• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Nah. He's a person of questionable moral character, but to deny his talent is a fool's errand.
Chris Brown's notoriety is the only thing keeping his name in people's mouths. If he was a perfectly upstanding citizen, his career would be in the same place as Jay Sean's, Trey Songz's or Mario's.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Let's not forget his classy "sugar skull" tattoo either (as you can see it looks nothing like a sugar skull).

https://i./i/pix/2012/09/11/article-0-14F5ACFD000005DC-191_634x696.jpg

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chris Brown is a cunt. I don't know who Tyga is but I'll back my hometown team of CHVRCHES over either of them every day of the week. Chris Brown is a cunt.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
What should Chris Brown do? Would people be happier if he killed himself? Should we not allow him to grow change into a better person? I get disliking him or not listening to his music anymore, but dude hasn't done wild shit in years.

Getting real tired of the narrative that abusers should be given free passes or even congratulated for the magnanimous feat that is 'growing and changing into a better person' and not abusing and harming people anymore. Wow, so brave, so special.

Not that it matters in this case because Chris Brown is still despicable and his music is fucking awful so there's not even the cognitive dissonance excuse of great art, bad person. We could all just end this nightmare by consistently, uniformly treating him like the sociopath he has been and continues to prove himself to be.

But apparently that's too much to ask, and apparently his dim star is of more value and societal capital than the pain and hurt he's caused and will continue to cause. Nobody is owed forgiveness, but the worst part is that Chris Brown has never even been condemned to the level he deserves.

nayriee

Banned
Jan 26, 2019
What should Chris Brown do? Would people be happier if he killed himself? Should we not allow him to grow change into a better person? I get disliking him or not listening to his music anymore, but dude hasn't done wild shit in years.

This tbh, I don't even know who or what this marshsmellow guy is. Didn't Chris already do his time and pay his dues? I might be behind on the news I don't follow tmz or anything but like, who cares? who are chvrches to call them out.

Collaborating with another artist that may be a shitty human is ok

Last edited:

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
This tbh, I don't even know who or what this marshsmellow guy is. Didn't Chris already do his time and pay his dues? I might be behind on the news I don't follow tmz or anything but like, who cares? who are chvrches to call them out.

Collaborating with another artist that may be shitty humans
Do his time?
He beat a woman incredibly badly. Look up the photos.

Any decent person should call him out.

Also I'd feel terrible if I collaborated with someone that collaborated with Chris Brown. It's their right to be disgusted.

Hollywood still loves a film director that drugged and raped a 14 year old and fled to France and suffered no consequence. Anyone that calls that shit stain out has a decent moral compass.

nayriee

Banned
Jan 26, 2019
Do his time?
He beat a woman incredibly badly. Look up the photos.

Any decent person should call him out.

Also I'd feel terrible if I collaborated with someone that collaborated with Chris Brown. It's their right to be disgusted.

Hollywood still loves a film director that drugged and raped a 14 year old and fled to France and suffered no consequence. Anyone that calls that shit stain out has a decent moral compass.

Lots of people did call him out though? for like, almost a decade?

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know who CHVRCHES is or are but well done because Chris Brown is sub human scum.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should be blacklisted and have all his music removed from streaming services like R Kelly.

If someone listens to Chris Brown music they are financially supporting an unapologetic woman beater.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
In the tweet he wishes that they get killed by a bus full of "mental patients" - is this what you can growth?

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Collaborating with another artist that may be shitty humans

1) Tyga never "paid his dues" for anything involving Kylie.
2) Chris Brown has continued to have legal problems involving Women and being accused of assault/rape up until January of this year.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
I'm all for redemption, positive change, and using your platform to make the world better. I'm sure people on this forum are generally against death penalty, and many probably favor the Scandinavian countries' prison system which centers on prevention and reform rather than punishment and vengeance.

