• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
The last episode is 90 minutes, I'm glad to be wrong.
bloody-disgusting.com

This Week’s Season Finale of “Chucky” Will Be a Super-Sized 90 Minutes!

The debut season of Don Mancini‘s “Chucky” series comes to an end this Tuesday, November 30, with Chucky’s master plan finally being revealed in “An Affair to Dismember.” In the Season Finale, “Scores old and new will be settled, and sparks will fly, as Chucky’s diabolical plan comes to fruition...
edit: Just saw it was posted last page, either way I'm still excited!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will, but I hope they don't kill Andy. No "passing of the torch" stuff, I hate it when OG characters get killed off. Andy's been through a lifetime of trauma, he deserves a happy ending. Alex Vincent's delivery doesn't even bother me, I still love seeing him back as the character. Would take him any day over someone else with the acting chops recast in the role, and I'm glad Don Mancini clearly thought the same.

OP
OP
CloseTalker

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will, but I hope they don't kill Andy. No "passing of the torch" stuff, I hate it when OG characters get killed off. Andy's been through a lifetime of trauma, he deserves a happy ending. Alex Vincent's delivery doesn't even bother me, I still love seeing him back as the character. Would take him any day over someone else with the acting chops recast in the role, and I'm glad Don Mancini clearly thought the same.
I'll be honest, as much as I love that they keep the character around, he's so boring and Vincent's acting is so bad that I don't really care whether he lives or dies.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I know Andy's kind of monotone but it fits. Dude has been repeatedly traumatized since he was a kid and probably depressed for most of his life. The way I think about it he's one of the most victimized people in the show and it's kind of sad to see him like this as an adult.
Yeah thats how I take it. The monotone is intentional, Andy is a wreck.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Tbh I was getting a stronger feeling that Kyle is gonna die than Andy. Which would annoy me a lot more. If one of them goes then I hope it's Andy.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
No way Andy's deadpan is intentional. The guy can't act, it nearly took me out of what was happening. He's set-up for death in the cliffhanger, but Chucky doesn't have the best track record, so I think he'll live another day.

Oct 25, 2017
So how were we meant to understand the great doll awakening was because Junior killed someone?

I mean, I'm all in at this point but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that was intentional.

(I still don't like what Cult ended up doing with the mythos).

This is a 'me' problem for sure though.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
So how were we meant to understand the great doll awakening was because Junior killed someone?

I mean, I'm all in at this point but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that was intentional.

(I still don't like what Cult ended up doing with the mythos).

This is a 'me' problem for sure though.
It wasn't explicitly said, but Jake and Lexy were openly wondering what Chucky has to gain from getting the kids to kill when he's so capable of killing on his own which was followed by Chucky expressing his relief to Junior that he finally got one of the kids to kill like right next to a shot of the Chucky army waking up. There was some heavy implication going on.

Oct 25, 2017
You all 'got the beat' and I thank you.

Next question, we haven't seen him in that toy store yet, the one from the preview screens?

Or have we.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Tiffany did say that was wanted to make sure Nica is able to stay in the driver's seat so maybe she'll thwart whatever he has planned before it's too late?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder where the ratings stand now. The last news we got had it up there with some pretty big name shows.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I'll be honest, as much as I love that they keep the character around, he's so boring and Vincent's acting is so bad that I don't really care whether he lives or dies.
Yeah, and it's honestly kind of a shame because bringing back the original actor is pretty cool. But if he's gonna stick around they should really hire an acting/dialogue coach for him.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Vincent's acting, although bad, doesn't really bother me. The role doesn't really call for much range, unlike Nica and such. As long as the Dourifs are there to balance him out, he can Hal 9000 that shit for as long as he wants.

Actually, Hal was much more expressive, haha.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
New theory: Andy lives, but all the murders are pinned on him. He has a history that got him instituted in the first place and the town is littered with dolls related to that.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Not reading reviews either, but "leaves you ready for season 2" makes it sound like it ends on some sort of cliffhanger, so I'm glad it was renewed.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
imagine when caroline mom introduces "Jennifer Tilly". and then Tiffany stabs her on stage before she let loose all the chucky dolls.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Not reading reviews either, but "leaves you ready for season 2" makes it sound like it ends on some sort of cliffhanger, so I'm glad it was renewed.
Seems like Chucky stuff ends on cliff hangers as much as it doesn't (at least these days) so I certainly wasn't expecting a giant bow on everything. I'm mainly interested to see if Jake and friends get their story all wrapped up tonight or not.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Chucky stuff ends on cliff hangers as much as it doesn't (at least these days) so I certainly wasn't expecting a giant bow on everything. I'm mainly interested to see if Jake and friends get their story all wrapped up tonight or not.
Yeah, I was thinking more in regards to Jake and company. I'm expecting we'll be left with threads still hanging. I know some people would prefer an anthology style show, but as of now I don't except them to change the cast from one season to the next.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah, I was thinking more in regards to Jake and company. I'm expecting we'll be left with threads still hanging. I know some people would prefer an anthology style show, but as of now I don't except them to change the cast from one season to the next.
Whether Don planned out all the stuff with Nica being paraplegic, it certainly feels like something that was put in place from the very beginning with regards to it being used to signify whether or not Chucky is in control. If it was conceived after Curse of Chucky, it feels completely organic. I'm sure there'll be compelling things he can do with these characters and this cast. Heck, there's no way any of the madness that we currently have was planned when Jennifer Tilly was first cast as Tiffany.

Basically, I trust in Don.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
would Don even do a timeskip. that allows for new character but also more flashbacks because its staple

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Whether Don planned out all the stuff with Nica being paraplegic, it certainly feels like something that was put in place from the very beginning with regards to it being used to signify whether or not Chucky is in control. If it was conceived after Curse of Chucky, it feels completely organic. I'm sure there'll be compelling things he can do with these characters and this cast. Heck, there's no way any of the madness that we currently have was planned when Jennifer Tilly was first cast as Tiffany.

Basically, I trust in Don.
Agreed. I like the new characters and want to keep following them. All the movies kept building on what came before, so there's no reason why he can't do the same here. The TV format is perfect for it too.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind dumping most of the new characters. They're great but I just feel like they're going the Andy route again if they keep them around and have them constantly fighting with Chucky. Not that I want to get rid of them but I wouldn't mind a big change in scenery and what not for the next season.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I don't think a show has ever made me flip harder on a character than with Lexy. Went from being someone I was desperately wishing Chucky would take down in the third episode to being my favorite character who I want to see triumph.

This fucking franchise, y'all. Nothing like it, nothing better.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Early review:

bloody-disgusting.com

[Review] “Chucky” Season Finale Leaves You Ready for Season 2 With a Smile On Your Face

A lot of ground has been covered in just seven episodes of Don Mancini‘s “Chucky” series. Jake Wheeler (Zackary Arthur) overcame his isolation and rage to find a family in Lexy (Alyvia Alyn Lind) and Devon (Bjorgvin Arnarson). Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly) once again found herself struggling to get...

Nice. Won't be reading it, but the title is how I personally want to be when this episode ends! Nica's well being being paramount to this!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
What's going to snap junior back. At this point he's a lost cause. He ain't about to do a Lexi in one episode

Status
Not open for further replies.