• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's quite a few games I'm curious how they'd run, my original 3DS is pretty much dead and my New model I'm keeping only in doors, don't want to loose that one ever :(

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Oh my god, FE Echoes is finally playable on my phone. There's quite a few visual glitches and some battles drop fps but man, it feels great lol.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Just tried out Awakening, it runs 90% well. It pauses randomly during 3d battles other than that it's pretty solid. This is running on my Samsung S10.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda nuts that tons of emulation is driven by Nintendo's well-loved properties, but they're just so slow to take advantage.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
As soon as the Windows Duo comes out it's game over folks!
Have you ever tried a DS emulator on a 1 screen phone? It works perfect. Tiny black line splits screens. Galaxy Fold is already out there, or any tablet of screen real estate is important. Galaxy Note even has a built in stylus and rumor has it Fold 2 will also.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see hwo this runs on my Pixel 3. Guess it's time to test!

EDIT: Persona Q2 seems to run basically perfectly so far. What insanity.

Last edited:

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list of games that work on it? I can finally play the games I've always wanted to play on the 3ds.

Or does it share the same list as the PC version?

I assume it's mostly the same as the PC branch, but the wide variation in Android harware probably makes it more hit and miss than PCs that people are probably running it on. I don't expect everyone to have the success I'm running where the few games I've tested have a little hiccup during battle occasionally at worst.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
As soon as the Windows Duo comes out it's game over folks!
medium01.jpg

Say hello to the LG ThinQ Dual Case. It's removable and a full touchscreen. It also supports emulators being split into two screens.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is the mobile thread. How is Citra on pc? Always wanted to play the remake of ocarina of time on a bigger screen.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Equating emulation with piracy
I don't understand why we should promote piracy.

YES I KNOW y'all have your 3DS consoles and games but let's not pretend most people use Citra to play games they've bought already :P

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
I don't understand why we should promote piracy.

YES I KNOW y'all have your 3DS consoles and games but let's not pretend most people use Citra to play games they've bought already :P
Concern trolling and threadwhining in a single post, amazing

I'm very intrigued by this. I would have never guessed it would run even decently on current Android phones, but people's experiences here seem to suggest otherwise!

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Why is this available for sale on GP but Apple blocks this? I assume its entirely their own code? Does Google just not care about paid emulators and Apple just blocks all emulators?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Doesn't run very well on my Galaxy S9+. Tested out Dragon Quest VIII and without any graphic improvements in 3DS resolution it runs with like 12 fps.

Well, was too good to be true.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Pixel 4XL here, Zelda OoT runs buttery smooth at 3x res. Looks absolutely beautiful

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
yooooo this is so good

S9 running Alpha Sapphire at the 4x res with no gameplay drops (occasional music skipping) I didnt expect it to be this performant, damn

How does multiple screens work? Why is it only one screen in the screenshot there?

there are many settings for the multiple screens,
100/0, 75/25, 50/50 and you can swap which is shown

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
My 3ds had been hacked since forever, but I could never get citra figured out. It's been a couple years, this may be the point where I actually dump my games. Portable hi-res 3DS games sounds a dream, it can be pretty hard to go back to sub-SD displays.