• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Requiem of the Gods has rightfully been posted already, so looks like Not-Castlevania is my next step

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
fast edit

This might be a bit fast and chaotic for church music but there a pseudo choir that makes me think of some dramatic church battle going on

maybe a bit of a stretch but I hear church bells ? :D

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

RswUzRF.png

This is it chief.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Far Cry 5 lol. First game I thought of too.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any videogames with negro spirituals in it?

Edit, y'all forgot the goat

Maybe it's a bit heretical of me, but my favorite Cathedral of Shadows tracks--mostly from Nocturne--are the ones that don't sound church-like at all (and slap hard).

(Most people probably never hear this one:)

And of course, the classic:

Such a good soundtrack that always makes me nostalgic. Really creepy at times, too.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I see you don't mean church hymns.

But "Will the Circle be Unbroken" in Bioshock Infinite blew me away. Here's a AAA game just doing a nice rendition of an old as fuck song I've heard in church.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yay. I'll post two of my favorite Far Cry 5 songs too lol.

But, while not exactly church, I think these two culty tracks from Wasteland 3 should be here too:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, it doesn't take place in a church, but it' the first thing I'm thinking about when you talk about religion/religious music and video games

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Since Requiem of the Gods from Symphony of the night was already mentioned, I'm going with the next best thing: Vagrant Story.

Also this one, which doesn't sound at all like your typical church or temple song.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It think it's in all Hitman since Blood Money. In the reboot, during an event on the Isle of Sgàil (and with a specific weapon).

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you. The theme is literally in plainsong.

Also interesting to note they were hinting at the religious characteristics of the Covenant in spite of it never being mentioned on the first game, only being developed on the later entries.
I mean they are called the Covenant. Hard to find a more theologically tinged name for an alliance than that. I know very little about the development of Halo but I bet they had someone write some sort of series Bible about the background early on in development. It is always cool to see stuff like that hinted at early on.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Technically not in a game yet, but give me about a year-ish and this will likely be the church music in the Metroidvania I'm working on. All credits go to Wingless Seraph/YouFulca for releasing these royalty free for use in games.

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Bandai gets an orchestra for Elden Ring. Live instrumentation would have benefited this OST so much.

I was always fascinated by this track. The intro doesn't actually get used in the game IIRC, but using electricity as an instrument is just a crazy good idea here.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Does this one count?

Kyrie sings it in a church, so I'm gonna count it. Always loved this song and its usage in the intro to DMC4.