• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Great news.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
denzel-relieved.gif

But yeah, they're definitely getting daily tests at this point. They likely have been for a while now.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Would have been very unlikely for him to get it from Trump, but this reassurance is absolutely welcomed news.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Trump is lying again i bet

he doesn't want to face:
- his comments on white supremacy
- another losing debate
- taxes
- etc

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

he doesn't want to face:
- another losing debate
- taxes
- etc

being absent from the campaign trail for two weeks in october is a death knell for him.

plus, trump postures himself as the big strongman. this attacks that image directly. for his own sake, he'll want to get better and come out of this on the 15th, and not have it drag on closer to the election.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I guess we're still in the period where we can't be 100% sure, but this does take some of the weight off my mind.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
He was at a pretty safe distance all the time. So would be weird if he was infected on stage. Dont know what happens behind the scenes tho

Yeah you are forgetting about they coming into contact with the same people. Also the aerosol can get to Biden from there. Especially with Trump literally spitting out his "words".

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
At least for now, but def will need to be tested more and more to be sure, but looks like the guy who wears the biggest mask ever should be okay lol

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Good news, but hard to take at face value. Plenty of time for him to develop it and false negative COVID tests are surprisingly common.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Biden is so much stronger physically than Trump and has much better genes so it makes sense that he would be spared this despite facing off against super spreader Trump.

All digs at Trump aside this is fantastic news.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

he doesn't want to face:
- another losing debate
- taxes
- etc

Think this through

The man claimed it was a hoax, it would go away, it's non issue for months. Now he has it and has to disappear from the campaign he's is losing for weeks this close to election. How you can interpret this as anything but weakness and a loss is beyond me.

He's been deflecting and ignoring scandals for the last 5 years. His base doesn't care about the stuff you posted

Last edited:

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
being absent from the campaign trail for two weeks in october is a death knell for him.

plus, trump postures himself as the big strongman. this attacks that image directly. for his own sake, he'll want to get better and come out of this on the 15th, and not have it drag on closer to the election.

You're more hopeful and positive than me and I hope you are right. With his physical condition and if he does have covid, I don't see how he can shake it in 2 weeks.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
The optics here are great. I imagine if this was reversed trump would be shouting endlessly how they both went in to the same place but somehow Joe got it because of his declining health

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Also from the article:
Biden's running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris left Washington at midday bound for Las Vegas, where she has an event later today.

Harris was tested for Covid-19 on Thursday, and she tested negative, campaign aides said. She also tested negative Friday.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
It's true that people take several days to manifest symptoms but a negative test is still good news given people can be virus-positive prior to clinical symptoms. Agreed we need more negative tests for the next several days.

he doesn't want to face:
- another losing debate
- taxes
- etc
Let's not indulge in left wing conspiracy theorism, there's enough of that shit on the right.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't change over the coming days. The next 2 weeks are going to be tense for Biden and the team but as long as they're sensible they'll be prepared and pull through in case the situation changes. Covid can remain hidden for quite some time before people test positive and show symptoms but they know that.

Can't say the same for Trump's lot however, I bet they're panicking right now.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The optics here are great. I imagine if this was reversed trump would be shouting endlessly how they both went in to the same place but somehow Joe got it because of his declining health
As much as it would be in poor taste, I feel it's imperative for Biden to make some remark that makes Trump look weak for contracting COVID.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
He was at a pretty safe distance all the time. So would be weird if he was infected on stage. Dont know what happens behind the scenes tho

DONALD-TRUMP-JOE-BIDEN-VOTE-WELLS-SEPT29.jpg

Covid is believed now to spread by aeresol as well as droplets, so given how long they were in that room together it was still a concern (and will remain so for a few days, I assume he'll test everyday for a week or so)

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Good, but like others have said, we won't know if he has caught it at the debate until next week. Let's hope his team kept and will continue to keep him safe.