• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Going against the flow of opinion somewhat, I don't enjoy watching movies at home nearly as much as at the cinema. Despite having a great setup, it's just not as relaxing for me. There's too much temptation to pause at times, to rewind if you didn't quite hear something (or weren't paying attention), to mess with your phone etc etc. Especially these days with home also being where a lot of us work, it's nice to physically get away from it and do absolutely nothing but watch a movie for a couple of hours.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tenet bombing at the theaters was a 100% "no duh" moment. However, I guess it was something that needed to be done in order for studios to get a better understanding of how to deal with future releases.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Going against the flow of opinion somewhat, I don't enjoy watching movies at home nearly as much as at the cinema. Despite having a great setup, it's just not as relaxing for me. There's too much temptation to pause at times, to rewind if you didn't quite hear something (or weren't paying attention), to mess with your phone etc etc. Especially these days with home also being where a lot of us work, it's nice to physically get away from it and do absolutely nothing but watch a movie for a couple of hours.

Yup. People are talking like everyone watched movies in theaters at gunpoint.

While not cheap, it's an easy distraction for kids which is why kiddie movies did bank.

And while people love justifying their 136 inch OLED with Sonos sound in their mansion basements, most people don't have that kind of setup.

Choice is key. But this assumption that going to the theater sucked... One of my favorite past times was going to the local indie movie theater and just tuning out the world for two hours in absolute silence. That doesn't hit the same at home with people running around.

Oct 27, 2017
It did better than expected given the circumstances but its clear to everyone that its vastly below what they would have liked to have seen for a Nolan film. Thats not going to change as long as covid numbers ae what they are and public/consumer confidence is as low as it is.

In the end though, someone had to go first and Tenet was the film. Now there's more of a case for accelerating home releases (and I say that as someone who really values the cinema experience).

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That must be why disney shareholders have been begging them to switch their efforts to streaming for 6 months now.
The need for short-term cashflow is not necessarily the same as the best way to make profit on these blockbusters. If they had been, then we would have seen Black Widow do a Mulan instead of being delayed.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite past times was going to the local indie movie theater and just tuning out the world for two hours in absolute silence. That doesn't hit the same at home with people running around.

This did wonders for my anxiety. I got to be alone all while putting my focus entirely on something else. No people, no phone, just me in my own world for 2 hours.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. People are talking like everyone watched movies in theaters at gunpoint.

While not cheap, it's an easy distraction for kids which is why kiddie movies did bank.

And while people love justifying their 136 inch OLED with Sonos sound in their mansion basements, most people don't have that kind of setup.

Choice is key. But this assumption that going to the theater sucked... One of my favorite past times was going to the local indie movie theater and just tuning out the world for two hours in absolute silence. That doesn't hit the same at home with people running around.

Most people including me is pro choise I.e. releasing movies theaters + VOD/streaming same day. However the problem that everyone sees , including the studios, is that will accelerate the end of the theaters market. And the studios fear that the profits from the streaming wouldn't be as high, so they are postponing the move.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think the best advert for the theatrical experience was Borat 2 coming out digitally this week. The first one on the big screen in a crowded theatre was one of my favourite movie-watching experiences. Watching the second one was just... fine 🤷‍♂️

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
We're not ... expecting a huge recovery in theatrical moving into the early part of next year.
Well yeah, when mass vaccination is expected to not occur until Q3 2021 or so, that seems like the proper expectation. It'll be a rough year still for theaters, but I fully expect people to rally back the second they can. We've seen this in Europe, where the moment infections were low and restrictions were loosened, all recreational activities were as popular as in 2019 and before.

It's foolish to expect the recovery to never happen, the question is simply when and to what degree and what publishers will do in between. People declaring theaters dead are beyond ignorant.

Last edited:

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Directors are responsible for the dates their films hit theatres? The things you learn on this forum.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Mulan doesn't prove anything. Being asked to pay extra on top of needing a subscription service really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Plus, Disney was vague about how long you got to keep it, plus the idea that it would just go onto the actual subscription service eventually.

