• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/04/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-cloud-gaming-on-september-15/
Today we're excited to share more about what you can expect. Beginning September 15, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play more than 100 games from the cloud on their Android phone or tablet. Cloud gaming will launch in beta for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in 22 markets to ensure stability as we scale the feature to millions of gamers.
To enhance the mobile gaming experience, we're partnering with Razer, PowerA, 8BitDo, and Nacon to create all-new accessories specifically designed for cloud gaming. These include different types of phone clips that adapt to a wide range of devices, travel controllers that fit in any bag, and exclusive Xbox-branded controllers that split apart and attach to the side of your phone. You can also play with your Xbox One Bluetooth Wireless and PlayStation DualShock 4 controllers.
The service will launch in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States -- with more countries to follow over time.
  • Ark: Survival Evolved
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Costume Quest 2
  • Crackdown 3 (campaign)
  • Destiny 2
  • F1 2019
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears 5 Ultimate Edition
  • Grounded
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Killer Instinct Definitive Edition
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Quantum Break
  • ReCore: Definitive Edition
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
  • State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • Tell Me Why
  • The Bard's Tale Trilogy
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • Wasteland 3
  • Wasteland Remastered
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2

Last edited by a moderator:

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Android only.

Looks like the official name is "Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"? Why not just leave it as 'xCloud'?

May 25, 2019
London
If you're wondering why it's not on iOS - ask Apple.

There's a reason that the beta on iOS only has one game (MCC) whereas the Android beta has dozens. It's Apple's App Store policies.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like I'm getting an Android tablet. Ugh. Screw you Apple and your ridiculous policies but also great ecosystem that I'm locked into!!!

Any Android tablet suggestions? Was looking at the Tab A for a bit.

Really excited this is finally rolling out.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds cool, but I do have to wonder who is really going to be playing Halo on a 6 inch screen.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Cool that they're scaling it up and getting more people to try it. I've tried a couple games while it's been in preview and it works fairly well. There's obviously input lag and I wouldn't want to play a twitch shooter or anything but games like Batman Arkham Knight feel pretty good

Jan 4, 2018
XGPU_cloud-gaming-2.jpg

XGPU_CloudGaming-1.jpg

Last edited:

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Apple and MS eventually figure the business side out.

Like, i really don't care about iOS, but xCloud on macOS.
When Apple Silicon removes the ability to run Windows on your Macbook / iMac, streaming via xCloud sounds like a fantastic replacement.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds cool, but I do have to wonder who is really going to be playing Halo on a 6 inch screen.

If you go away on vacation and want to play a game you can, if you need to sign in for a live service game to unlock something on a specific day. Do your kids want the tv and you still want to finish something...

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
There's a reason that the beta on iOS only has one game (MCC) whereas the Android beta has dozens. It's Apple's App Store policies.
Just wondering, is there a clear understanding among beta players of exactly which policy (or policies) would prevent this on iOS.

If a beta with MCC was allowed, I wonder if Microsoft could get around the policies with something like one app per cloud game. It'd be an inelegant workaround, but better than nothing.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What the shit, Apple. I wanna try this. So they are sticking with X Cloud as the name?

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Android-Era, what's the best tablet to buy? I'm fully iOS, but I wouldn't mind trying this out while away from home.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Where did the game list come from? It looks to be only partial.

But either way, it doesn't look like all gamepass games are automatically streaming enabled. I presume they'd be shouting to high heavens if Red Dead was there for example.

Anyway, once they have windows or ios support, I'll happily give this a whirl.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Welp. I would love to try this on my iPad or IPhone but I guess I'll wait more. Fully invested into Apple iOS and not getting a android for this.

Cmon MS. Make a deal with Apple.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that this would work on PC. When's that coming?

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I don't think they anticipate people using it as a primary way to play for a while. More like a value add for people who want to drop in on a long commute when they aren't at home on their pc/console

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same people who play Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, DOOM 2016, The Witcher 3, and countless other games on their 6.2" Nintendo Switch screen or 5.5" Nintendo Switch Lite screen. AKA potentially millions and millions of people.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
I wonder when Xbox gonna open up to more countries in the world, they can do it i guess, since it's Microsoft behind right?

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
Portugal on the list. That was a nice surprise, we didn't even were on the preview program. I was prepared to only have that available in my country like in 2022.