• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
·feist·

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
She has a memoir out recently too.
Yeah:

- Miles Davis was in a robe the first time they met.

- Tyson once called Lenny Kravitz's mom on him.

- She showed Liz Taylor there's more than one queen.

- She snatched Miles Davis's weave and she'd do it again.

- Tyler Perry pads her paychecks.

- She had to remeet Denzel Washington on the street.

- She hung up on Barack Obama.​

From a few days ago:

Hollywood legend Cicely Tyson recounts life, career in new memoir

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I had never heard of her before today and at lunch I was watching when Obama awarded her the medal of freedom in 2016......

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Awww no! She was great. My mom is gonna be sad. 😥

She was still working at 96. Played Viola Davis' mom in How To Get Way With Murder just last year. Was still slaying the red carpets too.

RIP Queen.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I really hate to hear news like this. She's was an amazing actress and been in some of my favorite movies.

RIP.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

And for some reason, this also reminded me that Sidney Pointier is still alive almost in his mid 90s

Bravekunai

Oct 29, 2017
154373_0079.jpg

I remember her from how to get away with murder. Analise's mother.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts. She was such an incredible talent and a true legend. Now I really want to re-watch The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.

R.I.P.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I swear she was just on TV being the goddess that she is. RIP. She definitely should have won an Oscar for Sounder.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
She had a really successful life and was still acting at 96. Rest in Peace, Queen.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Damn. RIP.

What a Legend.

I've always loved seeing her work, from The Color Purple to How to Get Away with Murder.

Also, 96 years old?! That's a lifetime for sure! Sad at her passing, but also, celebratory of a long lived life, and her body of work.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, my mom nearly broke down when she heard the news.

I didn't get to see her older work, but listening to her talk about her memoir on NPR made me realize how important she was.