• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
so much marve/disney ass lickers. they're corporations, and only care about profits. same with sony. and apparently same with his daughter. why is she demonized but not them.
Because she reportedly abused Stan to make money off of him and the only one claiming that about Disney/Marvel is her in addition to the corporation vs daughter thing.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so much marve/disney ass lickers. they're corporations, and only care about profits. same with sony. and apparently same with his daughter. why is she demonized but not them.
From everything we have been shown they didn't treat him like trash compared to how she has treated him.
Because she reportedly abused Stan to make money off of him and the only one claiming that about Disney/Marvel is her in addition to the corporation vs daughter thing.
Exactly

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User banned (3 days): misrepresenting and antagonizing users over multiple posts
Disney to Sony: We want 50% of day 1 profits, 45% more than our current contract with you guys
Sony: No
Fans: 'Fuck you Sony', 'Arrogant Sony', 'Let's boycott Sony products' etc etc

---

Stand Lee's Daughter: No one could have treated my father worse the Marvel and Disney execs
Fans: She's a garbage person herself, everyone ignore her

Damn. Don't mess with Disney/Marvel fans.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Disney to Sony: We want 50% of day 1 profits, 45% more than our current contract with you guys

---

Stand Lee's Daughter: No one could have treated my father worse the Marvel and Disney execs

She's an abuser that literally bled him dry. Shes a garbage person

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
He was so furious with the way they were handling his legacy that he only appeared in every single movie.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

---

What a stupid fucking analogy especially since no one here has even defended Disney or Marvel and have instead pointed out what a horrible person she is.

Try better next time instead of shit posting

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"they have commoditized my father's work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. "

C'mon. STAN LEE commoditized his work for decades, and Marvel continued to do so with his work decades after he scaled back involvement. Sony did that long before Disney started making Marvel movies.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

---

Since none of y'all are bothering to read the THR link, perhaps this quote should be added to the OP, so we don't get flooded with low quality drive-bys like, "Don't mess with Disney fans."

She was a horrible person to her father.

The comic book legend — whose creative tenure at the helm of Marvel Comics beginning in New York in the early 1960s spawned Spider-Man, Black Panther and the X-Men and laid the foundation for superhero dominance in Hollywood that continues with the April 27 release of Avengers: Infinity War — sat in the office of his attorney Tom Lallas and signed a blistering declaration.

The Feb. 13 document, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, begins with some background, explaining that Lee and his late wife had arranged a trust for their daughter because she had trouble supporting herself and often overspent. "It is not uncommon for J.C. to charge, in any given month, $20,000 to $40,000 on credit cards, sometimes more," the document states. It goes on to describe how, when he and his daughter disagree — "which is often" — she "typically yells and screams at me and cries hysterically if I do not capitulate."

Lee explains that J.C. will, "from time to time," demand changes to her trust, including the transfer of properties into her name. He has resisted such changes, he states, because they "would greatly increase the likelihood of her greatest fear: that after my death, she will become homeless and destitute."

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, there's a lot of accusations surrounding her exploiting her dad, so it's hard to take her complaints too seriously.

On the other, it's no secret Disney treats the people who created the Marvel characters and stories they're making billions off like shit. Jim Starlin, the guy who fucking created Thanos, received more royalties from KGBeast's appearance in Batman v Superman than he has from Disney building basically their entire universe around his creation.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017

because by all intents and purposes they actually did pretty well by Stan in the capacity they actually had to do, and because she's not Stan's freaking kid, and because she abused him, and because she tried to sell his blood.

They screwed over other creatives in their history, yes, but Stan Lee actually got treated pretty damn well by the company.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Whether it's Sony or someone else's, the continued evolution of Stan's characters and his legacy deserves multiple points of view,"
That seems like a ridiculous position, if you ask me.

Picture for a moment, that Marvel Comics was going through some tough times financially, and at their lowest point they sold the rights to Spiderman's comic books to DC Comics, or Image, or Dark Horse, or whoever. And at first that seemed really cool, but then DC/Image/Dark Horse/whoever fucked it up, and a rescued/recovered Marvel Comics stepped back in with an offer to do what they do best, make good new Spiderman comics, while DC/Image/Dark Horse/whoever could still be allowed to own Spiderman. They can work together.

