• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell. What's with transphobes and TERFs doubling down?
Sadly you're asking the wrong question.

Why wouldn't they?

As it stands Transgender People are still mocked openly and it's both accepted and even encouraged by many people, especially people and companies in power.

It's a super easy way for people to push back against social change. At one time it was White People trying and say Black folk liked being slaves as they fought for freedom and rights, or when Men tried to create the narrative that Women shouldn't be allowed to vote and their place as in the kitchen.

Is it wrong? Yes.

However the weak will always be prey for people who need to push back against change and progress.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking hell. What's with transphobes and TERFs doubling down?

I mean, real talk, if things go south in the next few weeks, we're a stones throw from them being IN THE LEGAL RIGHT.

Not only are we, as a society, not checking these people, we're actively giving them more power and influence.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty clear this person is being deliberately antagonistic and obstinate. The reaction to that design in particular was immediate so it's not like she worked really hard on the costume and THEN it became an issue. There's absolutely no way she missed encountering the controversy when she was looking at references, she just deliberately made the choice to not care and say fuck it. Just shitty and unnecessary, should not have been given a spotlight.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I've been reading the other threads to learn about trans issues and this game and this is the first one I'm gonna post in because I think her tweet is repulsive. And I am not gonna play this game day 1 if ever.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
This is really gross. Very sad to see CDPR spread this shit. They can get away with it cause games media doesn't really care tbh. If outlets reported on this stuff more seriously they would walk it back. Every AAA studio needs to be held accountable. Idk why CDPR continues to get special treatment.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah way to diminish violence on the trans community by making it about yourself and whataboutisms lady. There will never be understanding when shit like this goes on.

zer0_X

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
How is someone still using this kind of response? They clearly are ignorant as fuck, but how come anyone close to her hasn't told her how dumb this whole attitude is.?

Malakym

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2019
Deleted my gog account. Won't be buying anything else from there. I'll just watch a let's play of cyberpunk if I care in a year. Not interested in bullshit companies promoting bullshit people
At the risk of derailing the thread, how the hell did you manage that? I have been trying for months to get them to delete my account, and all I've gotten is auto responses.

Oct 29, 2017
At the risk of derailing the thread, how the hell did you manage that? I have been trying for months to get them to delete my account, and all I've gotten is auto responses.
Just send them a new support ticket, verify one detail out of a few options and they'll have it down in 4 days:
support.gog.com

How can I delete my account?

If you're sure that you wish to delete your account, contact our Support team. After verifying that you are the account's owner, they will initiate the deletion procedure. Please keep in mind that ...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is someone still using this kind of response? They clearly are ignorant as fuck, but how come anyone close to her hasn't told her how dumb this whole attitude is.?
Because its about them and not someone else, like her.... Or she's a step away from becoming a full TERF. Either way... WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CIS PEOPLE????!!!!!

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Someone legit made a Twitter account today after seeing this thread so he could find me on Twitter and yell slurs at me.

It's both creepy and pathetic.

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima
It's not difficult and it's actually really easy.
Just don't be antagonizing or indifferent to anyone trans.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, if she had any conscience and thought about the struggles of trans people, she wouldn't have done the cosplay. It's not surprising she doesn't care and has the nerve of saying she'll show the cosplay even more in the future. It's disgusting, not surprising.

And obviously the mob of brainless fans are going to defend and applaud her. And I think it's time to stop giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone involved in the mess CDPR created with their game. Not her, not Keanu Reeves, not the social media manager. None of them care about trans lives, because if they did, they'd have done something to correct their missteps. So instead of thinking someone is clueless about the issues (like many did in the other thread about Keanu Reeves) and giving them the opportunity to explain (like the cosplayer did just to show how awful she is), we need to see them for what they really are: transphobes.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god that "my art is beyond politics" tweet

we're all stardust and therefore your art can't be transphobic? wtf?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just sad I could not find anything glaringly problematic on her acc that I could report and have twitter do its thing.

At this point, with how this asshole is doubling down on her transphobia and CDPR ain't going to say anything about it, I don't think Era just locking the OT for a day is enough.