But... a person has to work towards that redemption and positive change, and Chris Brown is not one of those people. Until then, it's this same story:

https://sports.theonion.com/college-basketball-star-heroically-overcomes-tragic-rap-1819594970

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It's been like a decade, still waiting for Chris Brown to change and be a better person.

His fans are trash almost as much as he is.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Brown is a dipshitted, miserable shitstain. I wish I could understand how people like him and R Kelly and so many other abusive and vile musicians can have so many staunch defenders when they are proven sex pests and terrible people.

IDK much about Marshmallow, but most flavor of the month EDM DJs are just going to strike at every money project they can while the iron is hot, and unfortunately Chris Brown is still worth massive clicks on youtube for some reason that continues to elude me

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive and Inflammatory Drive-by Post; Accumulated Infractions
They should have contacted the dude directly to express their disappointment and not made an attention whoring tweet.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They should have contacted the dude directly to express their disappointment and not made an attention whoring tweet.
Nah, they didn't want to appear to be okay with Chris Brown and Tyga's shit, and saying something was absolutely the right thing to do. It's not attention whoring, it's taking a stand and stating they don't support abuse.

He should be blacklisted and have all his music removed from streaming services like R Kelly.

If someone listens to Chris Brown music they are financially supporting an unapologetic woman beater.

Totally agree. Just wish dude would fade to black instead of always having his name brought up into the spotlight almost every other month.

In the tweet he wishes that they get killed by a bus full of "mental patients" - is this what you can growth?

Nah, I was speaking more to his violent outburst that happened with the Rihanna incident and then he was constantly getting into fights and throwing chairs out windows and shit. But no, he's still a fucking idiot who hasn't changed.

I'm all for redemption, positive change, and using your platform to make the world better. I'm sure people on this forum are generally against death penalty, and many probably fair the Scandinavian countries' prison system which centers on prevention and reform rather than punishment and vengeance.

But... a person has to work towards that redemption and positive change, and Chris Brown is not one of those people. Until then, it's this same story:

https://sports.theonion.com/college-basketball-star-heroically-overcomes-tragic-rap-1819594970

That's a great way of looking at it.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
what the fuck does it mean when he writes that "these are the type of people I wished walked in front of a speeding bus full of mental patients"?

What kind of angsty teenage response bullshit is that.

Not seeing any lies in CHVRCHES statement.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Some pictures leaked out of him choking a woman last year. They claimed to be "horsing around" but, uh, I don't know...

1w26PyS.jpg
Holy fuck, I never saw this but how do you spin this as "horsing around"?!?!

She's clearly in distress

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Who are these people? I remember Chris Brown had a song called Run It when he was about 15 and then he beat up Rihanna. Other than that, no idea what songs he's produced nor do I have any clue who the other two are. Why is this news?

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Who are these people? I remember Chris Brown had a song called Run It when he was about 15 and then he beat up Rihanna. Other than that, no idea what songs he's produced nor do I have any clue who the other two are. Why is this news?

I don't know, cause they're some of the biggest pop stars at this point in time?

Just because you don't know them, doesn't mean that 10s of millions of others don't.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lauren went and criticized 4chan a couple of years ago, so they seem to not back down from much.

Also, Chris Brown is a POS.

Chvrches stay winning.

Oct 28, 2017
Judging by the images alone, Chvrches are the only ones who look like they make music I might enjoy listening to.

Also, fuck Chris Brown. Look at his abusive ass tryna flex like he's relevant

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't speak on Tyga since I'm not familiar with their work, but good on CHVRCHES for calling out a working partnership that goes against their values. Plus, while Here With Me is okay (mostly due to Lauren's voice), CHVRCHES has done far better and isn't missing out by breaking ties with Marshmello.

Not sure why anyone would even want to be affiliated with someone with such a tarnished public reputation.

Jul 18, 2018
You got to love shit people that try to spin themselves as victims. Brown saying he is Black and Proud as if it's an attack on his race...then goes straight into crazy mode. Must be a really proud man to be beating women eh....