And now picture, that agreement was working out nicely, until Marvel Comics offered to deepen their friendship. Marvel offers to share in the financial risks and rewards on Spiderman, while increasing the number of books they're putting out, to increase profit for everyone across the board.

DC/Image/Dark Horse/whoever says "No!" because Spiderman is generally profitable, so any offer to share in the risks and rewards is obviously a good deal for the person asking, and DC/Image/Dark Horse/whoever wants to go back to fucking up Spiderman by themselves.

Stan Lee's daughter thinks this breakup is a good thing because "multiple points of view"? She likes Amazing Spiderman 2. She likes Fan4stic. She likes X-Men Origins Dark Phoenix. These are the kinds of comic book movies Stan Lee deserves, ones with diversity in their awfulness, not that film-industry-shattering "Avengers" bullshit with consistent quality levels and ongoing storylines and fun crossovers. I mean, what kind of a legacy is that?

I mean, Spidey in the MCU didn't even stop an amazing movie like Into the Spiderverse from getting made, so I don't see any sort of "diversity benefit" from pulling Spidey out of the MCU.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Because she wasn't a great daughter doesn't dismiss her claims Disney also treated him badly. She obviously went a bit hyperbole with the 'no on treated my father worse' because of recent events.
What claims? She didn't say anything specifc besides Disney not calling an accused abuser after Stans death. There is enough terrible shit Disney did on record that you don't need to prop up an abuser to call them out.
"When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me," Lee said. "From day one, they have commoditized my father's work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney's executives."

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Wait what? She needs to back up that accusation with some more examples if she wants anyone to take it seriously.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Because she wasn't a great daughter doesn't dismiss her claims Disney also treated him badly. She obviously went a bit hyperbole with the 'no on treated my father worse' because of recent events.
Because (and this is not a defense of Disney I don't know why anything that isn't attacking them is all of a sudden the other) Disney really had nothing to do with Stan, by the time they bought marvel Lee had been far removed as anything but a figurehead who received profits unlike anyone else of his generation of creators and the famous byline and all in contracts that were set in stone, so by the time the mouse was involved they literally had no responsibilty or connections to the man beyond his being a figurehead, and from everything I have seen from the tributes, their recognition of his stature and his guaranteed camo's in anything Marvel (including the PS4 Spider-Man game) says they respected and treated pretty damn well someone they actually had no responsibility too yet have gone out of their way in the not that really long amount of time of owning the company to make sure his image and name were intertwined inseparablely from the legacy of the Marvel company.

Stillmatic

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What claims? She didn't say anything specifc besides Disney not calling an accused abuser after Stans death. There is enough terrible shit Disney did on record that you don't need to prop up an abuser to call them out.
I'm not 'propping' up anyone. I simply pointed out how ridiculous fans have responded the last couple of days over the Spiderman thing (everyone jumping on Sony), and on this (everyone jumping on her). It's very simple, look at the behavior and responses. Super defensive, dismissive and attacking.

and that's me out. I have work to do.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not 'propping' up anyone. I simply pointed out how ridiculous fans have responded the last couple of days over the Spiderman thing (everyone jumping on Sony), and on this (everyone jumping on her). It's very simple, look at the behavior and responses. Super defensive, dismissive and attacking.

The reaction only seems weird if you have zero clue who she is or what she's done.

Oct 25, 2017

---

Wow just wow.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yet none of that fan shit you're accusing people of doing has anything to do with this thread. No one here has actually defended Disney or Marvel. So what you did, as well as several others in this thread, is come in here mouthing off as If you have something relevant to say but, instead, the only reaction you elicited was annoyance and making your ass jealous of the shit that came out of your mouth

Oct 27, 2017
The elder abuse defense force can get fucked. No one cares about your pathetic lifetime war with Disney/Marvel/Sony, she is a disgusting person and so are you for trying to give that shit a free pass so you can have more "ammo" for your stupid internet arguments.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

---

Imagine stanning for a woman that neglects her own father to the point of abuse.

Imagine being this much of an asshole...

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

So silly.

On topic:

Elder abuse is real yall. Part of the reason why I walked away from working in nursing homes.