• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Anderson decided to come back? I thought he soured HARD on Clerks especially. The impression I got from stuff Smith and O'Halloran were saying was that he didn't want anything to do with the project or any of them ever again.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
I was hoping Clerks 3 as a Broadway play would have came to fruition

I thought Clerks 2 was phenomenal and seeing it as an older man now, it really hit home

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well if Jeff is back in then it must be happening.

It's funny to note that 2 almost didn't happen cause Jeff wasn't sure if he wanted to do it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Clerks is one of my all-time favorite comedies and Clerks II, while not quite as good, was a sweet film that was surprisingly endearing. I'll gladly take a Clerks III.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well if Jeff is back in then it must be happening.

It's funny to note that 2 almost didn't happen cause Jeff wasn't sure if he wanted to do it.

The entire Clerks saga seems to live or die on Jeff Anderson's whims. If memory serves, the last time Kevin announced Clerks III Jeff walked away from the project and the whole thing fell apart.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not convinced it'll happen. I can imagine Kevin floated the idea, Jeff mumbled "yeah maybe" then Smith excitedly tagged the "announcement" onto their pic together.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Is it not a bit early to be announcing this given that in the same post he literally says he started writing it last night?!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
The entire Clerks saga seems to live or die on Jeff Anderson's whims. If memory serves, the last time Kevin announced Clerks III Jeff walked away from the project and the whole thing fell apart.
My understanding was that he wasn't overly keen in the first place but Kevin Smith kept coming back to him to try and get him onboard. I assume he did but nearer the time got cold feet, in fact I think Smith even said that the original Clerks 3 script didn't fit the characters. I'm guessing they they've spoken about a story that they both feel in more in tune with Dante & Randall.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding was that he wasn't overly keen in the first place but Kevin Smith kept coming back to him to try and get him onboard. I assume he did but nearer the time got cold feet, in fact I think Smith even said that the original Clerks 3 script didn't fit the characters. I'm guessing they they've spoken about a story that they both feel in more in tune with Dante & Randall.

Yeah, from what I remember hearing he was already having cold feet the first time and then Smith went out and announced the movie without even asking him and he walked.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If Jeff is onboard, then it's a green light.

Clerks 2 was a return to form for Smith (that didn't last long admittedly, but I do enjoy Zack and Miri). Hopefully 3 can be as well (presuming the Jay and Silent Bob reboot is the miss I suspect it's going to be).

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
He recently commented on a "Fatman on Batman" podcast that his last script for Clerks III was dark, due in part to his heart attacks and brush with death, and he's happy they ended up shelving it.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I knew Jeff didn't want to do any more acting but I didn't realize there were fences to be mended. I wonder what happened between them.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Funny if Jeff reads that post and goes "I only meant I was open to the idea of doing a 3rd film! Fuck this, I'm out!"

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
YES.

Clerks 2 was fantastic and since it released, I always thought 15 years would be a perfect time to do a third and see where the characters were at that point.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah...it had lasted for 10 years..there is a story about how a tv interviewer brought up Ben working on Jay and Silent Bob..and Ben mentioning it, which spurred Kevin to call him.

It was at his panel at comic-con that he talked about it.

Got a video that explains a little more?

Stoked for Clerks 3. I loved the second one!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually still haven't seen the second one.

I still think the cartoon was the most amazing thing ever though.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
Jay Mewes is looking so rough. Drugs are crazy.
He's been clean for quite a while. But they did take their toll when he was into things heavy.. mostly his teeth.

i had the opportunity to spend some time with both Smith and Mewes in July. They are exactly how you think they are. Kevin is incredibly nice and a blast to talk to. Jay is very hyperactive. He was a guest at a comic con I was working and he was rarely at his table. Makes it tough to make your money if youre never there lol.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
Make it stop. lol

Is it bad to be totally taken out of the Clerks 2 by the fact that Brian O'Halloran was engaged to Rosario Dawson in it? I know shlubby guy with hot girlfriend is a thing in movies, but that's pushing the boundaries of reality for me.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how much Kev really rewrote the script & if any old idea cared over. I know Jeff is always the hold up & it seems like he's not keen to do anything too dark or depressing. Always seems to be why he wasn't down for Kevin's vision of Clerks 3 originally. But if he's back in the fold, & Brian; it'll be a fun last hurray. And I'd bet Rosario Dawson will return given she's in Reboot.

Oct 26, 2017
Got a video that explains a little more?

Stoked for Clerks 3. I loved the second one!

Kevin saw this interview where in the first few seconds (that's the only relevant part) he asks Ben if he's doing anything in the jay and silent bob reboot. Kevin saw it, texted him, and they made up. Kevin then went on to write a role for him and Ben flew out to film it.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
This legit makes me happy. I fucking loved Clerks 2, and the weird heart that it showed at the end. I'm really interested in seeing where the third part goes.