• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018

The Civilization VI Anthology includes all of the Civilization VI content released, including the Sid Meier's Civilization VI game, six DLC packs*, the expansions Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm, and the full New Frontier Pass. *Individual DLC and Expansions may be sold separately.

store.2k.com

Buy Civilization® VI Anthology | 2K Store

Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Anthology is the ultimate entry point for any gamers new to the greatest strategy game series of all time.

Red or Alive

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be a good deal if you couldn't get the exact same package on the Humble Store for $24.

EDIT: $22! It's $22 on the Humble Store.

Last edited:

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I think the bigger news here (which has been alluded to in the developer videos) is that NFP will be the last big add-on pack for Civ 6. So the team must be all-in for Civ 7, which is kinda exciting after how Civ 6 turned out eventually.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I think the bigger news here (which has been alluded to in the developer videos) is that NFP will be the last big add-on pack for Civ 6. So the team must be all-in for Civ 7, which is kinda exciting after how Civ 6 turned out eventually.

I would love to see Civ VII branch more into future tech. Some of that is already present in Civ VI like the Giant Death Robots, but something much more in depth. Maybe taking many of the techs and units from Beyond Earth and baking those into the all the future tech in Civ VII.

kombucha

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2021
Is the game worth it? Played all civs long time ago apart from 6th and not sure how this one will feel after completely switching to paradox strategy games due to being bored to death with civ samey endgame

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

That is a bit of a surprise. Be interesting to see what comes next, especially if Humankind is as good as it potentially is. I'd like to see the team take another crack at space.

Is the game worth it? Played all civs long time ago apart from 6th and not sure how this one will feel after completely switching to paradox strategy games due to being bored to death with civ samey endgame

It's good, but if you were bored to death of Civ I'm not sure this one will bring you back. You might want to keep an eye out on Humankind as that looks to be quite the switch up.

Last edited:

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Civilization VI prompted me to use my Humble Choice subscription for the first time (intentionally, anyway) in like a year and a half, then I picked up the Frontier Pass in that $10 deal. Played the hell out of Civilization V while I was in-between jobs the last few months and am really looking forward to seeing how the gameplay evolved in VI!

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Have like 600h played...you could say I like it. Get it peeps, pretty good game. Can't wait for Civ 7 but the rumours about that lame Marvel Xcom game made me sad.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a bit weary of Civ I don't think 6 is gonna do much for you, it has some neat new features but largely plays the same.

Since you mention Paradox maybe check out Old World which leaves "early access" this summer, it mixes Civ with some Crusader King II dynasty management and roleplaying. Also Humankind mentioned above which at least according to the devs focuses on the journey and the story of your civilization.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder if this means that Civilization VI is "done" and no more expansions are planned.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm beginning to hate that buying Civ games at launch is such a terrible deal. The last two games have been thoroughly mediocre at release (last three if you count Beyond Earth), and have only been brought up to snuff with multiple paid expansion packs. At this point, I think I'm comfortable waiting until they release the finished version of Civ VII.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to hate that buying Civ games at launch is such a terrible deal. The last two games have been thoroughly mediocre at release (last three if you count Beyond Earth), and have only been brought up to snuff with multiple paid expansion packs. At this point, I think I'm comfortable waiting until they release the finished version of Civ VII.
Beyond earth is mediocre to this day
Shame because i had high hopes for it...

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Disagree about Civ 6, compared to all previous games it was relatively complete at launch and held its own against Civ 5 + expansions

mrpapaye

Apr 24, 2018
Civilization VI prompted me to use my Humble Choice subscription for the first time (intentionally, anyway) in like a year and a half, then I picked up the Frontier Pass in that $10 deal. Played the hell out of Civilization V while I was in-between jobs the last few months and am really looking forward to seeing how the gameplay evolved in VI!
Hello,
Could i know how to get that 10$ deal for the Frontier Pass ?

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Hello,
Could i know how to get that 10$ deal for the Frontier Pass ?

