• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ok AoS-ERA if Endgame fails to mention Coulson is alive, will you finally admit the whole thingamajig has been non-canon :# yknow pretty much like the Netflix shows

I never expect the movies to reference anything that happened in the show - the Avengers movie sometimes dont even reference other movies. However, I will always like that tha the show dances close enough with MCU events to make itself seem important. Just mentioning Thanos in the same week Infinity War hit theaters was cool.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
First season is made retroactively better when you experience the lore the writers built up over five seasons and how they continue to do deep dives into questions that were raised earlier on. Easter eggs in the Marvel movies are fun, but they're drawing on content from the comics that nerds will know. Agents of SHIELD includes these Easter eggs and deep dives, but it's from content that's been built up during the show's run. It's just fantastic. I'll probably shed a tear when it's finally over.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Shame it has to end, but on the bright side we still have two seasons ahead of us. Can't wait for May! I hope it starts at beginning of the month, not at the end.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Ok AoS-ERA if Endgame fails to mention Coulson is alive, will you finally admit the whole thingamajig has been non-canon :# yknow pretty much like the Netflix shows
I mean

the implication is that Coulson is dead after season 5 anyway

also there are too many connections for the show to have been non-canon

Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Lady Sif have all made several appearances

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Best thing about AoS is the brown folks calling out the bullshit that can get them killed

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, it seemed likely S7 would be the end. 2 more seasons, and then the GOAT comic book show will finally come to a close. Hope it ends on just as high of a note as S5.

More than anything, I'm glad we can just freely enjoy the ride for once.

That's a pretty random criteria. Either way, it clearly is, so the "finally admit" part is weird.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The crossover only ever goes one way. But I guess we'll see if the whole Thanos thing affected them, or if they try to play it like it hasn't happened yet. I mean that's a gigantic event to just skip over.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've been watching clips of this on youtube out of order and without context like a moron, but I got to see a guy metal mario another guy then absorb him, wife beater and all. Show looks freaking corny but Im sure its probably better if you understand whats happening.

Yikes, or maybe it IS just as bad as it looks, lol.

He is a troll who pretty much only goes into Marvel threads to shit on it. Don't mind him.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's no real surprise tbh. The show was only really renewed for 6 (& 7!) because the previous president of ABC liked the show, and once they left the future of the series was always very murky. I'm glad it will have continued for that long.

Yeah. She announced the renewal on her last day with the company lol

I'll miss it but Season 5 was already the best ending a show could get. I just wish that they'l do something with the characters after that. Put them in other shows or the movies.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
The crossover only ever goes one way. But I guess we'll see if the whole Thanos thing affected them, or if they try to play it like it hasn't happened yet. I mean that's a gigantic event to just skip over.
I'm betting Endgame ends with a new continuity in which the snap has never happened, so AoS would continue with that. I would imagine at the very least it takes place post-Endgame.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Never in a million years did I expect AoS to make it to seven seasons.

Every year that went by was another year that I expected the show to get cancelled. Now you're telling me that the show gets to go out on its own terms after seven seasons?

I'll fucking take it.

One of the best turnarounds in show quality I've seen in a real long time, and by far my favorite superhero/comic book live action series by far.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So sad, yet I'm glad at the same time. I don't want them to push out half baked stories just to get the series going for as long as possible.
But it would be very dope if some of the casts can transition to another Marvel tv series or something. Agents of SWORD as some suggested.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I mean

the implication is that Coulson is dead after season 5 anyway

also there are too many connections for the show to have been non-canon

Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Lady Sif have all made several appearances

You also have Gideon Malick (Powers Boothe) finishing up his role from The Avengers, The President in MCU canon from Iron Man 3 (William Sadler) Agent Sitwell and Blake (Blake was in that first Marvel Mini Movie, Item 47) Strucker's sidekick Doctor List from the Winter Soldier, Peggy Carter and half the Howling Commandos.

So, maybe one way, but it's a very solid amount of tie ins.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I personally believe that Endgame will reverse the snap so that it never happened, which makes really hard for any of the shows to really react to.

Slackerish

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
A bit sad, rarely do I enjoy TV shows. So losing You're the Worst in a few weeks and then AoS sometime next year sucks; but happy both made it this far.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
speaking of brown folk, i wonder what that Indian dude is doing at the bottom of the ocean. knowing AoS, his arc will 100% be tied up by the end of S7.
One of my favorite scenes in AoS is when Mack says "No. Don't you know how this works. Never split up! We all know who dies first."

Great show and great run. I feel like 7 seasons is the perfect amount.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one day I'll catch up, I made it through the first season or so only to fall off after it was decent. And later stuff sounds wild enough to be appealing.

But I've been terrible about watching TV for a good while now so... maybe someday, before that last season.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I still believe S4's Self Control to be the best episode of the series. That was INSANE, and it's hard to believe it's the same show if you've only watched the first half of S1.

S4 is also still the best season. Glorious pacing, excellent twists and (especially during the second and third arcs) great antagonists.
Radcliffe and AIDA were top-tier additions to the MCU, and EvilFitz was scary AF.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
k lets keep waiting on that big screen payoff im sure itll come anyday now

You always seem confused about this stuff. No one thinks there will be big screen payoff.

