• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which do you prefer?

• Classic Nemesis

Votes: 297 62.0%
  • Remake Nemesis

Votes: 182 38.0%

• Total voters

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Quick gamma and DOF fix to match the Remake screen grab better
GvfFODo.jpg

5pBDLtv.jpg

1SEIJvh.jpg

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Classic feels out of place in this comparision.

I like the new design better. Less saturday morning cartoon vibe.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the new one also needs a lower jaw.

edit: Yeah with the lower gamma the old one is way more terrifying than Nose Job Nemesis.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Other than the insanely long teeth, I've really come around on the new design. It looks like a tyrant gone wrong.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Unbelievably good work. Makes me reconsider not getting the game on PC, but I'm worried about how it'll run on my computer...

Oct 27, 2017
I like the old design better. The teeth on the new one look weird and bad and really draw in my eye, and I like the concept of the garish face featuring a misshapen nose, but the execution isn't quite there for me. Both look kinda goofy but I think the eye + mouth on old Nemmy look better.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the old design is "cooler" looking, but the new design kind of resembles some traumatic face injuries I've seen where the nose actually looks like that. Kind of freaks me out a bit more. The teeth also fit in line with how the virus stimulatescell growth of certain body parts.

The old one I'd probably play for nostalgic reasons, but I'll probably stick with the new design for the majority of my playthrough.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Quick gamma and DOF fix to match the Remake screen grab better
GvfFODo.jpg

5pBDLtv.jpg

1SEIJvh.jpg

I like the old one better but it does look more like a "designed" Character. New Model looks like a face that has haphazardly been stretched over a mass of flesh to look at least a little bit human. It's just much more unsettling, even if I don't like the design as much.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Probably nostalgia talking here; but I prefer the old design.

The new design isn't too bad though, it just doesn't blow me away.

Izunavis

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like both tbh. New nemesis looks like they actually did a messy modification on a Tyrant. Old nemesis has the nightmare fuel and reminds me of a Cenobites in Hellraiser.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
I am not going to install any mods, but I agree that it looks a lot better than the new design and thumbs up to the person who made this. Great job.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The new design, it's much more disturbing and befitting of Nemesis's lore. even if you don't like the head,the rest of the design including the tyrant heart pump and the power limiter constraints is waaaay cooler. I didn't like the nose at first either, but they did a fantastic job with the overal design because it's incredibly evocative of the original design in every place that matters. In normal gameplay you wouldn't ever notice the nose.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
All I see is a cheesy '90 design that wont work with nowadays style...
In other words, the mod doesnt fit, doing a 1:1 interpretation is not going to cut it. It needs to be tweaked to a more modern look. Maybe a mid point between the two versions?

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
The remake design look far more organic to me... the skin and nose peeling and hanging off his mutated head is better portrayed in the new design.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
That looks so much better.

I don't know what Capcom was thinking with the redesign. The piano teeth are distracting.

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
Seeing this mod definitely makes me understand that the art style is just a wee bit too different than what we currently have. I think the best merger of the two would be something more like this. The style is absolutely disgusting, and the exposed nose cavity really drives that body horror element that I think they were going for with the twisted nose in the remake original.

youtu.be

Painting - "Nemesis"

My take on "Nemesis" from "Resident Evil 3". I've had a long pinting-/creative block, which sucks, and after hearing lots of good things about the "Resident ...

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Classic is great but it just doesn't fit. Its straight up a product of its time and to me looks kinda goofy outside of his original appearances. I like new Nemesis. I can tell what they were going for with it and its more than just "radical zombie" like the original is.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing this mod definitely makes me understand that the art style is just a wee bit too different than what we currently have. I think the best merger of the two would be something more like this. The style is absolutely disgusting, and the exposed nose cavity really drives that body horror element that I think they were going for with the twisted nose in the remake original.

youtu.be

Painting - "Nemesis"

My take on "Nemesis" from "Resident Evil 3". I've had a long pinting-/creative block, which sucks, and after hearing lots of good things about the "Resident ...
That's a really cool halfway point, that skeletal nose is pretty unsettling!

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
The original is what would have happened if Tetsuya Nomura designed a zombie. It still fit on PS1, but you can't pull that shit off with the down-to-earth RE Engine style.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I think both designs are good. The new design is a pretty interesting take, the classic design still holds up (generally). However, the modded model only really looks great at a glance.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, classic looks much better. I'll probably use the new model for the first playthrough and the classic for subsequent ones.

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe the nose on the new Nemesis. How does that look scary and not laughable?

Like, OG Nemesis looks like a monster. Neo Nemesis looks like a mutated man with a crooked nose and piano-teeth.
nemesis is literally a mutated man, thats resident evil

all resident evil monsters are mutated men