Like my family was excited about Mulan and already have a Disney+ subscription, but we didn't want to support that nonsense so we skipped it. Now we don't even want to buy a copy from Amazon like we would have if they had just done that in the first place. We'll just check it out whenever it shows up on a streaming service that we have with no extra fee.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Nolan has quite some clout within Warner, and has pushed hard for it. Without him pushing, they probably would have tried it with a cheaper film.
Exactly. Some of you are acting like Nolan had no hand in WB putting Tenet in theaters. Nolan was very public in wanting Tenet to be in theaters despite COID-19 ravaging the world. It is naive to think Nolan doesn't have a lot of sway with WB decision makers. He's their star film maker that have made them a lot of money and has given their movie studio a lot of prestige. Of course they are going to listen to him and take what he want--to put Tenet in theaters--seriously.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The need for short-term cashflow is not necessarily the same as the best way to make profit on these blockbusters. If they had been, then we would have seen Black Widow do a Mulan instead of being delayed.
Except no one is talking about short-term cashflow which disney has in abundance.

Jul 10, 2020
Kinda think Disney fucked up charging 30 bucks for Mulan. That, that just wasn't it.
Yup. I think they could have had better success with Black WIdow Premium Rental.

They would have had it out, they could move forward on the MCU timeline, back-to-back with WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier wouldn't have to be delayed.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Most people including me is pro choise I.e. releasing movies theaters + VOD/streaming same day. However the problem that everyone sees , including the studios, is that will accelerate the end of the theaters market. And the studios fear that the profits from the streaming wouldn't be as high, so they are postponing the move.
I think the biggest problem is that there would be a reference quality torrent of the film available worldwide within hours of its world premiere.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I think they could have had better success with Black WIdow Premium Rental.

They would have had it out, they could move forward on the MCU timeline, back-to-back with WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier wouldn't have to be delayed.

Their messaging around Mulan was just awful.

But, I still don't see how it is possible for any movie to release digital day one and make nearly as much as it would in the traditional theater first way. Right now they get the box office, then they get the home sales. Home sales will go up if theater is cut out, but enough to cover the box office loss? No fucking way. Especially when that brings piracy into the equation. I bet Mulan did just fine on that market.

I think the biggest problem is that there would be a reference quality torrent of the film available worldwide within hours of its world premiere.

Yep. Piracy absolutely demolished the record industry. If you aren't T. Swift or Ed Sheeran, you aren't selling albums. You make your money through touring. No way movie studios look at that and think "let's give it a try!"

The only way we get day one digital is if someone comes up with a way to stop piracy. Which ain't happening.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
Exactly. Some of you are acting like Nolan had no hand in WB putting Tenet in theaters. Nolan was very public in wanting Tenet to be in theaters despite COID-19 ravaging the world. It is naive to think Nolan doesn't have a lot of sway with WB decision makers. He's their star film maker that have made them a lot of money and has given their movie studio a lot of prestige. Of course they are going to listen to him and take what he want--to put Tenet in theaters--seriously.
As far as I know, Nolan has never stated publicly he wants Tenet in theaters with COVID around. It was all never confirmed rumors Nolan pushed for it. All he ever said was that Tenet is a movie that needs to be seen in a theater.
Personally, I find it hard to believe even someone like Nolan can convince a studio to release their 200 million dollar movie whenever he wants. There is too much money on the line. Warner would never release Tenet at the time they did if they didn't think there was a good chance of it succeeding. It was a reasonable gamble that (so far) did not pay off. Also, it's worth noting Nolan has a back-end payment deal, which means he gets a certain percentage of the gross or profits. That means Nolan had an interest in releasing the movie in a good time for it to make a lot of money.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

People that watch pirated movies will always do it. Nowadays there are people that watch low quality cam recorders of the movies.... That is not a market to aim now. There is a sizable part of the audience that will pay to watch the recent movies at home.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
The industry moves so far have been awful. Disney with Mulan is an example. Vague terms about the ownership/renting of the movie, needing a sub a top of the rental, plus telling it will be available for free after 3 months. Mulan is a movie people can wait. Try to do the same with Black Window following a release of Falcon&WW. Tell people that in s few months the movie will be free but F&WW is tied to the movie. A lot of people will want to see the movie before watching F&WW and that is a clear motivation. People don't wait to wait and be spoiled on the MCU train.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The part of this industry I fear for is the special effects studios. They already where often getting the short end of the stick and if big movies have to downscale because of a streaming focus I fear special effects will be the first thing to be cut.

