• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.cnbc.com

Chris Christie tells Trump to end election lawsuits, calls his legal team 'national embarrassment'

Christie described Trump's legal team as a "national embarrassment" and Powell's explosive claims as "outrageous conduct."
President Donald Trump's confidant former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Sunday that the president should end his legal fights challenging the results of the election and concede to president-elect Joe Biden.

"Listen, I've been a supporter of the president, I voted for him twice but elections have consequences and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen," Christie explained on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos."

"They allege fraud outside of the courtroom but when they go inside the courtroom they don't plead fraud and they don't argue fraud," Christie said, adding "you have an obligation to present the evidence, the evidence has not been presented."
The Trump campaign and its allies now have lost or withdrawn more than 30 lawsuits that were part of that effort.

Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell listed a slew of allegations of fraud during an interview on Newsmax TV on Saturday. Powell alleged that Republican Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp may have been involved in kickbacks to public officials but gave no details.

"Sidney Powell accusing Governor Brian Kemp of a crime on television yet being on unwilling to go on TV and defend and lay out the evidence that she supposedly has" is "outrageous conduct," Christie said.

The former governor and federal prosecutor slammed Trump's legal team as a "national embarrassment."

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to attack his weight before Monday morning now, isn't he? :/

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Now it's just the Trump's and Rudy. I'm guessing Rudy knows he's fucked by a number of things after Biden takes office including bribing Ukraine.

Oh and the super far right ancient aliens news channels.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Chris Christie is a shit bag to anyone that pays attention, but to people barely paying attention he was one of the last moderates in Trump's inner circle.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Chris Christie. Anyone who helped enable this administration doesn't have the right to complain.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Dude sent Christie to the hospital with Covid, and he still voted for the idiot in chief.

Dudes are idiots

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I'm sure Christie will simply take back his statement or make some BS clarification or excuse that his statement was out of context and not actually what he meant.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
"Listen, I've been a supporter of the president, I voted for him twice but elections have consequences and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen," Christie explained

And you wonder why Trump doesn't listen to you? Your votes have consequences, and one of them is Trump continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Person stabbed in the back by Trump shits on him after he no longer has to suck up to him. A tale as old as time.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Reminder: Don't praise Republicans for taking weeks to finally say Trump lost.

Oh for sure. Doubly so for Chris Christie.

He's been kissing Trump's ass at every opportunity for the past four years. This isn't him developing a spine, this is him recognising the split in the Republican party being caused by the refusal to concede and realising that he might never have any kind of power ever again in future.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Everyone is right to bash christie, but hopefully we see more Republicans coming on the record to say "pack it up Trump you lost".

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A national embarrassment that's causing tremendous damage to the country.

If you never dip a toe into right-wing echo chambers (and I wouldn't blame you for avoiding them) there are people who are absolutely convinced that Trump is the real winner, that he won by a landslide, and evidence of the greatest crime in human political history is imminently about to be revealed to the world.

Oh, and the fact that no reputable news sources are reporting any of this is evidence that they are right, because they've automatically discounted reputable media as fake news.

I have no idea what they will do when Biden is inaugurated.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
ah it's the one day of the year where chris christie is not the biggest idiot in the world.
i look forward to next year's wonderful chris christie day.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Chris Christie, wasn't he Trump's burger-errand boy?

He can bugger off, he endorsed Trump after all the shit thrown at him in the 2016 primaries and not getting the government position he wanted because of Kushner. And even then he still bent the knee and said NOTHING over the years, and even voted for him again.

Oh, and the kicker is that he got Covid most likely due to the debate training sessions they were doing together. And we know how that debate went, widely regarded as the worst debate from a sitting President in HISTORY. For nothing else, I'd have turned against Trump after he put me in the ICU.

Gutless prick deserves humiliation.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
A national embarrassment that's causing tremendous damage to the country.

If you never dip a toe into right-wing echo chambers (and I wouldn't blame you for avoiding them) there are people who are absolutely convinced that Trump is the real winner, that he won by a landslide, and evidence of the greatest crime in human political history is imminently about to be revealed to the world.

Oh, and the fact that no reputable news sources are reporting any of this is evidence that they are right, because they've automatically discounted reputable media as fake news.

i would suggest looking at posts at the "old place" to see this shit in action

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I voted for the known demagogue twice, but he should stop acting like a demagogue.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
He's wrong. It's not a national embarrassment.

It's an international one.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
While Chris Christie has no sway with anyone it's notable for him to say this publicly as he's considered a member of Trump's inner circle. It would be like Kellyanne Conway coming out and saying the same thing.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Now it's just the Trump's and Rudy. I'm guessing Rudy knows he's fucked by a number of things after Biden takes office including bribing Ukraine.

Oh and the super far right ancient aliens news channels.
Yeah, can't imagine how it feels when you spend years going after someone's only son (after his previous one died from brain cancer) and smearing his name and that said individual ends up becoming the most powerful man in the world.

I'd do anything in my power from keeping that to happen too.

Knowing very well he will have access to every little dirty trick you tried

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Christie can fuck off.

But I do like seeing more and more Republicans going against Trump. Splitting that party's base into two can only help us in future elections.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
He caught COVID from Trump, almost died, yet still voted for him.

cuck

Oct 27, 2017
This is my takeaway. I thought I could predict what would happen, Trump would drop out in 2016 before he was elected, he would be removed from office through impeachment, the vast majority of Americans would turn on him.

I just don't know anymore, I'm going in blind

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
His legal team is a national embarassment... "Or to use his given name, Rudy".

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Christie can fuck off.

But I do like seeing more and more Republicans going against Trump. Splitting that party's base into two can only help us in future elections.
^ Yup to both. This kind of thing is like setting a match to baby Trump's short fuse. The more ugly remarks he makes in public about prominent Republicans he feels are betraying and humiliating him, the better for America.

Countdown to Trump rage tweet...