• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
It's been a while since I followed anything Civ related. Wasn't a third expansion for VI heavily rumoured to be possibly announced this year? Has there been anything regarding it since last year?

A lot of speculation going on in the CivFanatics forum with regards to the SteamDB. I think Firaxis is waiting on how Sega's Humankind develops to differentiate themselves with them before making an official announcement

Future Update - Speculation Thread

According to updated config for 2kqa_d: launch/30/config/betakey: 2kqa_d and that the Tuesday/Thursdays are in most cases for reveal new exp/dlc, I assume we can be surprise tomorrow. This beta can has something to do with Xbox event. Check latest Phil Spencer tweet according xbox event...

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of speculation going on in the CivFanatics forum with regards to the SteamDB. I think Firaxis is waiting on how Sega's Humankind develops to differentiate themselves with them before making an official announcement

Future Update - Speculation Thread

According to updated config for 2kqa_d: launch/30/config/betakey: 2kqa_d and that the Tuesday/Thursdays are in most cases for reveal new exp/dlc, I assume we can be surprise tomorrow. This beta can has something to do with Xbox event. Check latest Phil Spencer tweet according xbox event...
I hope it's something. Been irritated at the pretty gamebreaking bugs that have lingered since the fall.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some of you know how to help me out - me and some friends wanna set up a multiplayer game. We're all new to Civ VI but have played Civ before.

We want the game to end once we reached the era "Renaissance" - but that's not an option in the game (base game).
Is there a mod that does this or does one of the add-ons enable this option?

Check out the mod 'Real Era Stop'. It sounds like you want a victory condition based on Era, but this will stop era progress.

"Allows to stop the game at a specific Era,
from Classical to Atomic
. This mod literally removes all techs, civics, and items associated with them that are from eras past the last one. For R&F it also removes Game Eras past last one, so the game won't accidentally progress into the next era."

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Check out the mod 'Real Era Stop'. It sounds like you want a victory condition based on Era, but this will stop era progress.

"Allows to stop the game at a specific Era,
from Classical to Atomic
. This mod literally removes all techs, civics, and items associated with them that are from eras past the last one. For R&F it also removes Game Eras past last one, so the game won't accidentally progress into the next era."

Yep, we tried that - didn't really work for us, so we just cap at 250 turns and see what happens. We wanted to stop the game from being to overwhelming in how we have to plan things out.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
New content, not an expansion but new civs and new game modes:

EDIT: More details at the link below:

civilization.com

Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass

The Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass features eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, six new game modes and other new content.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
New content, not an expansion but new civs and new game modes:

89e3f9019738941f20ee50d0dda49e7c905fe6fb.png

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Just hoping Firaxis gives us the dll file soon. Early game AI is an improvement but mid-game and later still makes dumb decisions.

Would rather face a competent AI on relatively equal footing than an incompetent one that plays equivalent to 4 queens on a chessboard.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I hope they bring more PC quality of life features to the console versions. I have already mentioned the selectable jersey colors in offline play, but another thing I'd love to see is the ability to search the map. If only so I don't have to wast half an hour on looking for the handful of uranium icons inevitably hiding in the fog of war.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone. I finally got a foothold into this series after a few failed attempts. I've watched (probably hours) of mechanics tutorials at this point about starting out. Things like optimal settling locations, resource types, the different income types, etc.

Now the next step that I'm struggling with is really connecting the multilayered dots in the midgame, mainly involving the tech trees. For example, if I have access to strategic resources x,y,z, how does that chart my tech progress? There are basically a billion different districts, buildings, etc. I can digest what each one does, but I'm woefully unequipped to evaluate how good +2 food is vs +2 gold/+1 science, for example. When do I value production improvements vs food improvements? When do I expand to another city? How do I decide what direction to tech in general? Any good resources for these types of higher level questions?

