• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Aside from being a great fucking movie, the ending is so fucking well acted and stabs me in the fucking heart man. It's so good.

You can't change my mind.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Click. And yeah, the ending is awesome. My favourite Adam Sandler movie.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A Click edit without the fart and dog sex jokes would've been a good movie, I don't care what anyone says

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I never liked this movie. The ending seemed like a cheap attempt at sentimentality to try and make the rest of the movie seem like it was better than it was. Yeah, Sandler nailed that scene, but it doesn't make up for the rest of it.

I remember watching the end of Star Trek Picard and thinking "they're trying to pull the same shit as that Adam Sandler movie".

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
The dramatic shift the movie took just completely bewildered me.

The same movie that had Adam Sandler fart in David Hasselhoff's face and the obligatory racist Rob Schneider appearance.

At least Christopher Walken was in it.

thefryguy

Apr 8, 2019
I've only seen this once. But I really loved it. Some cringe Sandlerisms like when he and his son gained weight. All in all though, great movie.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I never liked this movie. The ending seemed like a cheap attempt at sentimentality to try and make the rest of the movie seem like it was better than it was. Yeah, Sandler nailed that scene, but it doesn't make up for the rest of it.

I remember watching the end of Star Trek Picard and thinking "they're trying to pull the same shit as that Adam Sandler movie".
The dramatic shift the movie took just completely bewildered me.

The same movie that had Adam Sandler fart in David Hasselhoff's face and the obligatory racist Rob Schneider appearance.

At least Christopher Walken was in it.

Yeah. I always felt like this movie was wildly overrated. Sandler is a great actor when he chooses to be, but this movie always felt like it was just a half-assed episode of The Twilight Zone stapled into an otherwise typical Sandler comedy.

Oct 30, 2017
I saw this in theaters and, boy oh boy, I wasn't ready for the tonal shift in the last third of the movie and was a emotional mess.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a supernice guy in Hollywod. If he never wins an Oscar award he will be first in line to get a lifetime achievement award.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Just needs better camera work/lighting.

Also the finger/OK sign part almost ruins it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you Thunder11 for this incredibly insightful comment that captures your vivid feelings on how the movie Click, starring Adam Sandler, is, in your eloquently put words that absolutely could never be misconstrued as low effort drive by posting, a "bad movie." Comments like these often facilitate amazing new conversations within threads that open the minds of Era members and allow an in-depth critique and exploration of topics that the OP simply could not do, and I'm so thankful for your participation in my thread.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Except they immediately ruin the ending right after that scene. Click should've ended 5 minutes sooner

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP's scene and the father one already posted had potential but it's hard to take them seriously with all the technical issues like the horrendous dubbing and the hilariously bad make up, Henry Winkler looks like Dr. Zaius on that scene.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely a harsh tonal shift from the rest of the movie, but it does kind of redeem some of it.

I don't know if I'd call it Oscar-nom-worthy acting, though. Sandler has done better work in other movies.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Click's last act is why I can never rewatch the film. It's like multiple gut punches and then a stab to the heart.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
when we were kids there were like 8 movies we would cycle through and watch every day after school. Click was one of them. Seen it maybe 12 times lmao

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
you know im such a fool for you

you got me wrapped around your finger

do you have to let it linger

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Man this movie fucked me up. I thought I was gonna watch some silly comedy and then it hits me with some real shit. I'll never forgive it.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Ham-handed schlock. I will never understand the praise this movie gets. Sandler's real award-worthy performance was Punch Drunk Love.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lame and corny movie. Has all the dumb jokes that are usually in Adam Sandler movies too. Not that good.

EDIT: Guy above me gets it.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Okay so can someone remind me why i am so disturbed trying to remember what made me feel like shit for a whole day when i watched this film? I had to turn it off some point after the middle of the film because of it.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time was so upset and shocked by the serious shift in that movie, that she started making out with me at the drive-in just so she wouldn't have to watch the rest, lol. She does not handle old, sad people in movies well. UP nearly broke her.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
fun movie

I was 14 when it first came out. The ending with "it was a dream" made me doubt everything my english teach every taught me but then I read the reviews for the movie.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did any film ever did the opposite of Click? Meaning it starts out as an emotional drama and then it becomes a (good) comedy out of nowhere

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's awful. Like, it's comical how bad he is in that scene. Like I legit do not get how anyone can watch that clip and not just laugh at how over the top he is. The score does all the work for him. Whoever plays his son is awful in that scene too.

If you want an actual good sappy ending it's 50 First Dates, and he's acting like a normal person for a lot of that movie.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Click is half or two thids of a less painful Adam Sandler movie and a third or half of good movie with scenes like this

Adam Sandler is a great actor when he's not in a Adam Sandler movie

Still good scene