• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How can you sit through this and have your actions dragged out before you by angry citizens and just....not have any reaction? Insane.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not 100% sure what defunding the police means on how it could be done, but surely what you really should be asking for is a return of the police pension pots to be redistributed back to the people or other activities?

ps3ud0 8)
Defunding doesn't mean strip them of all of their money, it means rob them of their ability to purchase and maintain military equipment. Cops, whether they're street cops, riot cops, or SWAT, actively use military surplus equipment.

Like I said in the protest thread, the cops rolled up on me at a protest and tried to box me in with one of these, which is entirely unnecessary for anything the cops are going to see sans a terrorist attack. And by time a terror attack is bad enough for these to be used, the military would already be involved.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh. The amount of not caring in those faces is disturbing to say the least. Good to see them get raked to their faces though. Maaaaaybe it'll make them do something, but you'd think we wouldn't be in this position in the first place, soooo.....

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It should honestly be one of the fucking hardest job to get a badge. It takes over a decade to become a doctor to save lives, it takes anywhere from 6 months to a year in CA to get a license to kill.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea about this. Are they archived anywhere you can watch? Would've loved to watch for OKC or Tulsa if they had one.

The video in the OP is so beautiful. It's cathartic. The mainstream media needs to latch onto these kind of sentiments and reinforce us so the politicians might be forced to start enacting change.

Yeah! It was also live on YT. The beginning is going through budget stuff, a little boring if you're not invested in that info. Fast forward to when you see all the zoom squares of council men and women and others. The period where citizens could call in was several hours long, and this is still live, but they're not taking calls any more. This should be archived like most (all?) of their meetings: https://youtu.be/8rUd9kwVG7Y

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
this zoom meeting is cathartic af after witnessing and hearing all the shit this dept has pulled since I can remember. NY is another one that seems like an unbeatable beast. So glad others have felt this way and are done with it

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Defunding doesn't mean strip them of all of their money, it means rob them of their ability to purchase and maintain military equipment. Cops, whether they're street cops, riot cops, or SWAT, actively use military surplus equipment.

Like I said in the protest thread, the cops rolled up on me at a protest and tried to box me in with one of these, which is entirely unnecessary for anything the cops are going to see sans a terrorist attack. And by time a terror attack is bad enough for these to be used, the military would already be involved.
Thanks, appreciate you explaining that as I had no idea. Completely agree but I feel punitive damages should be recovered and the pension fund should be ransacked so minimal support is left.

ps3ud0 8)

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Some people are using their time so well. I'm fucking loving this.

Democracy in action.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
"Chief Moore you have the most racist eyebrows I've ever seen, keep them still" loooooool love it.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
"Most racist eybrows i´ve ever seen, keep them still when you´re being called out".

ay bruh.

Anyway - straight fire from the callers, deservedly so.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Starts with racist eyebrows roast and continues with straight fire.

This stream is giving me life, especially after seeing how LAPD has been handling things this past week.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Who is the man in the middle? Hell, is there a list of who all the people are? I'm not really familiar