Most importantly, what speed should I play on? I started with online because I figured I might as well just as on the "meta" speed, but what I'm realizing is that tech happens so quickly that I really don't have an opportunity to see cause -> effect before I'm already 2 layers down the tree. I'm wary about making it too slow and be reduced to just micro-managing military units for 15 turns before anything happens either.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Update is live and here are the patch notes:

Some standouts for me:

Disasters [Requires Gathering Storm]
  • The following disasters are not tied to the Apocalypse game mode. These disasters can occur during standard games.
  • Forest Fires: Starts in a random Forest/Rainforest and spreads to adjacent Forest/Rainforest/improved plots every turn. Tiles on fire damage units and pillage improvements. Forest/Rainforests grow back with additional bonus yields.
  • Meteor Showers: Pummels unowned land tiles pillaging improvements and damaging units. Exploring impact sites grants players a free Heavy Cavalry unit with no resource upkeep.
Forest fires made sense, but didn't think meteor showers would show up even outside Apocalypse mode. I think it's a smart choice to only have them hit unowned tiles, so they won't actually fuck you over. (I assume they can and will hit cities in Apocalypse mode?)

• Greatly reduced the chance that City-States will spawn adjacent to Natural Wonders or on top of resources.
Finally! It was always so frustrating to see a great natural wonder only to see a city state sitting next to it. Sure you could conquer them, but I'd rather see wonders spawn in the wild where in theory anyone can claim them.

• Tweaked volcano spawn spread. Volcanoes will no longer spawn adjacent to each other. Large portions of the map are no longer skipped over. 1 volcano per continent is guaranteed.
This one's interesting for me. Primordial is one of my most played maps and I always enjoyed walking into a cluster of 3 - 5 volcanoes. That will no longer be happening. On the plus side, Primordial games often had entire portions devoid of volcanoes and focused on hills and floodable tiles. This change should offer a much more balanced result, even in non-primordial maps.

Last but not least, an undocumented change: you can now select jerseys in PS4 offline mode. Praise be!

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was all excited to play but there's no Mac version on Steam despite them saying Mac would be available on 5/21 :)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hey everyone. I finally got a foothold into this series after a few failed attempts. I've watched (probably hours) of mechanics tutorials at this point about starting out. Things like optimal settling locations, resource types, the different income types, etc.

Now the next step that I'm struggling with is really connecting the multilayered dots in the midgame, mainly involving the tech trees. For example, if I have access to strategic resources x,y,z, how does that chart my tech progress? There are basically a billion different districts, buildings, etc. I can digest what each one does, but I'm woefully unequipped to evaluate how good +2 food is vs +2 gold/+1 science, for example. When do I value production improvements vs food improvements? When do I expand to another city? How do I decide what direction to tech in general? Any good resources for these types of higher level questions?

Most importantly, what speed should I play on? I started with online because I figured I might as well just as on the "meta" speed, but what I'm realizing is that tech happens so quickly that I really don't have an opportunity to see cause -> effect before I'm already 2 layers down the tree. I'm wary about making it too slow and be reduced to just micro-managing military units for 15 turns before anything happens either.
Have you already completed a couple of games? I can tell you all about the tech tree and how to chart your progress, but experience really is the best teacher in this case. For most win conditions, cultural and scientific in particular, there are certain key techs that you want to work towards as fast as reasonably possible. In general the top half of the tech tree focuses on culture/science while the lower half focuses on military. Religion and diplomacy are special in that they depend more on civics than techs.

The civilization that you play as, the resources you spawn with, the natural wonders you are able to claim... all of these will influence the win condition you will want to pursue, which in turn influences your route through the tech and civic trees. Sometimes you can decide on a win condition right from the get-go, for example when you play as a civ that specializes in one of them (for example Korea and their incredible science game). But most often your general strategy will crystalize as you play, ideally somewhere in the Classical Era, after you have laid the foundation for your empire, and your victory, in the Ancient Era.

Yields are something of a balancing act, although food and production are by far the most important, especially early in the game. When you just start out, a basic grassland tile (+2 food) should always be chosen over a truffles plain tile (1 food, 1 production, 3 gold). Simply because the bigger your capital is, the more tiles it can work and the more yields you get.

Settling is something you want to do quick and often. Each city adds science/culture/faith/etc. yields to your total and is worth more than any individual district in your capital. It's hard to explain in layman's terms, but Civilization heavily favors playing "wide" (many cities with relatively low population each) over "tall" (fewer cities with relatively high population each). In practice I often start the game producing a Scout for exploration, followed by a builder if there are at least 2 tiles worth improving. Otherwise I will start working on pumping out Settlers the moment my capital hits 2 population. The moment that Settler is done, I start producing another Settler. Often I only start thinking about building districts around turn 35 or so (regular game speed).

