• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you use a bar of soap or body wash?

• Bar

Votes: 107 28.7%
  • Body Wash

Votes: 266 71.3%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
71INlDaUDWL._SL1500_.jpg

I use this and a purple scruby thingy

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Used to bathe with soap as a kid. I remember using those Johnson's Buddies soap bars and loving them for just being a soap bar inside a cover :P

Nowadays, I stick to body wash. Softsoap makes some great body wash gel, especially their skincare body wash.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're happy to smell?
You don't seem to understand. If you regularly work out, eat a healthy diet and take care of yourself you won't smell bad after taking a shower just with water. Sometimes I don't understand where you guys are all day that you really need to cleanse your skin with soap.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Kind-of-Obsessed-Bronners-Organic-Pure-Castile-Soap-gear-patrol-ambiance.jpg

I use liquid, hemp, pure-castile, All-One soap for the health of my body, my mind, my soul, and our mothership Earth.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Used to do the bodywash, switched to bar soap.

Still use facial cleanser on face, though.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Switched to bar soap since the package is more minimal re:environmental impact. Typically, anyway, if it's just a paper label or box vs. a plastic bottle.
I just did the same thing. Two years ago I bought some face soap without reading the package. When I used it I noticed it had micro beads of plastic and I was super bummed I bought it. Now I just use a bar cause I saw how much plastic I used in the body wash. Even though I recycle so much doesn't even get reused it's appalling.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I just did the same thing. Two years ago I bought some face soap without reading the package. When I used it I noticed it had micro beads of plastic and I was super bummed I bought it. Now I just use a bar cause I saw how much plastic I used in the body wash. Even though I recycle so much doesn't even get reused it's appalling.
I don't know why it doesn't bother me for other things, but it might be because the last bar of soap I bought before buying a different body wash / liquid soap literally just had a minimal paper band around it that was like matchbook size. Everything after that felt wasteful as hell lol.

is that a 20$ bar of soap in the OP?

20 of them.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I have both in, but I do like the squeaky clean feeling you get from soap. Probably worse for your skin, but I just like it.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The only place I use body wash is at the gym, at home I use bar soap. I've never noticed any difference.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
What is body wash? I use that liquid stuff. I find it more handy than soap bars and found the perfect fragrance for me that isn't available as bar, so liquid it is.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Soap bars are just weird. I think I have the one I got in the army still somewhere unopened.