Jul 10, 2020
It's interesting in retrospect how movie studios, theaters, the industry didn't have a Plan B.

They always just assumed that movie theaters would always be open, people would always want to go to them and content would always flow.

They can plan out 30 years of Star Wars, DC, Marvel and Avatar sequels but never stopped to think about something like this.

Granted nobody ever perdicts a once-in-a-hundred year killer flu pandemic, but you gotta have a plan for something right?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The industry moves so far have been awful. Disney with Mulan is an example. Vague terms about the ownership/renting of the movie, needing a sub a top of the rental, plus telling it will be available for free after 3 months. Mulan is a movie people can wait. Try to do the same with Black Window following a release of Falcon&WW. Tell people that in s few months the movie will be free but F&WW is tied to the movie. A lot of people will want to see the movie before watching F&WW and that is a clear motivation. People don't wait to wait and be spoiled on the MCU train.

I felt the problem here was they want their cake and eat it too. Push Disney +, get premium rental money, etc.

At this juncture if they treated it like a real movie release just on a various VOD channels not tied to Disney it would have done its numbers. You do your normal MCU tie ins with Taco bell or whatever, throw commercials online and network tv, sports etc. Obviously in the new normal it all will have to get tweaked, but that Mulan shit was random as fuck where someone like me who wanted to watch it had no clue wtf was going on, lol.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Crazy idea - set it up so that you pay cinema chains the equivalent of a film ticket, and get access to a streamed version of the film. It's valid for a set showing time only.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Kinda think Disney fucked up charging 30 bucks for Mulan. That, that just wasn't it.

The experiment itself was a great idea. It didn't need to be a smash hit or a huge failure to get data they can use.

It's probable they got the metrics they needed from the beta test. Now we wait and see what those metrics mean. So far, Soul was announced as included with Disney+ and Disney announced a huge company re-org to focus on streaming.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People that watch pirated movies will always do it. Nowadays there are people that watch low quality cam recorders of the movies.... That is not a market to aim now. There is a sizable part of the audience that will pay to watch the recent movies at home.

Piracy will absolutely go up for movies that release day one digital. Yes, some people watch shitty cam versions of films, but not enough to really effect box office numbers. Having a pirated version be a perfect copy of the original day one will obviously attract more people.

Currently piracy effects the home market more than the box office. But, cutting out the box office nearly entirely then pools all the customers together into one batch only, and offers perfect piracy to that whole batch.

Even removing piracy from the equation, I just don't know how you ever make the math work out. Right now you have Audience A go the theater to see a movie. Then Audience B buys/rents the movie when it releases physically/digitally. Combine those and you have the total money a movie made. But, now there is only Group B. Even if B grows, does it grow enough to cover the original A+B combined? Doubtful, especially when you consider Group B was probably mostly made up of people from Group A originally. You essentially cut those peoples spending in half giving it to them in one go, instead of making them double dip for the theater and home experience.

Someone is going to try again with a clearer message and hopefully a better movie than Mulan. And we'll see. But, I just find it improbable that these movies that are expected to make a billion dollars at the box office alone will ever do well enough digitally to satisfy studios.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Someone is going to try again with a clearer message and hopefully a better movie than Mulan. And we'll see. But, I just find it improbable that these movies that are expected to make a billion dollars at the box office alone will ever do well enough digitally to satisfy studios.

