• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
How long have you been smoking and how often? Do you still enjoy it? 7 years, overall it kinda sucks but I still get a kick out of it every now and then.

Juices

alt account
Banned
Mar 3, 2019
I've been smoking since I was a teen. I love it. The discrimination in this forum against smokers is weird. I keep it to myself and am respectful not to smoke around others.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I've been smoking since I was a teen. I love it. The discrimination in this forum against smokers is weird. I keep it to myself and am respectful not to smoke around others.

I feel u. I felt the exact same way on GAF and was always just like lemme live my fucking life I don't smoke around u. Then I quit smoking and walking 20 feet behind someone w a cigarette made me wanna throw up. W the amount of less offensive alternatives nowadays and the expense of cigarettes it is honestly just stupid as fuck to be burning cigs still.

(Pack a day from 19-29, 34 now using nic vapor)

Last edited:

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The discrimination against smokers implies them not being respectful around others, which way too many smokers simply are. At least this is my guess

I've been smoking for 5 years, from age 16 to age 21, and even back then I knew it was a stupid thing to do. It accomplishes nothing and costs just way too much money.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Smoked for 18 years and then gave up, haven't had a single one since then which is coming up on 4 years and I still miss it.

Main reason I gave up was money, I was smoking between 20 - 40 a day at the end so was spending close to £400 a month just on something that's was essentially killing me.

God damn though do I miss a coffee and a smoke in the morning.

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy smoking cigarettes in an occasional social setting, with friends, usually after a big meal or with some drinks. Never got hooked on the taste of cigs, never been a habitual daily user of cigs. On my own, I enjoy vaping nicotine, 6 mg strength, probably 2-4 ml a day (which is like 1-2 full tanks). It's the (studies suggest) safe alternative that gives me that guilty-pleasure kick I desire. I lift weights and exercise, and I haven't noticed any consequences from my vaping habit - teeth and gums are healthy, never got any cavities or anything negative health wise since i started like 8 years ago... but yeah, i'm obviously addicted to the sweet, sweet nic juice.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I was a smoker for 8 years and regret every cigarette I ever had. I quit 18 months ago.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I started quite late, I was 20. I'm a weird case I guess cause I smoke one pack per week or sometimes even per two/three weeks. I enjoy the smoke, what can I say. I hate smoking indoors or even on my own balcony so I only smoke when I'm out, mostly when I have some time to kill.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
first time i smoked was as a youngin' then not again until around 21 when I would drink and smoke while out with friends. Dabbeled into again but most recent time I changed over to American Spirits. almost $9 a pack made me stop after about a month.

fast forward 8-10 months and i bought a pack of AS. Couldn't make it through one entire fag before i felt like i was dying

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Most are terrible about considering the non-smokers around them or that people may have breathing problems, and the smell lingers if they smoke all the time. I can't be around one of my mom's friends because I can't breathe when she's in the room, it's that bad. Alot of the people at my work also smoke, and whenever I pass by the smoke break area I have to hold my breath or I start coughing like crazy for a few minutes.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I switched to vaping about five years ago after having really bad coughing attacks, have not had one sense, plus way cheeper. The only downside was all the work to get the throat hit that I was used to when smoking because I would gag really bad unless smoking filterless cigs, it was interesting to still get cravings for a couple of weeks even though I was getting the same amount of nicotine. I'm betting there is other addictive chemicals in there.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Been smoking for like 6 years with on and off with vaping.

But now clean for almost 2 months. Just enjoying vaping. If I want that nicotine feeling, I'd use a salt nic (min 20mg of nicotine). Basically the same feeling of dizziness lol.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have been smoking for more than 26 years.. I am 43 (44 in a couple of weeks).

I smoke between 10-20 cigarettes a day, a lot more when I drink in the weekends.
Sure I enjoy smoking, otherwise I wouldn't be smoking. I have quit for a year twice, but somehow I just enjoy life a bit more when I am a smoker.
Married to a non smoker, have 4 girls, where the older one (21) smokes (although she never lived with me, she lived with her mother, and I just was allowed contact again some years ago)..

chironex

Oct 27, 2017
Been smoking long enough to see the price here go from $5 a packet to $25. This is the year I've finally decided I actually want to quit.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The discrimination against smokers implies them not being respectful around others, which way too many smokers simply are. At least this is my guess

I've been smoking for 5 years, from age 16 to age 21, and even back then I knew it was a stupid thing to do. It accomplishes nothing and costs just way too much money.

Also, depending on how prevalent smoking is in your country, the non-smokers are most often the ones to 'cater' to the smokers in the group, because nobody wants to be "that guy" who speaks up and inconveniences their friends by saying they don't wanna sit in the smoker's area. Or they don't want the window to the balcony open when it's freezing outside.

