at every level feel even the smallest amount of shame and self loathing for their part in it.

ColdDeckEd

Jul 25, 2018
Is anyone surprised? Trump has always just been a hype man with no real plans that wanted everyone to forget about covid. So many more people would be alive today if the man had even a sliver of a conscious.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Still seems like there's no supply. Do we have numbers on how much is actually being produced weekly?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a surprise, the Trump administration had no plan.

Fuck that entire administration

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This shit is beyond fucked up. I literally don't understand this level of inactivity. Like, what the fuck was Trump's logic here? Even with a vaccine, just shrugging your shoulders and ignoring the situation.
He bascially got bored of it according to reports. He's been in campaign mode since summer (well his whole Presidency lol) but he at least made appearances.

Post election, he focused on his fraud nonsense for weeks and basically did no work.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP are consistently good at controlling the narrative. If truth is actually going to matter again, the Biden administration has to be relentlessly aggressive in fighting back against misinformation.

I have no idea how they should do that, of course, but they can't just take the blame for the utter disaster of the Trump anti-response to COVID.
It's easy to control the narrative when one base eats up misinformation while the other generally doesn't.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
In a way, we're really fucking fortunate that the Trump administration was coming to its end in close proximity to the beginning of the vaccine distribution. That shitty admin already did enough damage, but imagine if they were still in power for another 1+ year.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
No shit. Not even Seniors in Florida can get the vaccine as they're being turned away waiting for hours.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I've been operating under the hope that the Biden team was creating their own plan and would start implementing it day one. Because this is the least predictable thing ever.

I wouldn't even say it needed to be predicted. One look at the clusterfuck way everything is being distributed already told you the answer on this. They better have anticipated this and been working under this assumption.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So Trump literally did nothing to handle the pandemic? Who could've seen that coming

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I'm usually not a glass half full person but for this I will be. I'm glad there was no concrete plan. I'd rather have Biden start from scratch and create his own plan than having to clean up a an absolute dogshit nightmare that I'm sure Trump's administration would of cooked up.