Speaking of which: I started out with fast, but exclusively play regular speed now. It feels slow in the beginning, when you're just waiting for your capital to pop out units. But the bigger the game gets, the more you will appreciate the space it gives you to plan your actions without the game devolving into excessive micro-management. If it really feels too slow for you, fast might be a good compromise between standard and online speeds.

As for guides, I personally learned a ton from PotatoMcWhiskey, a YouTube content creator who focuses on Civilization 6. His videos, especially his livestreams, are quite long, but that's partly the nature of the game and partly because he always explains his actions. A specific video that might get you started it one he did on start locations:

It starts with where to settle your capital in relation to the surrounding tiles and their yields. Later on he talks about settling additional cities, what techs and civics to focus on in this case a culture/tourism victory. I think it's worth a watch.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Have you already completed a couple of games? I can tell you all about the tech tree and how to chart your progress, but experience really is the best teacher in this case. For most win conditions, cultural and scientific in particular, there are certain key techs that you want to work towards as fast as reasonably possible. In general the top half of the tech tree focuses on culture/science while the lower half focuses on military. Religion and diplomacy are special in that they depend more on civics than techs.

The civilization that you play as, the resources you spawn with, the natural wonders you are able to claim... all of these will influence the win condition you will want to pursue, which in turn influences your route through the tech and civic trees. Sometimes you can decide on a win condition right from the get-go, for example when you play as a civ that specializes in one of them (for example Korea and their incredible science game). But most often your general strategy will crystalize as you play, ideally somewhere in the Classical Era, after you have laid the foundation for your empire, and your victory, in the Ancient Era.

Yields are something of a balancing act, although food and production are by far the most important, especially early in the game. When you just start out, a basic grassland tile (+2 food) should always be chosen over a truffles plain tile (1 food, 1 production, 3 gold). Simply because the bigger your capital is, the more tiles it can work and the more yields you get.

Settling is something you want to do quick and often. Each city adds science/culture/faith/etc. yields to your total and is worth more than any individual district in your capital. It's hard to explain in layman's terms, but Civilization heavily favors playing "wide" (many cities with relatively low population each) over "tall" (fewer cities with relatively high population each). In practice I often start the game producing a Scout for exploration, followed by a builder if there are at least 2 tiles worth improving. Otherwise I will start working on pumping out Settlers the moment my capital hits 2 population. The moment that Settler is done, I start producing another Settler. Often I only start thinking about building districts around turn 35 or so (regular game speed).

Speaking of which: I started out with fast, but exclusively play regular speed now. It feels slow in the beginning, when you're just waiting for your capital to pop out units. But the bigger the game gets, the more you will appreciate the space it gives you to plan your actions without the game devolving into excessive micro-management. If it really feels too slow for you, fast might be a good compromise between standard and online speeds.

As for guides, I personally learned a ton from PotatoMcWhiskey, a YouTube content creator who focuses on Civilization 6. His videos, especially his livestreams, are quite long, but that's partly the nature of the game and partly because he always explains his actions. A specific video that might get you started it one he did on start locations:

It starts with where to settle your capital in relation to the surrounding tiles and their yields. Later on he talks about settling additional cities, what techs and civics to focus on in this case a culture/tourism victory. I think it's worth a watch.

Thanks for the long-form response. I've never run a game to its completion yet. While each game does teach me stuff, I prefer restarting with my newfound knowledge over trudging on for hours with flawed decision-making. It means it will take me way longer to learn the lategame, but I'm ok with that. But good to know that I can use the Classical Era as a sort of benchmark of when to nail down how I should be speccing. In terms of breadth, I assume it's not wise to completely neglect things like Religion or Culture just because I've decided on a Science of Military victory.

I am pretty surprised by your rate of expansion. When do you stop? I actually have trouble finding optimal spots to place new cities, but maybe this is a case of do something suboptimally being better than not doing it at all. I assume going wide is preferred in 6 because of districts? Each city can generate resources irrespective of citizens, so you'd rather have 2 citizens x 3 cities > 6 citizens in 1. The amenities mechanic seems to reinforce this by soft-capping your pop per city in the early game.

