• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like possibly Disc Room tomorrow based on the teaser art. Would be a great start. Bought Disc Room at launch, but haven't had the chance to dive in yet.

Edit - I suppose it could also be Super Meat Boy. Disc Room is still so new.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What to get in this winter's sale. Keeping my eye out for some Watch Dogs Legion, especially after seeing how CP2077 turned out. Though I hear WDL was pretty buggy too.

Edit: Oh, Fenyx Rising!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I personally had more bugs in Legion than I did in CP2077
I'm more interested in Watch Dogs gameplay since I loved it in 1 and 2 (2 being my favorite open world distractions this gen, last gen). Hacking is a super power in these games and WDL seem to take that up a notch, embracing it like Saints Row embraced it's wackyness and came into a game of it's own with Saints Row the Third. CP open world and activities doesn't look as interesting to me, and with WDL at least I'll have drones to be able to fly around with (as I could in WD2), but maybe I can do more now that you can ride some, flight.

Oh also I love interacting with the NPCs in WD2, I'm sure WDL improved it especially since you can recruit anyone. Going by the open world exploration videos I've watched, in CP2077 the random NPCs seem like they hardly acknowledge you even if you try to [talk] to them. Not thinking about the glitch where they don't move their lips or respond when you talk, it just seem like a lot of them are dressing due to those possible bugs too.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised another Square-Enix game is in the store. Keep putting more games on other launchers Square.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
was the fake list in question the one that had Horizon Zero Dawn on it? and only included AAA games from big publishers? did not exactly pass the smell test

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
only other time I saw this was when GTAV was free..is Cities a bigger franchise than I thought?
If that post above about redeeming it getting you a $10 coupon, it's probably that more than the game. Cities: Skylines is OK, but it's pretty half-baked without DLC.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I definitely recommend Cities: Skylines if you like city builders. It's a pretty casual one, but well-made and appealing. Approach it more like The Sims than SimCity 2000.

My personal expansion recommendations, in terms of giving you more stuff to do or cool toys to play with, would be:
  • Industries (municipally-owned industrial areas and supply chains that you control directly instead of zoning)
  • After Dark (expands the day/night cycle, adds tourism industries)
  • Natural Disasters
  • Mass Transit
Snowfall gets an honourable mention from me just because I like the aesthetic, but it doesn't add much outside of the dedicated snow maps. Sunset Harbor adds a fishing industry, so in principle I'd rank it alongside Industries, but I haven't personally played it. Same goes for Park Life and Campus, which basically add the same kind of management for parks/zoos and universities.

Green Cities adds a lot of service options, but they basically trivialise the already-very-easy power and sewer management, so I personally think it's kind of meh. Probably the only one I wouldn't recommend unless you like the theme. And then everything else is just art packs, basically.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine to play Cities Skyline on PC without having access to all the mods. That feels wrong.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Wait does anyone have a link to the list lmao? I'm curious.
17.12 – Dying Light;
18.12 – Resident Evil 7;
19.12 – The Witcher 3;
20.12 – Mass Effect Andromeda;
21.12 – Assassins Creed Origins;
22.12 – Metal Gear Solid V;
23.12 – The Evil Within 2;
24.12 – Far Cry 5;
25.12 – Fallout 4;
26.12 – Borderlands 3;
27.12 – Monster Hunter Worlds;
28.12 – Dragon Age Inquisition;
29.12 – Horizon Zero Down;
30.12 – Ghost Recon Breakpoint;
31.12 – Hitman 2.

To be fair most of these games outside of 2 or 3 don't really sell anymore and are quite old (and often cheap in sales), so there was a slight chance it could've been real. But of course it's too good to be true.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
17.12 – Dying Light;
18.12 – Resident Evil 7;
19.12 – The Witcher 3;
20.12 – Mass Effect Andromeda;
21.12 – Assassins Creed Origins;
22.12 – Metal Gear Solid V;
23.12 – The Evil Within 2;
24.12 – Far Cry 5;
25.12 – Fallout 4;
26.12 – Borderlands 3;
27.12 – Monster Hunter Worlds;
28.12 – Dragon Age Inquisition;
29.12 – Horizon Zero Down;
30.12 – Ghost Recon Breakpoint;
31.12 – Hitman 2.

To be fair most of these games outside of 2 or 3 don't really sell anymore and are quite old (and often cheap in sales), so there was a slight chance it could've been real. But of course it's too good to be true.
Oh, that's not really that ridiculous to be honest lol. Swap like 1/2 of those out for indies/not AAa and it's believable. HZD and BL3are like the only things there that seems to good to be true tbh . I Was expecting like HZD, Death Stranding, Jedi Fallen Order, CoD Cold War, Sekiro, Hades, DOOM Eternal etc.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I claimed the free coupon for just logging in and I claimed Cities: Skylines, but I just see the first coupon. Is there something I'm missing?
I only received a coupon after claiming Cities. My Epic Game Store app is set to auto start with my PC, so I was already logged in.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought the game on PS4 on sale. I was planning to build a beautiful, historic city, something like historic Paris or Berlin. Here are some examples that come close to what I mean:

I didn't find info or an eplanation how to access these, I guess, themed assets for the game. Are they already in the base game and I just didn't find them or do I need to buy some additional DLC first, or am I out of luck, because these are PC mods only? Can I build cities like these on PS4 and how? :)

Sonimon

Oct 31, 2017
Someday, my children's children will get that free copy of Wargame: Red Dragon they teased like 3-4 months ago

Last edited: