• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Another woman has filed a lawsuit against Deshaun Watson, joining 22 others who accused the Cleveland Browns quarterback in civil cases filed in 2021 of inappropriate sexual conduct during massage sessions.

In the 23rd civil case filed Tuesday in Texas against Watson, the lawsuit states that the plaintiff had her first massage session with Watson during the summer of 2020 and that his "behavior grew worse." During the third and final massage, she alleges in the lawsuit that Watson exposed himself to her, touched the woman between the legs and "repeatedly requested" her to have sex with him.

According to the lawsuit, the woman changed her mind about suing Watson after watching HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" last week. On that show, two other women, Ashley Solis and Kyla Hayes, who have also accused Watson of inappropriate sexual conduct, criticized the Browns for giving the quarterback an NFL-record $230 million guaranteed contract after trading for him in March.

"It's just like a big 'screw you,'" Solis told HBO.

Leah Graham, one of Watson's attorneys, told HBO that Watson has "no regrets because he did nothing wrong."

"In that piece, plaintiff was struck by the courage of the victims willing to step forward and speak and was extremely displeased by Watson and his legal team's mistreatment and revictimization of the plaintiffs," the latest lawsuit states. "But it was Watson himself claiming that even now he has 'no regrets' and has done nothing wrong that solidified her resolve. She brings this case seeking minimum compensation, but to obtain a court finding that Watson's conduct was wrong."

www.espn.com

Browns' Watson facing lawsuit from 23rd woman

A woman changed her mind about filing a lawsuit against Deshaun Watson after watching an HBO show in which two other women suing the quarterback criticized the Browns for giving him a record-setting contract.

Fuck the Browns.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trevor Bauer got a two year ban from the MLB. That was one accuser. This guy has 23 now. He will probably get 4 games max.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is such a douchebag. And he supposedly had consensual sex with like 3 or 4 of the masseuses? Bullshit.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I can't believe the Browns not only wanted him but paid him more than guys like Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes. They really gave this scumbag all that money.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Trevor Bauer got a two year ban from the MLB. That was one accuser. This guy has 23 now. He will probably get 4 games max.
Nah most people now think it's gonna be at least 6 games due to precedent. My money is 9. Half the season.

Still nowhere near enough. It should be a minimum of suspension until the cases are settled. If it were me I'd throw him out for life.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a piece of shit. Screw the Browns for ultimately signing off on making this piece of shit the face of their franchise.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

Probably still feels the same way.

So fuck the Browns, Lebron, Watson, and any of his supporters.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Even the Dolphins weren't trashy enough to bring this guy in, and that's saying something.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yup. I'm replacing watching the Browns on Sunday with soccer, which always seems to have an endless supply of matches to watch around that time from various overseas leagues anyway.
The only way I'm watching a browns game this year is if it's against a team that is guaranteed to shit on them.

Which to be fair is most of the league at this point.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
He just needs to be kicked out of the NFL & be put in jail. But some sports players always tend to be immune to the law like corrupt, racist cops, politicians & church & youth leaders from organized religion.

May 14, 2021
After around the 19th victim you'd think maybe the Browns and NFL would think, "Hey maybe these women aren't all colluding to make a quick buck. Maybe Watson is in fact a huge piece of shit." Also, fuck Lebron. For someone who does a lot of good, he sure as fuck comes down on the wrong side of too many situations.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
They need to suspend him, either the Browns or the NFL. The Browns will have female staff and it's unsafe for Deshaun Watson to be around them.

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to assume there was some autocorrect shenanigans in your post? lol
Not sure, I know what I was trying to say lol. I reworded it hopefully better now.

I've worked in a place where there was a cloud over someone who had various allegations against them by at two people. They weren't suspended though until after the investigation which took months.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Fuck the Browns, obviously, but every other team who was in need of a QB that was working to get him on their roster are just as terrible … even if they didn't win the sweepstakes.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
After around the 19th victim you'd think maybe the Browns and NFL would think, "Hey maybe these women aren't all colluding to make a quick buck. Maybe Watson is in fact a huge piece of shit." Also, fuck Lebron. For someone who does a lot of good, he sure as fuck comes down on the wrong side of too many situations.
NFLs morality summed up

]Cards GM: If Hannibal Lecter ran a 4.3, we'd say he had eating disorder
www.cbssports.com

Cards GM: If Hannibal Lecter ran a 4.3, we'd say he had eating disorder

Credit to Cardinals general manager Steve Keim for his brutal honesty, which is hard to come by this time of year, when obfuscation reigns in the days leading up to the NFL Draft.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Even the Dolphins weren't trashy enough to bring this guy in, and that's saying something.
uh.... didn't they sign Tyreek Hill? I think that pretty much states exactly what they believe as a franchise.

No one in the league gives two shits as long as you play well. The second they start slipping on the field is the only time this will bubble up again outside of the initial suspension.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can't wait for him to get a year ban and Baker Mayfield refuses to suit up and the Browns waste a year of potential because they're run by awful people

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its not even so much that they signed him, I mean there are tons of employed reprehensible people in the NFL sadly, but its that despite 20+ accusations of sexual misconduct and straight up assault, despite the fact that he is very likely a serial abuser who isn't going to just stop now that he's effectively gotten away with it, the Browns not only traded for him, but did so by giving into EVERY SINGLE ONE of his demands, guaranteeing him a shit ton of money, and also working with him to make sure his Year 1 salary was as low as possible as to give him a loop hole to avoid any real financial penalty should he be suspended. Really just a pathetic display by this organization and the people running it.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Its not even so much that they signed him, I mean there are tons of employed reprehensible people in the NFL sadly, but its that despite 20+ accusations of sexual misconduct and straight up assault, despite the fact that he is very likely a serial abuser who isn't going to just stop now that he's effectively gotten away with it, the Browns not only traded for him, but did so by giving into EVERY SINGLE ONE of his demands, guaranteeing him a shit ton of money, and also working with him to make sure his Year 1 salary was as low as possible as to give him a loop hole to avoid any real financial penalty should he be suspended. Really just a pathetic display by this organization and the people running it.

It's gross, even by NFL "standards". I'd be devastated if I rooted for the Browns.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Whew. Imagine that kind of cloud over a player and the organization to go: yeah, we want this guy.

Not just wanting the guy, but getting him by trading a truck load of draft picks and talent for him, followed by giving him an extention with the most guaranteed money in the history of the NFL. And even having a stipulation where if he were ever suspended, it would only be for $1 million from his previous contract.

Browns really showed their asses.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for some much needed karma to hit the Browns by either him getting suspended for the year and tears his ACL the first game back after throwing a few picks.

May 14, 2021
Feel free to root against the Browns for eternity after what they've done here. No forgiveness until they sell the team.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Never thought I'd root for Baker Mayfield but damn.

Fuck the Browns. I hope Watson crashes and burns if he does end up playing.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
A shit show over there. They were that desperate to move on from Baker. Did they not see LA win with Stafford?

230 million. Jfc

Oct 27, 2017
I've actually been surprised at the amount of friends I have who are Browns fans that have turned their back on the team until he's gone. Browns fans are a particular kind of diehard and while I've never been one, i've lived in Cleveland my whole life and have been surrounded by them, so I'm surprised they didn't look the other way to some degree because of the dangle of a championship. I feel like the city of Cleveland in general is not really receiving any of this about him well, despite front office trying to spin this in every possible way.

Cleveland Clowns strike again. The management is just fucking awful, and this should've never been a deal to begin with given his tremendous past, present, and future baggage, much less one where they essentially lock themselves into a player for so much money that may end up suspended.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
The bolded portion, I did not know. What justifiable reasons would this have been done for, other than what is appears to be?

Not like we're looking at performance bonus salary scaling, or a lower paying probationary period.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The bolded portion, I did not know. What justifiable reasons would this have been done for, other than what is appears to be?

Thats exactly what it was. Remember the timeline of events (granted we are going a lot off of tweets from insiders). Watson was rumored to be interested in Atlanta, New Orleans and Cleveland. Suddenly it was reported that Cleveland was out of the running, and a day later he agrees to be traded there? It was 100% a negotiating tactic from Watson's team to see who would bite and give in to every single one of this demands, and the Browns were happy to be played for fools.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope Baker wins a Super Bowl. They're going to have Watson wearing pink in November and I'll lose my mind.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I've actually been surprised at the amount of friends I have who are Browns fans that have turned their back on the team until he's gone. Browns fans are a particular kind of diehard and while I've never been one, i've lived in Cleveland my whole life and have been surrounded by them, so I'm surprised they didn't look the other way to some degree because of the dangle of a championship. I feel like the city of Cleveland in general is not really receiving any of this about him well, despite front office trying to spin this in every possible way.

It's split 50/50 in my circle. A lot of people split but I know just as many trying to do mental gymnastics around this to the point of conspiracy theories in some cases.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Thats exactly what it was. Remember the timeline of events (granted we are going a lot off of tweets from insiders). Watson was rumored to be interested in Atlanta, New Orleans and Cleveland. Suddenly it was reported that Cleveland was out of the running, and a day later he agrees to be traded there? It was 100% a negotiating tactic from Watson's team to see who would bite and give in to every single one of this demands, and the Browns were happy to be played for fools.
I stopped watching the NFL a few years ago due to racism, and the coddling of deviants and sexual assaulters of all types. Every time I consider going back to viewing, they just add some new bullshit onto the fire.

This is a new level of protection, though. Yup, Hannibal Lecter at the Combine.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Fuck the Browns.
I can't believe they're the organization I hate the most right now when Dan Snyder is still in the league.
I hope this deal crashes hard for them.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for pointing this out. The Browns are really a scummy organization (as is the NFL)

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck the Browns.
I can't believe they're the organization I hate the most right now when Dan Snyder is still in the league.
I hope this deal crashes hard for them.
Yeah, they've been added to my shitlist of NFL teams like the Patriots, Cowboys and 49ers. I hope this signing completely blows up in their faces.