I've seen PotatoMcWhiskey, but I actually preferred Hadrian's Gathering Storm tutorial playlist. I hop between them though. My current game has taken some interesting militaristic turns, so I'm actually considering playing it out despite probably not in a position to win. After that, I'll dip into standard speed just to see how that feels and ground myself. Thanks!

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
I just got this and was wondering if anyone uses Play by Cloud? It seems like the perfect thing to play with friends but I just keep getting errors.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017

thanks for this, i didn't realize i was playing civ 6 wrong as i was under in impression the game punishes you for expanding like in civ 5. That video was helpful too and I stumbled upon this channel as well and the tutorials were enlightening lol

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for this, i didn't realize i was playing civ 6 wrong as i was under in impression the game punishes you for expanding like in civ 5. That video was helpful too and I stumbled upon this channel as well and the tutorials were enlightening lol

Yeah, civ6 massively favors a wide game. The more land you can get the better. Hell, it's advantageous to invade and conquer others in the early game, to grab as much land as you can. The more land you have, the more adjacency bonus opportunities, the more districts, and the more resources you can get.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Question. Some friends of mine are looking to start a multiplayer game soon, and I'd like to join them. I only have the Civ VI base game. Do I need both expansions to play with them, if the host has both?

Oct 27, 2017
Question. Some friends of mine are looking to start a multiplayer game soon, and I'd like to join them. I only have the Civ VI base game. Do I need both expansions to play with them, if the host has both?

If I recall correct all players have to have the addons but you can start a session with only the base game activated. But imo it's very hard to go back once you played with the addons.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
we've done multiple games like this. You'll have to play the game with "standard rules" and that will allow your friends to play with you . You wont have access to all the dlc civs but they will.

However EGS/Steam crossplay is still kinda shit as EGS servers still are messy, better than this weekend but still eh

Played a game last night with EGS crossplay where 3 of us had the platinum edition on steam and one friend was on EGS vanilla. He was getting reconnecting messages every few turns but it was still playable.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, crossplay is actually a thing? Pleasant surprise.

I've been on a hardcore Civ kick the past two weeks - trying to get through my first successful game on Deity. It's hard to tell if I'm doing alright or not but I have a decent game going right now. Successfully held off the Inca after they surprise warred, although I lost all my archers in the process. Peaced out and worked on religion and infrastructure for a while but I think the motherfuckers are coming back for round 2 lol.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Adventures in apocalypse mode. Trying to win before the end of the world:

Right now our cities are mainly repairing and building builders / military engineers to fix everything and rebuild. Comet tiles become unusable. Solar flares have a chance to: kill advanced upgraded tiles, damaged all tiles, damage all districts, damage any units.
Comet strike takes out 4 tiles:
B8786421C281DC6E179FED12A926C4224F7ABC8B

Like 10 turns later, the above comet's older brother came and finished the job :(
94060A5B7FD7CBDC32A91FE958011CAA48AA23C7

Solar flare Nora. 108 tiles damaged, 8 units destroyed.
31A32AD6755C2C9EA65BF3253F7230C923C9B8B2

During a solar flare, the game looks like this:
18BA6EB41AC07A97B501C193EBAED23E114F93D4

English city killed:
A9A43A32A333F16DB8B207F2BFF1244A239E1E05

Japanese city killed:
93C098EC196C96882DC3AAA1C1464B0E06FBCFD5

Another one of my cities killed:
181A3FD587CFDDB250D27F9C38C9E84320E5BC4D

Oct 27, 2017
Adventures in apocalypse mode. Trying to win before the end of the world:

Right now our cities are mainly repairing and building builders / military engineers to fix everything and rebuild. Comet tiles become unusable. Solar flares have a chance to: kill advanced upgraded tiles, damaged all tiles, damage all districts, damage any units.

Damn this looks brutal. I love it. That's how climate change should have been from the beginning. Just without, you know meteors and solar flares. Now theres actually an incentive to keep those emissions down.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this looks brutal. I love it. That's how climate change should have been from the beginning. Just without, you know meteors and solar flares. Now theres actually an incentive to keep those emissions down.