They will not but studios have to adapt their expectations and movie budgets as well. This will be the new normal for at least 1 1/2 to 2 years. Theaters will be back but we are not sure when and at which capacity. The public may swift. It seems that the industry is just hiding their heads on the sand and hoping for the best but it is increasing annoying the potential audience and market. By the time Tenet is release here I will not want to see anymore. Will I go to theaters to see WW when it is released or just wait a few more months to have a home release? I will already waited 2 years by them, 2 more months will be nothing.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love going to the theater and it's only in the last couple years I realized how much I enjoy sitting down with a bag of popcorn for 2+ hours of stuff on the screen to fly by. I have a theater a 5 minute walk from my house that I never took full advantage of and last summer I decided I'd just start watching something every month on my own (I have a bunch of friends but most of them will only go to see the latest marvel movie and nothing else). This streak ended this year with Sonic the Hedgehog of all things , I almost saw Onward as well but it's release landed within the same 2 weeks that everything went to shit and Disney quickly announced it'd be on plus within 6 weeks. I ended up seeing it on plus instead but, honestly ? it wasn't the same. Streaming video is massive downgrade from a movie theater in terms of picture and audio quality and it's even almost as much of a step down as watching something on youtube instead of bluray disc with a home market comparison. I'll happily watch stuff on streaming services if given no other option but it's hardly a replacement you know ? for some reason the quality difference doesn't bother me as much for TV series or even say "netflix originals". It's mostly just the big hollywood movies. I've gone out of my way for most of my life to watch them on the big screen and if I enjoy them, I bought the DVD (prior to 2004) or the blu-ray (2007+) to watch them at home, maybe listen to a commentary track or check out hours of special features....

Point is , I consider myself an "enjoyer of the cinema" even if my taste is largely on the side of "will watch anything with an explosion or a dracula" I still watch and enjoy a fair amount of movies every year. The loss of the theater since March has 100% incurred a negative impact on my mood in the intervening months , so much so that I was one of the apparently tiny amount of people that braved the theater to watch Tenet a few weeks back. The experience of going to watch it , I'd almost describe like going to the moon, it was weird , I felt guilty about even going and there was almost no one in the entire multiplex that day , to the extent that I asked myself multiple times "who is making money here , anyone ? ". I'd used the local theaters online booking system to buy myself a seat as I usually would but , out of 268 seats in the MAIN auditorium , only 60 were available for sale, each pair of seats 6+ feet away from any other. I decided to try an afternoon showing. Upon arriving at the theater there were 0 other people in the lobby. None, only 2 staff behind the counter and only 1 concession even open. My ticket wasn't even checked, I imagine the staff assumed that no one would bother to show up if they hadn't bought a ticket before hand (although they did do on site sales). Sitting down in the theater I was only of 6 people scattered to the winds that eventually showed up. I mean you don't have to be a math genius to know those numbers don't work for anyone. I had checked seat availability the previous night (which I believe was a friday) and they'd sold about half the available tickets. 30. 20% capacity is one thing right ? if they sold out every single showing of every single movie and everyone who came in the theater bought a beverage and a popcorn , it MIGHT almost be like a break even situation , maybe in a world that didn't rush to open everything up so fast without more regulation , they could have operated for a couple months like this and word of mouth about "yeah going to a theater felt safe" might have lead to a partial recovery had the release pipeline continued. That world doesn't exist though. Only big cinema fans like myself bothered to go and as it turns out that only lead to 1/4- 1/2 of seats selling... of 20% capacity. And many of those weren't spending 15-20$ at the concession either, opting evenmoreso to just sneak a beverage in from home to avoid as many points of contact as possible. The family audience of Mom/Dad/2kids just stayed home too. All single men and women with a few younger couples trying to have a date.

So a theater that might have sold 200+ tickets for 6 showings a night across 2 screens over 2 weeks , selling 12,500 tickets in pre-covid times. They're now selling only 1200 or so tickets. Add to that that ticket gross is weighed heavily for distribution and studios for the first month and you're left with a situation where the exhibitor is actually losing more money being open to show Tenet than they would have lost had they just stayed closed. People on average don't feel safe going to the movies right now and given that we're now riding a second wave in most of the world (or just another hump if you're unfortunate enough to be in the US) , there's no way this changes for MONTHS. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I don't think the theatrical experience will be safely normal for 2-3 more YEARS. Yes, actual years. Vaccines may start trickling out 10-18 months from now but it's going to take 12 months for them to be delivered widely enough to start lowering R to be lower than 1 on a consistent basis. Not everyone will be able to get a shot , not everyone will want a shot and as re-infection is a thing , it's far more likely that society as a whole will have to ride it out and hope it mutates until it's substantially less lethal while at the same time many rounds of vaccination slowly remove all but the worst clusters of infection from the world.

