• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the farmers will still vote GOP so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Don't look at the stocks.

....oh the country is fucked.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, completely as in they're going to stop buying ALL U.S. agricultural products?

Jesus Christ

Well, the typical conservative American should be pretty happy about this. Who wants foreign money anyway? American goods should be for Americans, not some colored degenerates on the other side of the world that don't even use dollars! USAUSAUSA!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The rural Midwest is dead. It's never coming back and it only took Trump 2 years to kill it and yet it'll still vote for him. The Dust Bowl will look a mere bump in the road in comparison to what he's done

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
This move actually puts China into a pretty precarious position considering they have to import a shitton of food.

I guess they're counting on not having any global crises screwing up their current food supply

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Made your bed, rural America. Time to lie in it.

Maybe vote better next time and you wont lose the farm.

You say this but there was an article just a few weeks ago about how farmers are making way more money in the poorly managed relief funds (like 2-3x what they would've made) that trump is giving out, basically you're paying farmers about 3 dollars from your federal taxes for every dollar they lose in the trade war with china.

They'll be happy to vote for Trump again.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I can support this Midwestern welfare state. These farmers taking handouts while us city folk struggle to pay rent.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Like, now would be a great time to join the tpp dude

It's explicitly stuff like this why we wanted to get into it

Last edited:

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the typical conservative American should be pretty happy about this. Who wants foreign money anyway? American goods should be for Americans, not some colored degenerates on the other side of the world that don't even use dollars! USAUSAUSA!

Hope they like saying that as the state repossess their land because those "colored people" stop buying their products, and end up living in cardboard houses.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
This move actually puts China into a pretty precarious position considering they have to import a shitton of food.

I guess they're counting on not having any global crises screwing up their current food supply

Considering how much food is wasted in China and the world, I think they can be a bit frugal. The amount of resources that goes into world agriculture probably can feed the world multiple times over.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Well by buying from us, haven't they already been importing? It appears that they're just buying from other countries to replace what they were getting from the US by buying from Brazil and Russia.

kitress

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You say this but there was an article just a few weeks ago about how farmers are making way more money in the poorly managed relief funds (like 2-3x what they would've made) that trump is giving out, basically you're paying farmers about 3 dollars from your federal taxes for every dollar they lose in the trade war with china.

Interesting. What's this article? Thanks.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Get fucked Soy farmers.

Ahhhhh dangit. This again? It makes sense. The first to complain about being on the gov'ts tit is always the one hogging it.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this on FB. A former co-worker, who has family that are farmers in the midwest.

"A middleman will just buy the crops at a slight discount then, then sell to China, thus avoiding tariffs. It'll be fine."

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Well by buying from us, haven't they already been importing? It appears that they're just buying from other countries to replace what they were getting from the US by buying from Brazil and Russia.

As long as major food shortages don't happen in either of those countries, it should work out for China.

It's just a bit of a precarious position

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
cover2.jpg

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These dumb Trump farmers are going to get bailed out again. They will forget all their tough talk about personal responsibility and handouts.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
the good news is I finally decided to get started on my retirement by opening up a Roth IRA and investing in index funds. The bad news is that I did this on Friday

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
the good news is I finally decided to get started on my retirement by opening up a Roth IRA and investing in index funds. The bad news is that I did this on Friday
Meh. You're buying lower and I'd assume you have a number of decades to weather these storms. My stuff is in 100% stock index funds but I have at least 30 years before retirement. So just letting it ride.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"This is just another nail in the coffin," Tyler Stafslien, a North Dakota-based soybean farmer, told Yahoo Finance. "To see this thing only seems to be getting worse rather than better is very concerning, and the American taxpayers may have to foot another round of funding if this keeps up — or we could see a ton of farmers' loss throughout this nation."
Nah, you can go fuck yourself, buddy. Go find your handouts elsewhere.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Xi is counting on Trump losing support and an election, something he doesn't have to ever worry about. I honestly think he'd let his people starve in the streets before he takes this L. Trump would probably do the same but doesn't have the timetable or the military-backed goodwill to keep people from rioting.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Why would a country like China ever trust the United States again after this nonsense?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Dow Futures are back even to slightly up from being down nearly 600 points. Not sure with a spiraling out of control trade war, it's reacting positively now, but there you go. Maybe not another bad stock day tomorrow.