• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
Barr will resign. Trump will resign. Pence takes over, gives Trump a pardon. Trump becomes AG and ...

Then i woke up fortunately. ..

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I am personally thinking it was the size of the task and not the task itself. If it came down to one state that would be one thing, but Trump needs to flip at least 3 to either tie it or win it. No one not fully in the cult is going to tie themselves to that mess.

Just pure speculation on my part though.

It also comes down to how stupid and LOUD Trump is. You'd be putting your life in Trump's hands with a plan like this and all of his cronies, minus true believes like Stephen Miller, know that is a death sentence essentially.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
100% and the replacement will say the election was stolen and will use the justice department resources to help Trump's fake legal battle.

Can that actually happen? Do you know if that can actually happen or are you making assumptions based on how things work in completely different cabinet roles?

Can you look up for me the process of appointing an "Acting" Attorney General, what their actual limitations are? Cann you look up the AG line of succession (that is clearly legislated)?

I just want to know where these fears come from.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Can that actually happen? Do you know if that can actually happen or are you making assumptions based on how things work in completely different cabinet roles?

Can you look up for me the process of appointing an "Acting" Attorney General, what their actual limitations are? Cann you look up the AG line of succession (that is clearly legislated)?

It comes from the fact that Trump has done whatever he wants and nobody has stopped him.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Remember when Sessions was replaced by "evil hot tub Mr. Clean"? Trump can't just strong arm his way out of this.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Can Biden fire all these assholes day1?

Yes. Trump always had the power to fire Mueller. Who would a special prosecutor even go after? Trump's legal team can't seem to decide who the villain is in this fantasy scenario they've constructed. There have been no allegations aimed at the incoming admin, so any potential crimes could be handled by AGs from all 50 states easily.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yes. Trump always had the power to fire Mueller. Who would a special prosecutor even go after? Trump's legal team can't seem to decide who the villain is in this fantasy scenario they've constructed. There have been no allegations aimed at the incoming admin, so any potential crimes could be handled by AGs from all 50 states easily.
Good to know! Thanks.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

Iirc these questions came up when Trump appointed Whitaker. I don't have time to read the whole thing, but this might be useful.

Matthew Whitaker's Appointment as Acting Attorney General: Three Lingering Questions

Is Whitaker’s appointment constitutional? Does the president have authority in this case to make an appointment under the FVRA? Does Whitaker have any recusal obligations related to the special counsel’s investigation?

The quick answer is I think he'd be the full Attorney General as far as legal powers go, but as an unconfirmed appointment in a lame duck session when the other party is taking over, anyone the AG could possibly order around is definitely going to be taking notes and being extra careful. Even Barr's already run into that with the guy overseeing election security changing jobs when Barr originally ordered an investigation.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Imagine what unscrupulous shit Trump was asking for that even that piece of shit Barr wouldn't go along with it.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
df3ba0118ef4e41d0d860f2de7aa0dba.png

Let's give the man some credit. He was shitty enough to last longer than most people.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine what unscrupulous shit Trump was asking for that even that piece of shit Barr wouldn't go along with it.
Barr was willing to do anything to keep Trump in power, but he's not an idiot. He knows the ride is over now, so he's trying to save whatever reputation he thinks he has left.

Had Trump won, or if the election was actually close, who knows what crazy shit he would've been doing for Trump.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Do it asshole. You'll be harassed by Trump's cultists until your dying day, as well you fucking should.
God, I hope this is how it goes. These people are scum and they deserve the worst.
Still pissed Democrats even voted for this fascist.
I remember the media firing on all cylinders to assuage our fears and we fell for it like suckers. Hard to believe there could be a worse AG than Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, but here we are.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the media firing on all cylinders to assuage our fears and we fell for it like suckers. Hard to believe there could be a worse AG than Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, but here we are.

I keep saying that there are no good conservatives, or people on the right. That's the approach Democrats continue to fail at understanding. They simply don't care enough.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a move on Barr's part to look the other way during some illegal shit.

Trump will probably put Whitaker in as acting AG again or something.

Dismal.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
If this were 12 months ago I would have smiled. But with Trump still in power until 20th January, I'd prefer he stays just so we can avoid even more chaos before Trump is out. The last thing we need is an even bigger tool placed in that position to throw a hail mary.