Even the best case scenario , that we can safely trickle out vaccines 6 months from and my whole rant above plays out over 6 months instead of 2 years means that exhibitors will have to pretty much shutter their cinemas until Next November. 12 months with 0 income , 12 months that their former staff will go find something else for work. 12 months that these structures are largely left to the elements.

And so , I come full circle here back to the studios who are left crying they made a billion less revenue than normal. I've much less sympathy there , the simple fact is that despite being a let down , Tenet still just barely made it's money back. No one walked away rich but they didn't take a bath and that was a safe a rollout as they could muster. It *WAS* however; done at the expense of exhibitors losing money hand over fist which will make it harder for them to go into hybernation in the minimal 1 year wait before things stand to get safer/better. These studios have followed the same business model for 26 years now. Make a HUGE expensive movie, spend the same amount again marketing it and shoot for the moon. In the late 90's they were made with the intent of costing 100 million dollars and making 250 million back world wide. 10 years later , they cost 150 million and hoped for 750 million. Now , 10 years after that they cost 250 million + to make and they all want a BILLION world wide. Without exhibitors running full steam ahead and a populace who feels safe sitting in a cinema for 2-3 hours , you will NEVER make a billion off a single movie ever again. These studios will have to change focus for awhile yet, spending 250 million on a movie and then marketing it for an *additional* 250 million for a 500 million dollar investment ? yeah that's just not going to cut it any longer. I'm not exactly shedding a tear over here for the rich investors in this racket but , they might have to accept that any films already in the can are a lost cause. Figure out how to put them out digitally for a couple months and then just bring out the bluray. You will NOT make as much money over this release cycle. Piracy will happen much faster as soon as you make a digital version available. But, I see it as - low risk , unlike exhibitors you don't have to pay a bunch of people to run a theater. You can just toss up a file on a service (this isn't free but it's not losing money every hour like a theater would). Wonder Woman '84 ? Certainly WB bet the farm on this one , they figured 2020 would be an "off year" for marvel films (and they were probably right, even in a non covid universe) so they were hedging their bets on a billion dollar box office. They delayed the movie from last November thinking it'd do much better as a Summer Tentpole, I think there may have been some better VFX done too. Point is they gambled hard on making another 100+ million by delaying it to the summer and covid meant instead they made nothing. The marketing budget was already spent though, a pepsi co-promotion rolled out in time for the films original release date , TV /online ads popped up and here we are a few months later with a still tentative date , rumors of a streaming co-launch and a film that sadly feels like it already came out for a general audience even though no one got to see it. I'm using WW84 as an example but the potential zeitgeist for that film has come and gone. You aren't going to be able to re-launch it 2 years from now , studios are largely still attempting to keep churning out films and banking them for when it's safe which means whenever that happens , whatever the exhibitor landscape looks like , competition is going to be the highest it's been possibly ever. The average movie goer will go watch the biggest newest film out there , not some wonder woman film that was supposed to come out 2 years ago.

So what do you do ? you suck it up and just release a lot of these movies, in countries where it's safe to do so and exhibitors can actually keep the doors open you go ahead and do a small release. Anywhere else ? you pretty much have to sell a fancy digital copy early. Don't expect people will happily pay 30 bucks on top of their subscription fees to see a first run release (even if I feel that price is fine for what you get if directly compared to a theater experience for a group of 4 people). Sell a rental for 10$ a watch (with a 24 hour window) or for 30$ you get access to a full digital copy of the film complete with whatever features that entails as soon as they're available (so it's like you're buying a bluray early). 2 months after this soft rollout, launch a regular digital copy / bluray disc and 6 months after this roll out, it's free to stream on at least one service. I'm willing to bet that even WW84 could make more money than Tenet if it was dropped like this. Would it make a billion dolllars in 3 months ? probably not. It would make half of that I bet and for a while I think studios are going to have start realizing that half is better than 0 or the negative word of mouth that comes with your film being associated with theaters going out of business forever.