That doesn't change the literal fact that it's all in the same universe. It is canon. This isn't debatable.

You've tried to derail threads with this before and I don't understand why. It's like you just want to pick and prod at fans.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
You always seem confused about this stuff. No one thinks there will be big screen payoff.

yes no one does:

He better be in Endgame. Tony Stark deserves to know.

That doesn't change the literal fact that it's all in the same universe. It is canon. This isn't debatable.

You've tried to derail threads with this before and I don't understand why. It's like you just want to pick and prod at fans.

and uuhhh i dont recall ever derailing a thread over this, but sure mate *rolls eyes* in any case i dont see how its a derail, if the show is canon how is it a derail to talk about our hopes and dreams to FINALLY see quake on the big screen? its only a derail if its actually non-canon, because itd be a silly and not debatable thing to bring up

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nah that's been topped by the S5 finale, though perhaps not as much since S5 wasn't the series finale. I await Jed Whedon's next directed episode so damn badly lol

"Self-Control" still sits at the top for me but "The End" was incredible. Jed is talented as hell.

I'm still shocked they pulled off that big fight with a Friday night broadcast budget. The effects team on AoS are some of the best in the business.

I suppose I knew the answer already.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Nah that's been topped by the S5 finale, though perhaps not as much since S5 wasn't the series finale. I await Jed Whedon's next directed episode so damn badly lol

I mean...

are we pretending im not a fan now? i put up with the show for 4 seasons, and im day 1 at midnight for every mcu release and enjoy them all. just becase im not a blind fanboy doesnt mean im not a fan. y'all too fickle over mcu stuff, its amazing. i have a goddamn reed richards avatar/name for crying out loud lmao

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Self-Control" still sits at the top for me but "The End" was incredible. Jed is talented as hell.

That's fair, we can all agree on Jed being the GOAT lol

are we pretending im not a fan now? i put up with the show for 4 seasons, and im day 1 at midnight for every mcu release and enjoy them all. just becase im not a blind fanboy doesnt mean im not a fan. y'all too fickle over mcu stuff, its amazing.

Man, what a disingenous take, nobody said you weren't a fan lmao

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
That's fair, we can all agree on Jed being the GOAT lol

Man, what a disingenous take, nobody said you weren't a fan lmao

oh god please save me the boring ass buzzword crap deflection, and actually say what were you implying? its genuinely tiring trying to hash out mcu shit without the usuals jumping at every perceived slight

Oct 25, 2017
I watch AoS because it's a good show. I don't give a shit if there's a nod to it in a movie at this point. If I watched MCU shows because I wanted to see them get acknowledged in movies I would of stopped watching years ago

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I just view AoS, the other TV shows, and the movies the exact same way that separate storylines are handled in the comics: they're largely separate, with a few small (generally one-way) crossovers, and what happens in one doesn't necessarily have to affect what happens in the other. In general, I just don't think of it very much!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I watch AoS because it's a good show. I don't give a shit if there's a nod to it in a movie at this point. If I watched MCU shows because I wanted to see them get acknowledged in movies I would of stopped watching years ago

It could obviously be better, but I'm not particularly bothered by it either. But like... it's still canon. Every time it's debated without fail it always begins with someone coming in to snark and say that it isn't, despite evidence clearly showing otherwise. It's a real bore to deal with in every AoS thread lol

The Netflix shows, well, yea no one's gonna defend those at this point. Still very enjoyable though. (Well, some of them.)

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show had an incredible transformation and a great run. I am excited to see how it all plays out!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragged way too long already tbh. Started losing plenty of steam with the whole "Grant in space" arc. Had a lot of promise and was legitimately good for a bit, but I would have liked more meaty connections to the movies, though I understand that getting the actors for the tiniest cameos can be expensive as hell.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think aside from the slow start of Season 1 my only real issue was Season 3 but that may just be a personal opinion. I was damn near sick of the Inhumans and was glad when they kinda toned that aspect down in Season 4 and 5. Otherwise, the show and what its done with the characters is fantastic. I genuinely care about these people and really want to see how they all end their journeys.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think aside from the slow start of Season 1 my only real issue was Season 3 but that may just be a personal opinion. I was damn near sick of the Inhumans and was glad when they kinda toned that aspect down in Season 4 and 5. Otherwise, the show and what its done with the characters is fantastic. I genuinely care about these people and really want to see how they all end their journeys.

In general, the Inhumans were a mistake. And I liked the Inhumans when they were infrequent guest stars in FF. But trying to blatantly replace mutants with them? Like how much cooler would it have been if they were able to use mutants instead in that storyline?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
In general, the Inhumans were a mistake. And I liked the Inhumans when they were infrequent guest stars in FF. But trying to blatantly replace mutants with them? Like how much cooler would it have been if they were able to use mutants instead in that storyline?

I don't care about mutants or inhumans in any real way tbh. I just got tired of every single thing revolving around them when there were so many other options they could explore. A seasonal arc was fine but having to tie everything back into it was just exhausting imo. Season 4 improved a lot on how they handled them imo.