Part of it is when you set to apocalypse, it locks you to weather 4. This also jump starts weather effects because you start at 2/7 on the scale in game.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
If I recall correct all players have to have the addons but you can start a session with only the base game activated. But imo it's very hard to go back once you played with the addons.
we've done multiple games like this. You'll have to play the game with "standard rules" and that will allow your friends to play with you . You wont have access to all the dlc civs but they will.

However EGS/Steam crossplay is still kinda shit as EGS servers still are messy, better than this weekend but still eh

Played a game last night with EGS crossplay where 3 of us had the platinum edition on steam and one friend was on EGS vanilla. He was getting reconnecting messages every few turns but it was still playable.

Thanks for the answers, ended up buying both expansions. Haven't even started the multiplayer game yet!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Kind of late, but I wanted to reply to this because I just began a game which is basically perfect in terms of settler production:

Y3k2ZMF.jpg

Not even turn 30 and I've already settled 2 additional cities and the 3rd is on its way. One of them is from the Religious Settlements pantheon. But still.

Settle early and settle often. It's kind of counter intuitive, because you'd think your capital needs proper infrastructure first. But the first ~50 - 75 turns are actually perfect for settling because there's nothing for you to build in your capital anyway. Every district is locked behind a tech/civic that you won't reach before turn 50 or so (unless you beeline it). An alternative is producing builders, but what point is there in improving tiles when you don't have the population yet to work them? So pumping out settlers is really the only sensible thing you can do if you don't have barbs or a hostile neighbor threatening you.

In general I think a city settled on a single land tile in the middle of the ocean is still better than not settling there at all, simply because of the inate yields a city brings with it. Not that you should bother with such tiles because there are usually better spots available. But hypothetically speaking.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
I am new to CIV, I played revolution on PS now and had enough fun to buy VI on PS4. I am so lost and overwhelmed and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I wish there was a tutorial, but the tutorial is just a cut scene that doesn't teach anything. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Some of these trophies, man.

3uulWIC.jpg

Got this one completely by accident.

I am new to CIV, I played revolution on PS now and had enough fun to buy VI on PS4. I am so lost and overwhelmed and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I wish there was a tutorial, but the tutorial is just a cut scene that doesn't teach anything. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I checked my game and after the tutorial cutscene there should be a screen that lets you choose whether to play as Gilgamesh (Sumeria) or Cleopatra (Egypt).

From what I remember the tutorial ain't that great, but it should at least allow you to get your bearings.

If for some reason the tutorial doesn't work, you could start a game on the simplest difficulty and rely on the adviser. Even if you have advise turned off, you can still see the adviser icons next to everything you produce and research, and the game does a decent job at steering you in the right direction.

You can also check YouTube for let's plays, if only to see how experienced players build their empire and what choices they make in the beginning of the game.

Lastly, don't try to do everything at once. Pick one field (sciene, culture, religion, war) and look for districts, improvements, technologies, civics that help you develop said field.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I love the wackiness of the video. But who asked for more Red Death content? Well at least the Xcom aliens are in the game now I guess...
No one, but I guess a free update is a free update.
I also realize they included changes may in the May 2020 free update like the Diplomatic VC changes in thi supdate.

Hoping patch notes will include finer changes, and fixes to console issues.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Anyone not interested in the video (or Red Death), here's what's also included in the update:

This update also fixes a few exploits in Civilization VI, such as being able to choose multiple Pantheon bonuses, and tweaks the yields on some Natural Wonders. We also took a pass at Religion and adjusted some Beliefs … and even added a few new ones!

I hope the update will include bug fixes and improved stability for the console versions.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone not interested in the video (or Red Death), here's what's also included in the update:

I hope the update will include bug fixes and improved stability for the console versions.

The post links to the same video I posted, they sadly did not talk about console version in that video.
Waiting on day 1 patch notes for details on that hopefully.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
Are there any mods that allow for a more Civ5-style scoring system? In Civ 6, the more I improve and the more efficiently I play, the lower my score becomes. The game had the audacity to call me 'Neville Chamberlain' for a turn 189 deity science victory ffs.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
June 2020 patch is live. Patch notes:

But since the official site won't load for me at the moment, here's another link to a reddit thread listing all the patch notes:

I guess Cliffs of Dover can be somewhat useful now?