It's just not enough. This game is the very representation of the thing we (allegedly) oppose.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR is absolutely responsible for encouraging and enabling people with these views. If you want to put a damaging, hateful message in your game, it isn't enough to just say "We don't endorse everything in our game world." You need a thesis, you need tact, and you need to make your stance apparent from the get-go. Media dealing with sensitive topics needs sensitivity and a clear voice. They're playing with fire, and from all we've seen of the game it seems that they're doing it for the shock value instead of any desire to make the world a better place.

I'll be thrilled to eat crow if the game comes out and does deal with trans issues sensitively, but everything about their marketing campaign so far has been garbage tier. And when you're a big name game that's building hype for years, your marketing has consequences as well.

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I can't understand still giving them any benefit of a doubt. And frankly it's shameful the game isn't banned here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Advocating piracy, History of similar behavior
Welp good thing the high seas exist

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Straight white male here for fucks sake quit acting like my experience isn't different than minorities. No one thinks I'm immune from the possibility of bad shit happening. That's completely missing the point and some all lives matter garbage.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Literally keeps getting worse. CDPR are clearly not listening to the trans community or others with concerns.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Someone legit made a Twitter account today after seeing this thread so he could find me on Twitter and yell slurs at me.

It's both creepy and pathetic.
When someone made this thread, it being my game, I was immediately emailed by someone with an address that was a double-transphobic slur asking me if the game was developed by pedos.

Not a great reference anymore for obvious reasons, but when I think about it all I can picture is Se7en

Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces,. Do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how f***ing crazy I really am!"?

So, good for that person

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just sad I could not find anything glaringly problematic on her acc that I could report and have twitter do its thing.

At this point, with how this asshole is doubling down on her transphobia and CDPR ain't going to say anything about it, I don't think Era just locking the OT for a day is enough.

It's just not enough. This game is the very representation of the thing we (allegedly) oppose.

To some, playing the game is more important than these issues. Yet everyone simply points them out with the statement that it is bad. It is, I agree, but we can't just decree it and have everyone understand and agree.

We need posts that constantly show why this is damaging and painful. Because a lot of people just think "game has trans girls in ads, no big deal, those guys are overreacting." They won't say that here, but that's what they think. So show them why! You can't demand people agree with you, especially when many of them honestly believe they are trans supporters.

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
What a totally nonsense thought process.

If you want to try to defend yourself at least have it make some sort of sense and compassion.

This is just way more incriminating.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
What a disgusting piece of fucking shit. Cis straight people are harassed yes but not for being cis. On the other hand trans people are getting murdered just for being trans.. in 2020. It's happening. Right now.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck her, fuck CDPR and fuck everyone defending this.
You can't be clearer with your transphobic views than this.

All of this really went to shit superfast

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
tumblr_pc2quiphQ51sea9na_500.jpg

Fuck her and her "all lives matter" bullshit.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
To some, playing the game is more important than these issues. Yet everyone simply points them out with the statement that it is bad. It is, I agree, but we can't just decree it and have everyone understand and agree.

We need posts that constantly show why this is damaging and painful. Because a lot of people just think "game has trans girls in ads, no big deal, those guys are overreacting." They won't say that here, but that's what they think. So show them why! You can't demand people agree with you, especially when many of them honestly believe they are trans supporters.
I don't disagree with this, but I was talking about action from the staff. It was nice when they first announced the OT was staying locked for a day, but as this situation gets worse, I wish something more impactful could be done around here. Specially to bring the issue to everybody's attention.

Jan 11, 2019
Well it's true though...

As a straight cis man, I weekly face harrassment from people when I mention, to their stupid faces, that trans women are women and that this is my modus operandi. Or that two men kissing in public doesn't mean they are being gay against you.

Weekly. Slight arguments.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Disgusting response(s).

How much do you want to bet if CDPR had promoted a transwoman cosplayer of this character, the same people defending this chick would be losing their shit and hurling insults?

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
People having complete meltdowns about how other people are "offended" is like my guilty pleasure lol.

4238b50e-da6d-4b1d-azhkvz.jpeg
It's funny how the ones throwing around words like "snowflakes" and "triggered" tend to be the most defensive and reactionary in the most hilariously ridiculous ways, especially when they feel the need to aggressively defend the honour of a fucking videogame.

"I have to be a real Spider-Man" LMAO.