• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2018
I'd be elated for either one of them to be the nominee so it really sucks to see the media try to put them at each other's throats like this.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ain't wasting any brainpower on something that can be easily clarified by the literal running candidate.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone following this Bernie v. Warren drama over Twitter should be incredibly suspicious of any accusations being thrown right now, their supporters are in a weird proxy war because they know the media is thirsty as fuck for a fight between these two.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That's not how

The article also shows that since 2007 he has only led 4 roll call amendments, it also shows that in his 25 years of being in office only 3 of his bills have become law.

America has been a neoliberal hellscape for the entire time he's been in office, what legislation that actually aligns with his structural critiques of America was he gonna get passed? He wasn't a Cursus Honorum climber, he was a minor Senator using his platform and institutional legitimacy to signal-boost Leftism on a national stage who basically walked, Mr. Magoo-style, into being the face of a nascent political movement by running what was only expected to be a symbolic primary campaign in 2016. The idea that his Presidency would be hampered by the fact that he's not a Michael Jordan of backroom handshakes, rather than the innumerable structural barriers to his ideology, is ludicrous.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
It's killing me that Warren hasn't issued a statement about this. I really thought both of these campaigns were going to do things differently

Nov 14, 2017
This could be very damaging for Sanders. Given that his platform and support base is based entirely around erasing anything but the coarsest notion of economic disadvantage, the revelation that he considers America in 2020 to be deeply sexist and that Trump's support is in part due to his weaponisation of that sexism could be a significant own goal.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This could be very damaging for Sanders. Given that his platform and support base is based entirely around erasing anything but the coarsest notion of economic disadvantage, the revelation that he considers America in 2020 to be deeply sexist and that Trump's support is in part due to his weaponisation of that sexism could be a significant own goal.

Is this the part where people erase literally all the minorities and women supporting Sanders to say they are all white men racists/sexists again..
because i frankly am tired of being erased by centrists who dont give a crap about intersectionalism and just want to continue the status quo under a rainbow banner

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie would lie to that little girl like that when he full well thinks in his heart that women can't win or be President.
Yes bernie has been lying about this true intentions since 1987 when the only people who cared what Bernie had to say was a group of 3rd graders.
Lol. "Lie". Folks need to get a grip. Anyone with nuance who read the OP isn't claiming that Bernie is a virulent misogynist. Just that after 2016 that he doesn't believe that the middle of the country would vote en masse for a woman due entrenched sexism. Bernie frank talk has a track record of him putting his foot in his mouth ( see 2016 dealing with black voters). It also doesn't hurt that this is likely Bernies last shot to run for president so he'd want the party to move away from "identity politics" and back the old white dude with policies.

And yes, even in 1987 small town mayors like puff pieces.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Bernie literally has the most diverse coalition out of every single Democratic candidate.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

This won't be a story by the end of the week.

Nov 14, 2017
Bernie literally has the most diverse coalition out of every single Democratic candidate.
Is this the part where people erase literally all the minorities supporting Sanders to say they are all white racists/sexists again..
No it's the part where I satirise them by pointing out how completely contradictory those two lines of attack are. Apologies, I do try to be obvious but sometimes it's hard

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dodd-Frank was defanged into obsolescence by legislature, and the ACA was dismantled into something worse than being uninsured. Both were failures, borne of compromise and incrementalism.

Dodd-Frank was born of compromise?

You're literally damning bills because GOP control attacked them over time. I'm not even going to say "you know that right" because you're obviously doing that and in no way of good faith lol

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
Lol. "Lie". Folks need to get a grip. Anyone with nuance who read the OP isn't claiming that Bernie is a virulent misogynist. Just that after 2016 that he doesn't believe that the middle of the country would vote en masse for a woman due entrenched sexism. Bernie frank talk has a track record of him putting his foot in his mouth ( see 2016 dealing with black voters). It also doesn't hurt that this is likely Bernies last shot to run for president so he'd want the party to move away from "identity politics" and back the old white dude with policies.

And yes, even in 1987 small town mayors like puff pieces.
Gosh you sure do know a lot about what Bernie's thinking

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see or hear that proof. How did they find this info? Did Warren say it? I'd take her word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.