• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

(CNN)Beth Chapman, who with her husband Duane "Dog" Chapman starred in the popular reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," died Wednesday in a Honolulu hospital, a spokesperson for the family confirmed to CNN.
She was 51.
Gillian Sheldon told CNN that Chapman died early this morning and was surrounded by her family.
She was recently placed in a medically induced coma as she battled cancer.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Rest in Peace, cancer is so fucking scary.

It's all around us and we can't do anything about it. She was "cancer free" and then it came back (or never left) and killed her. Same shit happened to my cousin. Fucked up

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe she was only 51. Figured she was in her 70's by now. Hope her family is staying strong.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's all around us and we can't do anything about it. She was "cancer free" and then it came back (or never left) and killed her. Same shit happened to my cousin. Fucked up

I've gotten to the point when I hear someone announce they're 'cancer free' I just shake my head. It seems like it always wins in the end.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I saw that special about her having cancer back when it came out.
seemed like she was doing better.

Dog is going to be absolutely devastated by this

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Her husband told Us Weekly in December that his wife was exploring alternative treatments and fighting to gain back her health.

"Beth will not take anything the doctors want to give her. Even the doctor told me he doesn't want her to have seizures if the pain is that bad, but she won't do it," he said. "She takes over-the-counter pain meds. She will not take anything prescription."

RIP

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the show was hated by the locals but man when I was growing up it seemed like every day my family would sit on the couch together and watch it. Hell, we even named one of my sister's Build-a-Bears after Dog. Beth was such a huge part of the show and to go out so young and to cancer is absolutely heartbreaking.

RIP

And fuck cancer.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
So young...RIP.

Though admittedly I read the thread as Bob Chipman and clicked before reading the rest of the thread.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
RIP. She was with Dog at a convention I went to back in May and wasn't looking good then.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
R.I.P.

I only watched the show back when it first aired around 2004, and she seemed like a cool person.

Fuck cancer.

WizardofPeace

Oct 27, 2017

My mom was told she was cancer-free, for it only to come back a year later. It seems like no one is ever truly cancer free.

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't expect a happy result when I read that she was placed in a medically induced coma. Still sucks to hear. Fuck cancer. RIP.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
RIP. 51 is far too young to pass. Condolences to the family.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This is what is doing my mother in right now, throat cancer. It's a shitty thing to go through from the end of someone who isn't suffering from it, I can't imagine how it is to be suffering from it.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten to the point when I hear someone announce they're 'cancer free' I just shake my head. It seems like it always wins in the end.
There's no such thing as "cancer free" unless you're dead. Even if you've never been diagnosed with cancer. 1000s of cancerous cells form every day in your body.