I usually don't care about religion, so otherwise there's not much for me here. Work Ethic looks OP in the right hands, but Church Property getting removed is disappointing.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
Work Ethic – Follower: Holy Site district's Faith adjacency bonus provides production as well.
Certain tile/wonder configurations could give up to +8 faith. In the right situation (or in most situations with Russia), this tweaked pantheon could be a very powerful opener. Imagine +8 production so early in the game!
Lady of the Reed and Marshes – Pantheon: +2 Production from Marsh, Oasis, and Desert Floodplains. (Before just +1 Production from Marsh, Oasis, and Desert Floodplains.)
Great improvement to this pantheon. Especially if you get lucky with some early with flooding.
Cross-Cultural Dialogue - Founder: +1 Science for every 4 followers. (Before +1 Science for every 5 followers of this Religion in other civilizations.)
Still a pointless pantheon. "+1 Science per city, and +1 Science for every 4 followers." would give me more reason to select it.
Tithe – Founder: +3 Gold for each city following the Religion. (Before +1 Gold for every 4 followers of this Religion.)
Nice change.
Yosemite: Additional +1 Food while still providing +1 Gold, +1 Science, and +2 Appeal to adjacent tiles.
Yosemite was already a pretty decent wonder. Not sure I agree with this buff, especially when we still have the Cliffs of Dover hanging around...

I guess Cliffs of Dover can be somewhat useful now?
If there wasn't a hard cap on Appeal, I could imagine some interesting +10 Neighborhood placements around the Cliffs Of Dover for empires focused on vertical growth. But there is a cap. One day, this WILL be a good natural wonder!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I completely missed Church Property and Tithe being combined now. Well, sort of combined. Good call, I think, because Tithe was always such a poor pick.

That aside, anyone else experiencing the AI acting odd in regards to trade? I admittedly played only two partial games since the patch, but in both of them the AI would randomly offer me gifts.

For example Kupe, who was displeased with me to begin with, warned me for trespassing his agenda yet one turn later he offered me 30 x 5 gold and some spare change without asking for anything in return.

Pericles (declared friend) randomly gave me 20 horses.

Trajan (completely neutral) also offered me money and when I threw in open borders just to give him something in return, he refused the deal.

And most recently Tomyris (disliking me) offered me some gold per turn and open borders a few turns after meeting her.

Maybe the screen is bugged and it doesn't display their demands. But in case of Kupe, Pericles and Trajan, they did it while the regular "your luxuries/strat. resources for my gold/open borders" agreements were still in effect. So that makes me think that isn't the case.

Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed Church Property and Tithe being combined now. Well, sort of combined. Good call, I think, because Tithe was always such a poor pick.

That aside, anyone else experiencing the AI acting odd in regards to trade? I admittedly played only two partial games since the patch, but in both of them the AI would randomly offer me gifts.

For example Kupe, who was displeased with me to begin with, warned me for trespassing his agenda yet one turn later he offered me 30 x 5 gold and some spare change without asking for anything in return.

Pericles (declared friend) randomly gave me 20 horses.

Trajan (completely neutral) also offered me money and when I threw in open borders just to give him something in return, he refused the deal.

And most recently Tomyris (disliking me) offered me some gold per turn and open borders a few turns after meeting her.

Maybe the screen is bugged and it doesn't display their demands. But in case of Kupe, Pericles and Trajan, they did it while the regular "your luxuries/strat. resources for my gold/open borders" agreements were still in effect. So that makes me think that isn't the case.
It sounds like you were the subject of a "send aid" emergency. Never seen that happen otherwise. :o

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It sounds like you were the subject of a "send aid" emergency. Never seen that happen otherwise. :o
These games actually were the very first ones I played on disaster level 4, with the Kupe/Pericles/Trajan one having Apocalypse Mode enabled. So it sounds plausible. That said, an emergency vote never once appeared. Not for anyone in fact, despite all of us losing people to natural disasters.

Maybe that's the real bug: the game treating me as the target of a Send Aid emergency despite never calling one.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Loosely related, but Christopher Tin's next album, inspired by Sogno di Volare, is coming out on 08/21.

Here's a new (very good) recording of the song.