• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cidney vs Nico

• Cidney

Votes: 61 28.9%
  • Nico

Votes: 150 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Only weaboos with anime avatars would pick Cidney over Nico and their taste on anything should be ignored by default.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Nico is an absolutely great character all around so....
Nico.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Nico all the way. She looks like someone I know for starters, and I've seen women wear similar things so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Also she does have "work" clothes as well. Cid, eh. to DOA for me. Also its nice to have a dumb, goofy thread for once. shit not everything needs to be some big destruction of norms or dissertation on blah blah blah. This thread fits DMC perfectly.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
It's perfectly possible to have a discussion on if Capcom handled a character well in response to another game doing a similar character without having to immediately devolve into a poll-based wankfest that doesn't encourage any sort of discussion on the matter at all but do you think OP fucking cares about that? lmfao if you say so
This is the kinda thread where the OP makes the thread then runs for it lol
TBF, judging from the OP's posts about FFXV, this is a stealth "Doesn't FFXV suck and I need a poll to prove it does?"

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nico. Good character and I don't care about Final Fantasy as im still waiting for that damn fantasy to be final.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This. Hate seeing characters smoke. I just keep thinking "Your lungs!!!"

Its great that Nero was put off by it and immediately opened the window

Anyway

Much more prefer Cidney's design and love her jp voice but the vote goes to Nico simply because ultimately Cidney is a pretty minor side character while Nico has a constant presence throughout the game. Not to mention the game just sells the mechanic aspect better with Nero coming to her to get new devil breakers while you see tools behind her, you see her grabbing the devil breakers etc.

Nico is responsible for the replacement of Nero's main gimmick from his previous game,
made the Faust hat and a new Kalina Ann
thats just much more than maintaining the car.

OP
OP
Dark_Castle

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
It's also important to note that when Nico actually does gunsmith works, she wears appropriate (enough) attire doing it

wWyJXit.jpg

When she's behind the work counter she ditches the sleeveless/midriff look and dons a surprisingly decent look. Sleeves covered, midriff covered, proper welding/soldering mask.

She's not ALWAYS dressed like that when she's working wow maybe it's because the developers took time to instill some method of practicality in the only character relatively grounded to reality compared to the other ladies

You can tell OP hasn't even played the game
Just started mission 2. Yeah Nico actually has a seperate, more protected outfit while actually in work, which is even better.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played DMCV, but I voted for Nico, because Cidney is a horribly designed character.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Except she doesn't zip up her top and her shorts are shorter (to the point where they're basically jean bikini bottoms). She's also wearing leather knee-highs along with her pink & white cowboy boots. Neither of those are particularly common.

Like I said, Nico's attire is far more believable than Cidney's.

Neither of them are "believable." People very rarely dress like either of them in pubic. There's no difference as far as that specific criticism is concerned.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
cigarettes in 2019... bad design!

I haven't played these games, but they seem to go visually in something of the same direction, but I think the FF one is a little more memorable,

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
This is not thread-worthy. Before it devolves completely into mere gawking, we are closing it to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.