So it's not that most smokers are "actively" inconsiderate of others, it's just that their addiction creates plenty of negative side effects even for their non-smoking friends.

That creates a certain resentment towards the drug itself. We like the people, we hate the cigarettes.

So happy that more and more of my friends have given up smoking by now.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Smoked for 18 years and then gave up, haven't had a single one since then which is coming up on 4 years and I still miss it.

Main reason I gave up was money, I was smoking between 20 - 40 a day at the end so was spending close to £400 a month just on something that's was essentially killing me.

God damn though do I miss a coffee and a smoke in the morning.

Sounds like me, I could actually smoke more after a few drinks, loved it but not the money going up in smoke.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
You might not, but millions do.
It makes some smokers stink so much the stench lingers, like on the guy who is coinsidently sat Infront of me on the bus right now and smells like decades worth of concentrated nicotine have soaked into his coat. It's fucking suffocating.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Smoked for about 7-8 years I think. Quit and started vaping for about a year now.
Might have a smoke now and then but very rare.

I don't mind the smoke actually and certainly don't mind it on the street when there's hundreds of cars whizzing by every hour.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Been smoking long enough to see the price here go from $5 a packet to $25. This is the year I've finally decided I actually want to quit.

good for you.. Price is an issue.. if it hadn't been for this:
oj7zjHi.jpg

vBP3EDW.png

I would not smoke anymore.. the taxes on cigarettes have gone up and up and up.. but somehow filters, tobacco and machine have not changed as much.
I am also lucky that I have friends who fly a lot, so they buy me cheap (tax free) cigarettes.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I smoke Iqos since June and feel a lot better. I tried, but it seems I can't live without something blowing in my mouth.
Vaping isn't my thing at all though, it's just not the same thing.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Could someone tell me why they smoke on a regular basis, exactly?
I've tried smoking some time ago but the gag-inducing taste and the dehydration isn't worth the extremely short energy boost you get. The act of smoking itself feels a bit relaxing, but the horrible taste, the dehydration, the ashes... It's really not worth it.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I only started smoking at 29 , it was hookah only though ,never liked cigarettes. I tried cigarettes but never smoked them regularly because I never liked it . Nowadays I rarely smoke hookah because I am vaping heavily. Vaping even though less dangerous than cigarettes is still had for your health , but I can't help it with all the stress and shit i'am dealing with.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been smoking on and off for about 17 years. Do I enjoy it? Uh sometimes, I really want to quit, will try again soon.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I have no problem if someone wants to smoke. At this point everyone should know how adversely it can affect your life and the chemicals that are put into prerolled cigarettes.

All I want is for people to stomp out the cig or toss some water on it and throw it in the trash. So many butts all over the environment. It's gross and super rude. Dispose if your cigs smokers and you'd get much less grief.

chironex

Oct 27, 2017
good for you.. Price is an issue.. if it hadn't been for this:
oj7zjHi.jpg

vBP3EDW.png

I would not smoke anymore.. the taxes on cigarettes have gone up and up and up.. but somehow filters, tobacco and machine have not changed as much.
I am also lucky that I have friends who fly a lot, so they buy me cheap (tax free) cigarettes.

Yeah I roll my own. Tobacco went from $10 for a 50gm pouch to, I shit you not, $70AUD. And a few years ago they introduced a duty free limit of "one unopened packet of 25 cigarettes, or 25gm tobacco, and one open packet."

Dec 2, 2017
I'm 26, started smoking when I was a teenager. Keep trying to quit, always fall off the wagon. I'm on the Lambert & Butlers.

senatom

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone tell me why they smoke on a regular basis, exactly?
I've tried smoking some time ago but the gag-inducing taste and the dehydration isn't worth the extremely short energy boost you get. The act of smoking itself feels a bit relaxing, but the horrible taste, the dehydration, the ashes... It's really not worth it.

Because they're addicted. It's one of those things that really has no actual benefits until you are addicted to it and then they have the ability to calm you, make you feel a bit better. I smoked from my mid teens to early twenties before I gave up, smoking is probably my only regret in life, it's a disgusting habit and a complete waste of money imo. If other people want to smoke that's fine, just keep it away from me, nothing worse than walking down the street or waiting at a crossing having to breathe in someone's second hand smoke.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i grew up around my parents smoking a pack a day so i didn't care about the smell, until i met my asthmatic partner. now i can barely tolerate most smokers - people smoke in non smoking areas, on the beach, on the street, outside of restaurants - the smell/smoke drifts in and my boyfriend has nearly died of an asthmatic attack more than once. some of those people have had the gall to argue back with my partner, like it's somehow his problem that he has asthma and reacts negatively to smoke. now i go out of my way to tell people smoking in public areas where there are kids/lots of people about or non-smoking areas to do that shit somewhere it only affects them

i realise that i'm "that guy" but after seeing my physically strong and otherwise healthy boyfriend nearly choke to death on the street i have no sympathy

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
How long have you been smoking and how often? Do you still enjoy it? 7 years, overall it kinda sucks but I still get a kick out of it every now and then.
A kick out of smoking? What kind of kick? It gives you nothing. Not a god damn thing. Not even a buzz. I have been addicted to that shit for decades and i can't say how happy i am that i finally quit (some years ago now). It's as addictive as heroin but it gives you nothing. At least drugs give you something.
It's the most boring thing in the world to be addicted to. Even coffee addiction is more exciting.