I was sent an email through HumbleBundle. The link in the email took me to the storepage for the DLC and from there I had to actually add the DLC to my cart before the discount showed up. I think you have to have Humble Choice active and already selected Civilization VI to get the deal. The email said the $10 price is available all month.

Edit: Forgot to quote

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I might pick up the Frontier Pass then, I'm worried that once Anthology is out they'll never put any of the other DLC on sale again.

mrpapaye

Apr 24, 2018
I was sent an email through HumbleBundle. The link in the email took me to the storepage for the DLC and from there I had to actually add the DLC to my cart before the discount showed up. I think you have to have Humble Choice active and already selected Civilization VI to get the deal. The email said the $10 price is available all month.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Have a nice day ! :)

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Civ 6 is a an absolutely fantastic civ game that anyone who likes the series should play. And now with probably all extensions released is the best time!

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
6 is the best so far I feel. Really smart decisions made with things like the culture tree being seperate to the tech tree, districts being seperate to cities, and the amount of options with Civics feels like the best implementation of government choices they've accomplished.

The Civs really feel very different from each other in a mostly balanced way. I just wish the tourism and culture victory weren't as convoluted

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm assuming that $10 frontier pass is dead?

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
I'm assuming that $10 frontier pass is dead?

This still up? Didnt see it anywhere

So I think the deal is only offered to active Humble Choice subscribers that have already redeemed Civilization VI as one of their games this month ($12 for the month subscription and then $10 for the New Frontier Pass). The day after I redeemed Civ 6 on Humble Choice, I got an email that said this:

Just for you: New Frontier Pass is only $10!
Complete your Civilization VI Anthology for the lowest price out there. Includes the last DLC: the New Frontier Pass, featuring 8 new civilizations, 9 new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including 6 new game modes.

Available this month for only $10, only on the Humble Store.

Paired with Civilization VI: Platinum Edition in Choice, that's more than 50% off the next best price out there.

Like I said above, the link took me to the store page and I only saw the discount after I added the DLC to my cart.

Edit: Chromie received the email and isn't a Humble Choice subscriber, so I'm not sure what conditions are needed to receive the email

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So I think the deal is only offered to active Humble Choice subscribers that have already redeemed Civilization VI as one of their games this month ($12 for the month subscription and then $10 for the New Frontier Pass). The day after I redeemed Civ 6 on Humble Choice, I got an email that said this:

Like I said above, the link took me to the store page and I only saw the discount after I added the DLC to my cart.
I'll keep an eye out then, hopefully I get the email.

Thanks!

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Are people not happy with the finished product of VI?

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Check your emails, I got this from humble bundle.

UsvHWL2.png

I'm not a subscriber. I got it.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Are people not happy with the finished product of VI?

Personally, I am really happy with how Civ 6 turned out in the end although I was one of the few who really enjoyed the changes in Civ 6 since the start. AFAIK most of the fanbase just warmed up to it as more expansions added on to the gameplay systems. IMO, the district system was a game changer and I love how the other systems revolve around it so when I posted that, I meant I was excited to see how else they could change the game.

kombucha

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2021
tbh it's too great of a deal to pass and I decided to give this game a go after not playing the series for years, hopefully it will give me at least a solid 100hrs of wonder
especially after being disappointed with ck3 and waiting for a couple of major dlcs for that to try it again and thus being sceptical about vic3 at launch

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing this, just got the frontier pass for 10$ and completed my Civ 6 anthology <3

Edit: just add the frontier pass to your cart in humble bundle and this discount will show up!

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Have a nice day ! :)
I'll keep an eye out then, hopefully I get the email.

Thanks!
Thank you so much for sharing this, just got the frontier pass for 10$ and completed my Civ 6 anthology <3

Edit: just add the frontier pass to your cart in humble bundle and this discount will show up!

You're all welcome! Still not sure about the exact criteria to get the email/discount, but it sounds like maybe you can get it just by adding it to your cart? Maybe using this link from the email? In any case, I'm happy to help!