• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Was hard to do but she outdumbed the cosplay with her words. Transphobic shit.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
"my cosplays are beyond politics"

"cosplays a trans character from a cyberpunk video, while she is in fact cis, and adds a glowing penis for sexualization"

I, uh. Huh? Can't even describe it.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
"my cosplays are beyond politics."

Well, there it is. Pack it up everybody. She's outside of politics now, forever unreachable by us lowly politicos.

We gave her a good fight, but she won this one. Time to focus on someone who isn't beyond them.
I read an op-ed that says the real divide is between us and her

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck everyone involved in this.

how do you go from being an industry darling to infamous in the span of one game? By being transphobic as fuck.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I hope once this game launches people keep up the heat on CDPR, but I suspect it'll barely be mentioned in reviews and so on.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

how do you go from being an industry darling to infamous in the span of one game? By being transphobic as fuck.
Tbf they've had issues for years, and games media still props up Rockstar like they don't also have identical problems.
it's because people actually say shit like that, even here
Sadly yeah. The fact that it's so believable sucks.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The self-importance of cissies to, without hesitation, declare what is and isn't political.
𝕊𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕔𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope once this game launches people keep up the heat on CDPR, but I suspect it'll barely be mentioned in reviews and so on.

We might, the larger audience won't. Hell, even in a progressive forum like ours, people are still going to ignore all the issues CDPR have had with this game and will still buy and play it. If it doesn't affect them, most people don't give a shit

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The problem is that she's a cis (assigned female at birth and continues to ID as a woman/female) who's doing a cosplay of a fetishized trans woman. She doesn't face the same threat of violence as trans women for her body. Fetishizing a body part that a lot of trans women have dysphoria and problems with reduces them to being that part of the body. There's nothing wrong with a cis woman wearing a fake penis in general, the issue here is that she's doing it to fetishize, not just because she wants to.
Yeah. they Pretty much exaggerate things and come out being hella stereotypical. See it across the board when ever someone who isn't empathetic and careful they are inauthentic to people who actually live the life or idea the person in question pretends to be.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
wowwwwwwwww.

I was hoping to give her the benefit of the doubt, but yikes. Doubling down on the "all lives matter" and TERF-y shit.

Fuck everything about all of this.

This is absolutely the response I'd expect from a transphobe cosplaying a transphobic ad from a game developed by a transphobic company.
Agreed.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is how it usually goes, sadly

The most apparent thing is that for all the hype of Cyperpunk it feels like the most surface level read of the thing. it's like creating a bakery after reading Le Mis

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising coming from a TERF like her. Fuck her and CDPR.

I knew it was going to be easy to ignore their game, but my goodness, they are making it EXTRA easy.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That quote in the thread title is spoken like someone who's never truly faced the violence and discrimination that trans folks experience on a regular basis. Never been insulted or harassed at work or school. Never had people question your chosen name because your voice doesn't match up. Never run into legal problems a cis person wouldn't experience. Never had to deal with the threat of violence so bad that you're afraid to walk alone. :\

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Wow that is one incredible statement. Talk about tone deaf... fuck that and fuck CDPR for promoting her.

It's hit after hit with this company at the minute isn't it.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good god what a stupid fucking response. Literally "All Lives Matter" but about trans people. What an asshole.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Holy shit.

Alot of this shit could be avoided if you had all kinds of voices at the table in the first place. Its clear that having everyone at the table wasn't an important thing here

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That quote in the thread title is spoken like someone who's never truly faced the violence and discrimination that trans folks experience on a regular basis. Never been insulted or harassed at work or school. Never had people question your chosen name because your voice doesn't match up. Never run into legal problems a cis person wouldn't experience. Never had to deal with the threat of violence so bad that you're afraid to walk alone. :\

Bubble-scaled.jpg

of privilege & disconnect

bobliefeld

Jan 30, 2019
"stop punching me"

"no. people get punched on a daily basis and furthermore I'm committed to spreading peace and beauty throughout the world by punching"

May 26, 2018
𝕊𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕔𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖

Can I just say that this text is really amazing? lol

went in and created a rainbow gradient, character by character. awesome.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
And once again I expect cd project red to say nothing. Bunch of fucking transphobes, The lot of them.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Wrong answer and wrong approach.

I know from back home that violence against women is at an all time high, I would say in my country worse than other other group, but to diminish the message like that is very stupid. It should be a united message against violence not an either or thing.

To me it seemed like a good opportunity to acknowledge it was wrong, a good opportunity to compare it to violence against women and certain groups get marginalized in our society. A "learn a lesson" moment, but instead it was used as an excuse?

MekaMachine

Banned
Sep 17, 2020
Ok I was a little weary but this is the final straw, I was already going to wait until the next gen patch but I'm not getting anywhere near this game unless they make a statement.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The cis hets are at it again, huh? Fuck her and fuck Cyberpunk

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Almost feels surreal watching CDPR shoot themselves in the foot to spite trans people. Even the cosplay actor is doing this shit, and she could have avoided this with the easiest support for marginalized people.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
These are some undoubtedly shitty responses, but I'm also a little hesitant to be picking over her twitter account like this when she has probably been getting blown up by hate mail, death threats, etc., since being featured by CDPR. So that's probably a bit of a driver here. She isn't an entity or a billion dollar author so it's not like there is PR and crisis management to help her through the attention.

Regardless, I don't really understand how you couldn't see this coming. I mean by default just by even doing the cosplay you've opened yourself to hate from people who see it as a tacitly supporting transgenderism. Much like CDPR, if you go into this with your eyes open knowing that your already going to face backlash for featuring transgenderism in any form, then why not take the step to actually understand the feelings of the transgender community so you don't piss them off as well? Ultimately she is now in a position of probably being hated by people on all sides of this.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Please excuse my ignorance.... But if a person does non-binary clothing cosplay and is "fetishizing the trans experience", wouldnt that make that person part of the trans community? Wearing not binary clothing, or dressing as a different gender would be classed as being a transvestite, wouldnt it? I have a feeling someone might correct me on this statement, so I'll say in advance I'm asking because I want to learn. If this comes across as offensive, that is not my intention. I'm all ears.

Edit: I googled to find if the phrase "transvestite" itself is considered offensive. Articles say it is, yet I know someone that I used to work with that would refer to themself as a transvestite (but we used to call them "her" when he was dressed in womnen's clothes as per their request)

Edit 2: I think a key distinction here that I also may have missed is that the cosplay was a one off "for the novelty", rather than it being a central part of the cosplayers identity.

Edit 3: "Cis men and women face acts of violence on a daily basis as well" is unpleasant. Might as well yell "Straight lives matter" at someone.

Crossdressing is not being trans. CIS people cross dress and that's fine. CIS people dressing as Trans especially like this is not.

MekaMachine

Banned
Sep 17, 2020

the fucked up thing is they're still going to be an industry darling. The greater gaming community gives no shits about trans rights.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And to anyone who sees this but still supports CDPR, please note their silence on her statements, with no attempt to distance themselves from working alongside or promoting this piece of shit.