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I roll my own. Tobacco went from $10 for a 50gm pouch to, I shit you not, $70AUD. And a few years ago they introduced a duty free limit of "one unopened packet of 25 cigarettes, or 25gm tobacco, and one open packet."

damn... I buy those cans with lots of tobacco in them, save a lot of money.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because they're addicted. It's one of those things that really has no actual benefits until you are addicted to it and then they have the ability to calm you, make you feel a bit better. I smoked from my mid teens to early twenties before I gave up, smoking is probably my only regret in life, it's a disgusting habit and a complete waste of money imo. If other people want to smoke that's fine, just keep it away from me, nothing worse than walking down the street or waiting at a crossing having to breathe in someone's second hand smoke.

And that's how cigarettes fool so many people. It's never calming you or making you feel better. It's actually constantly making you stressed out because of the addiction. Having a cigarette only calms you because it's giving you some short-lived release from that constant addiction. It's a vicious loop.

Last edited:

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Been smoking since I was like 15, but I've stopped doing it daily for I don't know how long now. Wasn't ever a concious choice, I just stopped doing it. Now I only smoke when with friends and drinking. A beer and a cig, a match made in heaven! I suppose I do it more for the social aspect of it, and god knows I've done most of my business networking while smoking. Anyhow now I buy maybe 1 pack a month. To be honest smoking is nasty to me now unless I already filthed myself up with alcohol.

senatom

Oct 25, 2017
And that how cigarettes fool so many people. It's never calming you or making you feel better. It's actually constantly making you stressed out because of the addiction. Having a cigarette only calms you because it's giving you some short-lived release from that constant addiction. It's a vicious loop.

Agree 100%, it's similar to my now caffeine addiction, if I don't have my coffee by 10AM I get a headache :)

Oct 27, 2017
smoked for like a decade and change but now I chuck massive vapeclouds every once in a while, mostly while gaming. In all honesty I had 0 issues quitting smoking thanks to vaping, and I've managed to step my way down to 0 nicotine e-juice which is what I vape mostly, but I do have 0.5mg/ml DIY juice with nicotine when I'm feeling particularly stressed out.

I'm back at the point where the smell of cigarettes is actually disgusting to me and prevents me from even wanting to try one again. I'll probably quit vaping at some point too since I'm essentially nic free like 95% of the time and when I do use nic it's essentially a microdose. At this point it's mostly a visual thing with the clouds and the blowing of O's and doing vapetricks like a proper lamer sucking on his doucheflute.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I gave smoking a try and didn't care for it, booze ended up my vice

Thriftweed

Nov 2, 2017
I alternated between straights and rollies for about 5 years before giving up when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. It's been 3 years since my last cigarette.

Sometimes I miss it and the conversations I would have with the other smokers at work, but most of the time I feel sick whenever I think about smoking again.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I still find enjoyment in a smoke combined with a hot coffee when I arrive at work, but other than that I just smoke because it's a habit. Been doing for 15 years now. Probably way past overdue that I quit, should think about that some more.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I've been a smoker on and off (usually on) for 17 years now, started at 19. I regret starting, that's for sure.

For the last couple of years I've mostly been vaping and if I don't go out for a drink I can make a pack of 20 last two or three weeks. Since I can vape at my desk though I'm probably no better off as I'm still vaping 18mg stuff.

Oh well.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I haven't smoked in 6 years but dumb law makers are trying their hardest to ban vaping to protect the children so I'll be back to smoking Newports soon enough.

17 years analog

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I smoke 4-6 cigs a day. Never in public or while I'm at work, though. It just is what it is. Should quit but need to find another source of stress relief and weed is super illegal here. Don't really drink much, less than one drink every three months on average.

I smoke Bohem Number 3s, a Korean cigarette brand.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Simple fact is most smokers don't. The streets are littered with cigarette butts and so many smokers make no attempt to smoke away from people.

Also so many people think they keep it too themselves but they really don't. The smoke travels a lot further than most realise. The amount of sick kids I look after in ED with bad lung conditions who's parents "don't smoke around the kids" is staggering.