My final point here - a lot of movie theaters are going to die in the coming weeks and months. They won't come back. What I do see happening in a post-covid world is upstarts coming in and buying out any abandoned theaters, refurbishing them and re-opening them under new names and slowly but surely if it's something people want to go back to , they will. This is 2-3 years down the road though, so in the meantime I hope studios suck up the loss of "weh weh my movie won't make a billion now" and just enjoy the 500-700 million they can make on digital home and physical home release. Cut the budgets of future films to make this sustainable and *WHEN* things get better you can slowly try to aim higher again if it's safe and profitable. For now I'd love if I could just watch new movies in any way, I'll happily go back to the theater when it's safe so long as someone allows it to exist.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just rich people wanting us poors to die for thier "art".

Art is code for money.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively, Tenet would have failed as well on VOD. It is not like Dunkirk made that much more than Tenet did.
I really don't agree. Dunkirk didn't do as well as Nolan's films usually do, but that is because it wasn't in his usual sci-fi wheelhouse. And that said, it still made 200 MILLION more than Tenet has. That is an absolutely massive amount of money, even in the film industry. Especially given the cost of these movies. It's the difference between a film profiting or not.
It simply wasn't very good and wasn't helped by the talent and production offending over Hong Kong and Xinjiang. If it was pandering to mainland China then it did a pretty poor job there too with the all white creative leads who made pretty poor choices.

I don't think any releases VOD have been home runs though, even Trolls was only passable really. Compared that with cinemas bouncing back in Asian countries that have kept COVID under control. Tenet would done better if the US succeeded in the same way.

Mulan absolutely was made to pander to China, like I said -- it just backfired on them. And I assure you it had nothing to do with the creative leads being white, that isn't something China cares about at all.

To Western audiences it was clear this was not a remake of Disney's Mulan, but something more in the vein of the The Great Wall. They went to pretty good lengths to make clear that they weren't bringing back the songs from the original, Mushu wasn't a dragon, and the story in general was following the more classic tale rather than the Disney version. All of those aspects turned away the more typical "Disney fan" who blindly sees the other recent live-action (or "live-action") remakes that Disney has been doing.

Again, it's all about the film itself and the cost. Similarly, were people really excited about Trolls? No. The only movies that can/will succeed in a paid for VOD model are the big films everyone is anticipating. The Marvel/DC movies, Mission Impossible, James Bond. Anything like that. Will they actually put them up as VOD purchases? Right now, no. They are all delusional thinking they'll be able to be back on the normal schedule early next year. But realistically theatres aren't getting back to stable profit numbers until the end of 2021/beginning of 2022. And as soon as the studios truly start to acknowledge that we may see them change their tune on at least a few of these.

And of course it goes without saying that if the US kept the virus under control we wouldn't be where we are and Tenet would have had a normal successful domestic theatrical run. But that's not where we're at now.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Big budget movie logical path: extended drive-in theatrical run. Premium cost streaming after via services like AMC online. Platform of choice after 4-6 months. If it means that I get to go see Marvel movies in Drive-Thru, then pay to see it after 2 months on AMC online or something, then own it digital or watch on D+ after 4 months, I'd be all for that. Everybody wins.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Big budget movie logical path: extended drive-in theatrical run. Premium cost streaming after via services like AMC online. Platform of choice after 4-6 months. If it means that I get to go see Marvel movies in Drive-Thru, then pay to see it after 2 months on AMC online or something, then own it digital or watch on D+ after 4 months, I'd be all for that. Everybody wins.

Drive-thru are not available everywhere. If you release a movie exclusively on them for 2 months you are begging for piracy.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Mulan doesn't prove anything. Being asked to pay extra on top of needing a subscription service really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Hard disagree. Expecting a theater movie to be on a streaming service day 1 is preposterous.

The problem was the fee they demanded was beyond overpriced.